2016 MLB thread. THE CUBS HAVE BROKEN THE CURSE! Chicago Cubs are your 2016 World Series champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am so ******* pumped up! I was too young to remember the '85 season. In between has been nothing short of misery. My Royals are one win away from going to the WS. I have seen the majority of these players coming up playing with the Storm Chasers here in Omaha. They are shocking the nation!!!!!!

laugh.gif

Its so refreshing to watch. This was the way baseball was played before steroids. You have to be a true fan cause it bores the casual fly by nighter. This has been incredible for baseball imo.

Last edited:
As someone who lives in KC, this is an absolutley amazing feeling to be here at this point in the season.

This city is LIVE right now....and in shock.

Welp, it's most likely over for the o's. Nothing to be disappointed at. It was a fantastic season. Funny thing about this series is that I'm ok with losing to the Royals. I have zero animosity towards their squad. Much different than if the O's were playing a team like Boston, NY, LAA, etc. The Royals are fun as hell to watch, play an exciting style of baseball, and are obviously the best story in baseball. If/when they advance, I want them to continue to shock the world and win the WS. Premature congrats to the Royals fan(s) on NT?

By no means am I the biggest Royals fan in the world, I definitely root for the team, but KU basketball/football, Chiefs, Suns are the teams I care about most.

That being said, this has been an extremely fun ride, can't believe how hot the Royals are right now. I am so happy for so many diehard fans that have watched 100 loss season after 100 loss season and now are one win away from the freakin' World Series. Incredible.

Not sure why Guthrie felt the need to apologize for his tee. I wouldn't even think it crossed the 'sportsmanship' boundaries.

Last edited:
@ESPNStatsInfo  
Ryan Vogelsong (SF starter tonight) through 11 career starts vs Cardinals:

Regular season: 1-6, 6.23 ERA
Playoffs: 2-0, 1.29 ERA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom