2016 MLB thread. THE CUBS HAVE BROKEN THE CURSE! Chicago Cubs are your 2016 World Series champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Proshares wrote:
Danny boy might need to check his facts, I know the Yankees in 2000 for sure went something like 13-16 and lost a good amount in the last two and a half weeks.

But I wasn't necessarily just saying about winning it all, just pointing out that even though some teams struggle hard to make it through September they've been known to win a round or two. I'll look some up.
You're right about the 2000 Yankees team. I remember them losing a lot of games, 17 to be exact. The Cardinals in 2006 also hobbled into the playoffs and we know how that turned out.

Strasburg's 10 strikeouts
The breaking ball 
sick.gif

Originally Posted by Proshares

Imagine if Adam Jones had any semblance of plate discipline. He'd be a STUD.

I'd still take him if Pagan walks. This year our hitting coach, got our batters to be very patient. So, it wouldn't shock me, if he gets his OBP to .335 - 350 as a Met. Of course he's gonna hit 20+ homers in Flushing. However, a decent young fielding CF, who'll hit 10 -15 homers is nice.

Originally Posted by Proshares

Imagine if Adam Jones had any semblance of plate discipline. He'd be a STUD.

I'd still take him if Pagan walks. This year our hitting coach, got our batters to be very patient. So, it wouldn't shock me, if he gets his OBP to .335 - 350 as a Met. Of course he's gonna hit 20+ homers in Flushing. However, a decent young fielding CF, who'll hit 10 -15 homers is nice.

Solid season for my Nats. I wasn't expecting 80 wins so this was a great step in the right direction for us. Hopefully with all of our health back next year and contributions from our young guns and Werth actually playing somewhat decent we can make a push. Michael Morse 
pimp.gif

Solid season for my Nats. I wasn't expecting 80 wins so this was a great step in the right direction for us. Hopefully with all of our health back next year and contributions from our young guns and Werth actually playing somewhat decent we can make a push. Michael Morse 
pimp.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom