2016 MLB thread. THE CUBS HAVE BROKEN THE CURSE! Chicago Cubs are your 2016 World Series champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
b5490680-5f03-11e4-a13d-f1b184e258a1_458009634.jpg

'01 Yankees were blown out in Game 6. They responded well in Game 7 and had it not been for an unforeseen blown save from Mariano Rivera they would've had their 4th consecutive WS. Tomorrow has the potential to be an all-time classic.

In hindsight. Do you think the Giants should've started Bumgarner in game 4.

When they rallied in game 4 and took game 5 it looked light the right move but potentially having him able to start on 3 days rest tomorrow would've been huge.

You got all offseason to rest, how many innings do you think he pitches tomorrow?

In hindsight. Do you think the Giants should've started Bumgarner in game 4.

When they rallied in game 4 and took game 5 it looked light the right move but potentially having him able to start on 3 days rest tomorrow would've been huge.

You got all offseason to rest, how many innings do you think he pitches tomorrow?
That would've been asking him to start 3 times in 9 days on consecutive 3 days rest. He's already thrown over 220 pitches in his two starts. That would've been way too much.

maybe the Giants should have taken Bum out after 8 when they had a 5-0 lead to save some bullets in that arm 
nerd.gif

I feel you on the 3 times in 9 days part.

I guess it all depends on the pitcher though. I know cc did the 3 days rest thing a few times for the Yankees.

Bumgarner is better then Petit but the Giants are going to need to get some type of run production. Perhaps the 3rd time is the charm for the Royals against Bumgarner though. I'm saying that assuming he's pitching a few innings tomorrow unless this game is a blowout either way

Baseball Hall ‏@BaseballHall

Cap worn by #Royals Yordano Ventura in dominant Game 6 performance, tribute to Oscar Taveras is headed to Cooperstown
B1FqwsdIIAAESjk.jpg:large

have Bum pitching three innings

Last edited:
I always think about things like this.  Like, how different would it have been if certain players had the luxury of all the modern medicine and treatments during their playing career.

Like, could you imagine Mickey Mantle with today's medical advancements?  Granted, he would have had to buy in and take care of himself, but still.

Just interesting to think about.
I always think about things like this.  Like, how different would it have been if certain players had the luxury of all the modern medicine and treatments during their playing career.

Like, could you imagine Mickey Mantle with today's medical advancements?  Granted, he would have had to buy in and take care of himself, but still.

Just interesting to think about.

I think of the flip side of it, would those two have survived the spotlight players nowadays have to face. The scrutiny, the social and media attention players get. It is well known Mantle was a functioning alcoholic throughout his career. **** like that doesn't fly anymore.

Sandy, well, there have always been rumors that he is professional sports first and best gay player. Never been confirmed but rumors were there during his playing days. Easier to hide things back then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom