2016 MLB thread. THE CUBS HAVE BROKEN THE CURSE! Chicago Cubs are your 2016 World Series champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
They're saying Pablo is a done deal too. About 200 mil spent on those two players. Wonder why they didn't want Lester if they're gonna spend?

Hanley and Sandoval to Boston. Sandoval addresses their lefty bat problem. What're they gonna do with Bogaerts or Betts? :nerd:

Wow that Braves stadium looks :pimp: :pimp:

Can't wait to visit it when its done

But on the other hand, hopefully its not as empty as Turner Field

Hanley and Sandoval to Boston. Sandoval addresses their lefty bat problem. What're they gonna do with Bogaerts or Betts? :nerd:

i think they'll keep Betts. liked his bat and speed. Xander hasn't panned out. interested to see if they unload him or stay patient.

actually moving Cespedes is a possibility. he doesn't want to sign here, so we'll probably move him (either now or before the deadline)

This is confusing.

Unless they have a trade in the works. My gut tells me they might be trying to pry Cueto +1 out of Cincy.

Nah :lol: he'd be like the fourth guy on the "list"...I'm pretty sure Fister, Zimmerman and Hamels would be a higher value move for them. I'm hoping they trade Betts so we can laugh at them for something.

:lol:

:lol: we'll see who takes on that dead weight.

Buster_ESPN Buster Olney
As Giants have mulled over possible Plan Bs to Sandoval, they've talked about a really interesting player: Jon Lester. He'd be a great fit.

as longer as Lester doesn't end up in NY...i'm fine whereever he goes :lol:

obviously want him back, though

People were talking about the Yankees being the team to make moves this offseason but the team that's gonna make moves is the Red Sox. With signing Hanley and Sandoval they have a bunch of players they can trade for pitching. In the outfield they have Mookie Betts, Bradley Jr, Cespedes, Allen Craig, Nava and Victorino. Then they still have Middlebrooks and a few other SS and 3B prospects.

In the outfield they have Mookie Betts, Bradley Jr, Cespedes, Allen Craig, Nava and Victorino. Then they still have Middlebrooks and a few other SS and 3B prospects.
[thread="287472"]

[/thread]

Did you see them play last year? Boston isn't getting much for any of those players except for Ces and he only has one year left on his contract.

CC and the Cap looked SAUCED :lol:

don't even know how i want the yanks goin this offseason, no Jeter's got me numb .... as bad as that sounds :lol:

Russell Martin isn't nowhere near 80 mil. I think he's a good C but his bat is trash and he can't stay healthy.

Boston trying to get Henley back after getting rid of him in his prime???

Martin's contract reeks of desperation. Type of guy that shouldn't be getting more than 3 years 15 million. God bless his agent.

:lol: You guys watch le beisbol outside of your favorite teams, :lol:

Annual salary is on par with being arguably a Top 5 catcher, the concern is the length. The team that was going to get him had to give that fifth year.

That's a whole lot of money for a guy who can't stay healthy and has been iffy when he does play lol

He'll be fine in LF, injuries are a concern, and we'll see how he handles the spotlight that Boston has. Sucks to see him go. When he played he was great to watch (offensively), his bat is incredible. His defense is the complete opposite, tough to stomach. Everything says Panda will play 3rd, Boegarts plays SS and Hanely LF. I think eventually Hanley will find his way to first base, Napoli has one more year on his deal and Papi can't play forever :lol:.

He'll have all spring to adjust to playing to LF, :lol:

Most of you make it seem as if he is going from LF to SS. He'll be fine, he'll get injured because he is Hanley, not because he will be playing a less demanding position.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom