2016 MLB thread. THE CUBS HAVE BROKEN THE CURSE! Chicago Cubs are your 2016 World Series champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Newman over Dansby Swanson? I haven't seen Newman but what I've seen from Swanson is very promising. Feel like Swanson can be a 20-20 guy that can drive in 80.

I did a piece on the draft for my podcast's blog. Nothing extravagant just some names worth knowing.

I really like Garrett Whitley's potential. Feel like he's going to hit 30 home runs one day. Sort of want the Yankees to draft him.

Kyle Tucker reminds me of a Shawn Greene/Luis Gonzalez type of player. Should be a good doubles hitter.

Last edited:
Brady Aiken is showing his Medicaid to certain gm's.

http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/brady-aikens-medicals-are-out-situation-is-still-cloudy/

If he isn't severely damaged, he could be a steal for some teams if he goes in the second round.
just read that about 30 minutes ago 
laugh.gif

strange how Aiken's camp is making teams request the medical, and only allowing GMs and up see it. 

Paul Goldschmidt: batting .440 in the last 7 days (11-25, 3 2B, 3 HR). Heading for his third consecutive ^ .300 season, currently second-best AVG in the NL (.355). :smokin

Thor 10 k's in four innings :pimp:
His hits and runs allowed yuck

Flores's defense keeps getting better. Only one error in the last 16 games.

Archer, Pederson and Gallo - what a performance yesterday

Last edited:
Saw this happen live :lol: At the game last night, this girl dropped her phone on the field and Harp snapped a selfie with it

That's one of things I love about Twitter. So entertaining.

:lol: @ Ricky

$5 k or iPad. Definitely iPad for him.

On this day 20 years ago, Pedro Martinez's no-hit bid was broken up in the 10th inning. He exited the game with only 95 pitches... in the 10th!!!

On June 3, 1995, while pitching for Montreal, he retired the first 27 Padres hitters he faced. However, the score was still tied 0–0 at that point and the game went into extra innings. The Expos scored a run in the top of the 10th, but Martínez surrendered a double to the 28th batter he faced, Bip Roberts. Expos manager Felipe Alou then removed Martínez from the game, bringing in reliever Mel Rojas, who retired the next three batters.[46] Martínez officially recorded neither a perfect game nor a no-hitter. Until 1991, the rules would have judged it differently; however, a rule clarification specified that perfect games, even beyond nine innings, must remain perfect until the game is completed for them to be considered perfect. This retroactively decertified many no-hit games, including Ernie Shore's perfect relief stint in 1917 and Harvey Haddix's legendary 12 perfect innings in 1959 (lost in the 13th).

Pedro :pimp:

The greatest pitcher in my eyes.

I never forget his relief pitching performance against the Indians in the postseason. He was ordered not to throw many fastball or change-up. He replied on his curveball mostly for the whole game. 6 innings, 8 strikeouts, no hit allowed and 2 or 3 walks. So sick.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom