2016 MLB thread. THE CUBS HAVE BROKEN THE CURSE! Chicago Cubs are your 2016 World Series champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Angels have reached a new 20-year deal with Fox Sports worth roughly $3 billion, per Bill Shaikin of the Los Angeles Times. That windfall of $150 million per year is not only the largest in the division, but also $100 million more per season over their previous 10-year, $500 million deal

Pujols and Wilson contract recouped after 2 years
pimp.gif

The Angels have reached a new 20-year deal with Fox Sports worth roughly $3 billion, per Bill Shaikin of the Los Angeles Times. That windfall of $150 million per year is not only the largest in the division, but also $100 million more per season over their previous 10-year, $500 million deal

Pujols and Wilson contract recouped after 2 years
pimp.gif

That's smart business for the Angels and another reason why Pujols landed there. Only a large market team can pull something like that off.

That's smart business for the Angels and another reason why Pujols landed there. Only a large market team can pull something like that off.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

These local broadcasts bout to have 8-minute commercial break stoppages between innings
eek.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

These local broadcasts bout to have 8-minute commercial break stoppages between innings
eek.gif

First Born and other Card fans....   just wondering,  if the Angels go to St Louis for an inter-league game... would Pujols be booed?  Yeah he went for the money but at the same time, he game you guys 11 years of consistent, hall of fame type numbers...    And FB, being that you're a SoCal resident... you don't got to travel far to see him play
ohwell.gif
  and he's still wearing red
laugh.gif

First Born and other Card fans....   just wondering,  if the Angels go to St Louis for an inter-league game... would Pujols be booed?  Yeah he went for the money but at the same time, he game you guys 11 years of consistent, hall of fame type numbers...    And FB, being that you're a SoCal resident... you don't got to travel far to see him play
ohwell.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by dako akong otin

ohwell.gif
laugh.gif

The Cardinals fan base would never boo Albert, sure there are fans who are upset that he's gone, but time will heal that. Every true fan appreciates all he did for the team and the community. When he left the Cards though he became just another player in my book. I've been to the big A a few times in my life and I don't plan on going just to watch him though. He was never my favorite player, but he was definitely the best player on my team.

ohwell.gif
laugh.gif

The Cardinals fan base would never boo Albert, sure there are fans who are upset that he's gone, but time will heal that. Every true fan appreciates all he did for the team and the community. When he left the Cards though he became just another player in my book. I've been to the big A a few times in my life and I don't plan on going just to watch him though. He was never my favorite player, but he was definitely the best player on my team.

This acquisition was more than what it seems.
Angels agree to $3B deal with Fox

Angels pay $300M to bring two stars to a major West Coast market.

Fox Sports pays $3B to Angels for exclusive broadcast rights for next 20 years.

Companies pay $15B to Fox Sports for advertisements over course of next 20 years.

Angels already made their investment back 10 fold without even playing a game.

Real life.

This acquisition was more than what it seems.
Angels agree to $3B deal with Fox

Angels pay $300M to bring two stars to a major West Coast market.

Fox Sports pays $3B to Angels for exclusive broadcast rights for next 20 years.

Companies pay $15B to Fox Sports for advertisements over course of next 20 years.

Angels already made their investment back 10 fold without even playing a game.

Real life.

Originally Posted by FIRST B0RN

ohwell.gif
laugh.gif

You guys are classy fans
pimp.gif

I mean, i'd still boo Mark Texiera if i could
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by FIRST B0RN

ohwell.gif
laugh.gif

You guys are classy fans
pimp.gif

I mean, i'd still boo Mark Texiera if i could
laugh.gif

It's sad how much Cahill's value dropped. This is the best Beane could do?
30t6p3b.gif
I've heard good things about Parker but Cowgill and Cook? Seriously? Looks like a bad trade to me. This rebuilding started after the 2006 season and we're in a worst position now. How the !#@# does that happen? This organization is in such a horrible state right now. 100+ losses for the next couple years probably.
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

It's sad how much Cahill's value dropped. This is the best Beane could do?
30t6p3b.gif
I've heard good things about Parker but Cowgill and Cook? Seriously? Looks like a bad trade to me. This rebuilding started after the 2006 season and we're in a worst position now. How the !#@# does that happen? This organization is in such a horrible state right now. 100+ losses for the next couple years probably.
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

did anyone hear the cj wilson interview yest.

dude wanted to be a yankee so bad

basically said he lives in the lower east side during the offseason, said a few time he was disappointed the yanks showed no interest and he said who doesn't want to be a yankee. dude looked hurt.

btw, after the cards, marlins and angels offering $$$$$$ to players, i don't want to hear $%## about the yankees spending big

did anyone hear the cj wilson interview yest.

dude wanted to be a yankee so bad

basically said he lives in the lower east side during the offseason, said a few time he was disappointed the yanks showed no interest and he said who doesn't want to be a yankee. dude looked hurt.

btw, after the cards, marlins and angels offering $$$$$$ to players, i don't want to hear $%## about the yankees spending big

Originally Posted by call akong otin

ohwell.gif
laugh.gif
naaaa...former players that were a significant part of the team always get a standing O here in stl.  I've yet to hear of or see anyone get booed besides Manny, Brandon Phillips, tony flush, and whichever reds pitcher that was that ended Jason larue‘s career.
if Albert ever comes to stl.......he will be in tears during his first at bat, they always do.  Rolen, Edmonds, ludwick, 

as far as him leaving, I'm just glad its over, and I'll actually root for the angels as long as its not against the cardinals, lol

Originally Posted by call akong otin

ohwell.gif
laugh.gif
naaaa...former players that were a significant part of the team always get a standing O here in stl.  I've yet to hear of or see anyone get booed besides Manny, Brandon Phillips, tony flush, and whichever reds pitcher that was that ended Jason larue‘s career.
if Albert ever comes to stl.......he will be in tears during his first at bat, they always do.  Rolen, Edmonds, ludwick, 

as far as him leaving, I'm just glad its over, and I'll actually root for the angels as long as its not against the cardinals, lol

Originally Posted by abovelegit1

If you look at it objectively, you'd see if it was all about the money, he'd have joined the Marlins.
Word. I've read the Marlins were offering $20-$30 million more + you take into account the no state income tax in Florida thing. Marlins lost out because they didn't include the NTC he desperately wanted and Pujols didn't want to take his chances with their history of blowing !$%+ up and trading everyone after winning.

30t6p3b.gif
@ offering a 5 yr. deal. The Cards will be alright though.

Originally Posted by abovelegit1

If you look at it objectively, you'd see if it was all about the money, he'd have joined the Marlins.
Word. I've read the Marlins were offering $20-$30 million more + you take into account the no state income tax in Florida thing. Marlins lost out because they didn't include the NTC he desperately wanted and Pujols didn't want to take his chances with their history of blowing !$%+ up and trading everyone after winning.

30t6p3b.gif
@ offering a 5 yr. deal. The Cards will be alright though.

I dont think I would sign a guy for 10 years in a non steroid era at all. Heck 5 is almost too much.
Prince will get those years, then imo Unless its Bryce Harper no one else in the history of the game gets more than 7 or 8.
Pitchers are already coming down to 5-6, and elite hitters/ and defenders are prob down to looking at 7-8 front loaded seasons.
The AL will continue to be the exception cause of the DH....
But as far as Albert? The Angels are going to be around 170 million this year. I would consider bumping that up to 190 to get the type contract for Albert that I would want.
8 years at 220. more money per year, but
Year 1 40 Million
Year 2 35
Year 3 30
Year 4 25
year 5 25
year 6 25
year 7 20
year 8 20.
Makes the contract more attractive for other potiental teams to trade for, and you pay less for the accomplishment years, and net more money.
From a marketing prespective.
Years one and 2 might actually make Albert worth if healthy the money for those seasons.
Year 3 he comes down, and the buzz of him being in the park is less but there is added flexability.
Year 4 you figure hes playing 50+ days as a DH. And if he isnt an elite defender still then his value is more accurately reflected in the contract numbers. With the Interleague all year it makes sense to transfer him to that role in home National league games and one out of 5 AL games.
Years 4-6 are the years where you have re tooled a bit, and Albert may not be the hitter and defender he was, but playing 50 games at DH makes him healthier.
year 7-8 you have found your replacement defensively at 1st base. You need his bat in NL road games, you play him at first, but idealy no matter his condition he isnt playing more than 30 games at 1st.

Thats more than fair for Pujols. I would rather get the milestones cheap or with defered money, then pay him evenly through out the deal.
Thats 10 years 8 like I would sign him for, and even 5 if that were the case.

If healthy... Is paying Albert 105 for the first 3 years of the deal bad?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom