2016 MLB thread. THE CUBS HAVE BROKEN THE CURSE! Chicago Cubs are your 2016 World Series champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I resisted buying any Mets merch, in hopes of getting that world series patch.

Hitting up modells as soon as i get out of work.

Im in Sunnyside queens. 12 minutes from citi.

Mattingly will be a good fit in Washington. srs.

I'm going to stop short of blaming everything on Marttingly like every irrational Dodger fan. :lol:. Was it time to go? Yes. However he was not the sole reason for the ills this team has had the past three seasons.

Daniel Murphy just secured himself a job for life.

Last edited:
I respect Donnie for leaving on his own instead of sticking around and forcing to be apart of a situation he really didn't want to be in.

Mattingly was a terrible manager.

Didn't someone on here say their father was going to drink a Pepsi from 86 if they make it or if they win it? I need pics or a video of when this goes down.

No, he won't.

Joe Maddon ain't walking through that door.

:lol:

Seriously, Mattingly has been dragged through the mud by the fan base. Navigated the team through the entire bankruptcy ordeal, three straight NL West titles with no bullpen or big bat in the lineup. Dealt with a lot of overpaid washed up and pampered players and an overhyped player with tons of raw talent but has the mentality of a 13 year old.

Number 3 and 4 pitchers go down before the calendar hits May, bullpen sucks all year, offense dissapears in August/September and still brings you the division title and 90+ wins.

Bats don't want a manager like that. :lol:.

I'm not cocky, but definitely confident that we're going to punch our ticket to the WS again. Murphy's HR streak will end Tuesday at the K

Last edited:
Joe Maddon ain't walking through that door.

:lol:

Seriously, Mattingly has been dragged through the mud by the fan base. Navigated the team through the entire bankruptcy ordeal, three straight NL West titles with no bullpen or big bat in the lineup. Dealt with a lot of overpaid washed up and pampered players and an overhyped player with tons of raw talent but has the mentality of a 13 year old.

Number 3 and 4 pitchers go down before the calendar hits May, bullpen sucks all year, offense dissapears in August/September and still brings you the division title and 90+ wins.

Bats don't want a manager like that. :lol:.
Dave Martinez, Ron Wotus, Bud Black, or Dusty Baker are the only guys I'd like to see. What you say about Mattingly might be true, I don't watch the Dodgers much, but I'm just not a fan of his. Obviously, my opinion doesn't matter, but I hope he's not the next in charge.

Hopefully the Friedman connection doesn't bring Martinez to LA.

Dusty Baker is the Marty Schottenheimer of baseball. He'll get you 85-90 wins a season but you'll never go all the way

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom