2016 MLB thread. THE CUBS HAVE BROKEN THE CURSE! Chicago Cubs are your 2016 World Series champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any of y'all have job interview horror stories? :lol:
I applied for a startup in December. Got an interview in person but on that day it was torrential downpours and it was in Manhattan so I had to walk a few blocks to the train station by my house and a few blocks from the train station to the office. I bought an umbrella with me but it did absolutely nothing for me. By the time I got to the office I was completely drenched. I made the mistake of wearing grey slacks and they were visibly soaked. The HR rep interviewing me gave me a roll of paper towels to dry off with :lol: the interview went decently up to the point when they asked me how good I was at math on a scale of 1-10. I lied and said 7 so they asked me to solve this math question. It was a freaking sales position. So I sat there for 10 minutes in total silence before I figured out the answer. They told me thank you and called the next day rejecting me.

the interview went decently up to the point when they asked me how good I was at math on a scale of 1-10. I lied and said 7 so they asked me to solve this math question. It was a freaking sales position. So I sat there for 10 minutes in total silence before I figured out the answer. They told me thank you and called the next day rejecting me.

Damn that's dirty :lol:

At least they had the decency to call you and tell you no.

Last edited:
Good luck macbk!!!

Still studying in college here and the job search is stressful.

Last edited:

You throw 80mph, it's over, bro. :lol:

I applied for a startup in December. Got an interview in person but on that day it was torrential downpours and it was in Manhattan so I had to walk a few blocks to the train station by my house and a few blocks from the train station to the office. I bought an umbrella with me but it did absolutely nothing for me. By the time I got to the office I was completely drenched. I made the mistake of wearing grey slacks and they were visibly soaked. The HR rep interviewing me gave me a roll of paper towels to dry off with
laugh.gif
the interview went decently up to the point when they asked me how good I was at math on a scale of 1-10. I lied and said 7 so they asked me to solve this math question. It was a freaking sales position. So I sat there for 10 minutes in total silence before I figured out the answer. They told me thank you and called the next day rejecting me.
What type of math problem was it? 
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

I applied for a startup in December. Got an interview in person but on that day it was torrential downpours and it was in Manhattan so I had to walk a few blocks to the train station by my house and a few blocks from the train station to the office. I bought an umbrella with me but it did absolutely nothing for me. By the time I got to the office I was completely drenched. I made the mistake of wearing grey slacks and they were visibly soaked. The HR rep interviewing me gave me a roll of paper towels to dry off with :lol: the interview went decently up to the point when they asked me how good I was at math on a scale of 1-10. I lied and said 7 so they asked me to solve this math question. It was a freaking sales position. So I sat there for 10 minutes in total silence before I figured out the answer. They told me thank you and called the next day rejecting me.
It was not meant to be fam :lol:

What type of math problem was it? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
There were four numbers 7, 1, 2 and 2 I think and I had to make those numbers equal 24 by using multiplication, division, addition and or subtraction and only using each number once. So like 7-1 is 6 and 2 + 2 is 4 so 6 x 4 is 24. It's mad easy in hindsight but I just sat there for 10 mins like lol wut as they asked me if I wanted to give up.

It was not meant to be fam :lol:
100% :lol:

JRS what did you major in fam
english. Got into a teaching fellows program so I'll be teaching it this upcoming school year.

What's the chances the A's lock up sonny gray long term? Like -10%? My favorite player after Yoenis left. I don't want him to leave too :frown:. Feel bad for the dude, though. Making only 500k. If he left, wouldn't even be mad. So is life of an A's fan

Bryce :pimp: :pimp:

"Baseball's tired," he says. "It's a tired sport, because you can't express yourself. You can't do what people in other sports do. I'm not saying baseball is, you know, boring or anything like that, but it's the excitement of the young guys who are coming into the game now who have flair. If that's Matt Harvey or Jacob deGrom or Manny Machado or Joc Pederson or Andrew McCutchen or Yasiel Puig -- there's so many guys in the game now who are so much fun.

"Jose Fernandez is a great example. Jose Fernandez will strike you out and stare you down into the dugout and pump his fist. And if you hit a homer and pimp it? He doesn't care. Because you got him. That's part of the game. It's not the old feeling -- hoorah ... if you pimp a homer, I'm going to hit you right in the teeth. No. If a guy pimps a homer for a game-winning shot ... I mean -- sorry."

"If a guy pumps his fist at me on the mound, I'm going to go, 'Yeah, you got me. Good for you. Hopefully I get you next time.' That's what makes the game fun. You want kids to play the game, right? What are kids playing these days? Football, basketball. Look at those players -- Steph Curry, LeBron James. It's exciting to see those players in those sports. Cam Newton -- I love the way Cam goes about it. He smiles, he laughs. It's that flair. The dramatic."

http://es.pn/1UVhlr3

Last edited:
Can't disagree at all with Bryce. Not saying he is a heel by any means, but it's as if we'll start to see the difference between Trout and him, in terms of personality and acting out as his comments state.

Hope the Yankees lend him an exception to the facial hair rule in a few years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom