2016 MLB thread. THE CUBS HAVE BROKEN THE CURSE! Chicago Cubs are your 2016 World Series champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's cool but kinda weird to not let your kid grow up around other kids. I could see doing this during the summer but all season is odd.

But the white sox should've made this an issue before signing him last year. If he has been doing this don't be a **** during the last year of his contract. That ******* wanted Laroche to retire or ask for a buyout. Seems fishy

Anyway go Nats!

I mean... I can understand not wanting a 14 year old kid around the club house every day... It's not spring training or once a week type deal...

Home schooled kids always end up weird AF...
for real
laugh.gif

can't have a kid grow up with no social interaction with other kids
mean.gif
the kid's on the right track to have a clubhouse job though. 

scumbag move by williams though

Fair enough Celtic :lol:

Home schooled kids always end up weird AF...

Also true

As much as I go at Barry, I'm watching the four days in October and that Alex ball 'slap'. :smh:

Barry may have his negative attributes but he'd never pull the pansy a-- stuff that Rodriguez did through out his career

You can't compare the flaws of Alex and Barry. They're mad different, come from very different backgrounds. Two GOATs though. Alex is a changed man. My guy just wanted to be loved and win. He's achieved both now.

I agree, no kid needs to be in the dugout unless it's like once every two weeks or something. If it's daily, that's a problem.

Last edited:
You can't compare the flaws of Alex and Barry. They're mad different, come from very different backgrounds. Two GOATs though. Alex is a changed man. My guy just wanted to be loved and win. He's achieved both now.

I agree, no kid needs to be in the dugout unless it's like once every two weeks or something. If it's daily, that's a problem.

Alex is a changed man...

:rofl:

He is, and always will be, a scumbag...

Not being a jerk but what in Alex's background causes him to 'ha' and slap the ball out of a glove?

Let me get this straight..Laroche retired and left $13 million on the table because they wouldn't allow his son in the clubhouse this year?

:lol: man bye

Not being a jerk but what in Alex's background causes him to 'ha' and slap the ball out of a glove?

He didn't have a father to teach him that it wasn't allowed?

Nah, seriously that was awful. No excuse for that. When it happened I did one of those embarrassed laughs. Like ****, did this really just happen?

Let me get this straight..Laroche retired and left $13 million on the table because they wouldn't allow his son in the clubhouse this year?

For real :lol:
Gotta respect that from a family perspective, but to walk away from 13 mil, damn
Every team has their own rules. You can't get mad at the sox for their decision, it's not bring your son to work every day

For real :lol:
Gotta respect that from a family perspective, but to walk away from 13 mil, damn
Every team has their own rules. You can't get mad at the sox for their decision, it's not bring your son to work every day

Bryce Harper (@Bharper3407)
Good for you Roche! Nothing like father and son in the clubhouse..It's a FAMILY game #FamilyFirst

Chipper Jones (@RealCJ10)
Big ups to my boy @e3laroche for standing up for his beliefs. We play a GAME! Good for u brother. #FamilyFirst

Chicago Tribune (@chicagotribune)
Leave his son out of it; Adam LaRoche was looking for a reason to retire, writes @DavidHaugh trib.in/21wEaAY

Last edited:
That **** gotta be annoying. Like damn every single day dude. It's not like he's just watching every game he's literally moving around with the team. Gotta draw the line somewhere.

If he decided to come back, would he still be under contract with the white sox for 1 year?
Not too sure, but I would think he is voiding his contract by retiring, no?
just heard that he might have had a clause in the contract stating his son could be in the clubhouse everyday.

if so, the players union will get involved, he'll recoup some money or be allowed to sign elsewhere

Last edited:

If he decided to come back, would he still be under contract with the white sox for 1 year?

Not too sure, but I would think he is voiding his contract by retiring, no?
just heard that he might have had a clause in the contract stating his son could be in the clubhouse everyday.
if so, the players union will get involved, he'll recoup some money or be allowed to sign elsewhere

Shouldn't his son be in school?

I honestly am leaning towards siding with the White Sox. Can't knock a man for wanting his son around, but when it comes to work and prep for the season ahead, there has to be a line drawn.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom