2016 MLB thread. THE CUBS HAVE BROKEN THE CURSE! Chicago Cubs are your 2016 World Series champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bring Jose Reyes to home

So I can wear Jose Reyes at Citi once again

Mets score 7 runs so far
hOHPmKb.gif

What a ballgame. Nats needed that one. As far as regular season goes, it doesn't get much better than that. October preview?

Kolko and Werth need their own TV show.

Still trying to figure out why Dusty used Belisle in the 9th. Last pitched April 26.

Who cares ...

#InDustyWeTrusty

What a ballgame. Nats needed that one. As far as regular season goes, it doesn't get much better than that. October preview?

Kolko and Werth need their own TV show.

Still trying to figure out why Dusty used Belisle in the 9th. Last pitched April 26.

Who cares ...

#InDustyWeTrusty
I'm trying to figure out why Belisle is even on the roster...we will definitely be shopping for bullpen help at the deadline.

Just heard Pedro say that he bets Evan Longoria heads to the Mets at the deadline...I wouldn't approve of that.

Springer today was amazing. Outfield assist to save a run with a couple of other great defensive plays and the game winning 2 run bomb 
pimp.gif

If the best rotation was all that mattered than the Braves would have won more than 1 with Maddux, Glavine & Smoltz.

I'm still confident with my Mets. Just go to not let Nats get too far ahead. Wheeler will be back soon giving us another potentially awesome arm, if D'arnaud comes back and hits that can be another potent bat as well with Duda.

Count me all in for Longoira though...

I'll take Reyes as a utility bat, runner as well.

What's a realistic contract Reyes is getting, from any team?
League minimum. He's still getting paid by the Rockies.

Braves lost twice to the Yankees who were you know an all time great team. Nothing wrong with that.

Last edited:
I think I'd pass on Longoria. It's gonna cost a ton financially and prospect wise to get him. He's 30, hasn't had an elite OBP.

Mets really should gamble on this Cuban Gouriel. Sign him, see if he can be the answer and move on.

Well, if David retires end of the year, Longoria's money won't be a big deal. I don't care about OBP, he gives us a great bat in the middle of the order.

Instantly changed the dynamic of what type of pitches Cespedes and other will be seeing. Makes it a lot harder to pitch around certain guys.

Don't care about prospects, win now or never.

To be honest, I prefer to see Flores playing everyday at 3B. He hits better when he plays everyday. The bench role doesn't suit him. However, Longoria is a beast when he's on a point. I'd welcome him to Flushing

Longo is showing great power this year but he's also hitting 10% more fly balls than usual and has his hard hit rate up 10% as well. If that's something he can sustain for his career moving forward, great, but I am concerned with it being an anomaly more than a shift in approach. Just don't see the point in letting the Rays pilfer the entire farm system for a guy whose contract runs until 2022 when we have pitchers to sign.

Last edited:
SportsCenter (@SportsCenter)
39 mins ago - View on Twitter
Mets 3B David Wright will undergo surgery on a herniated disk in his neck. There is no timetable for his return.

Noah Syndergaard (@Noahsyndergaard)
23 mins ago - View on Twitter
Rough day hearing D Wright is out for the year. His presence and leadership is irreplaceable. #LGM

Feel really bad for D. Wright. He's gotta hang it up.

Very possible :lol:

That 86 team was such a disaster off the field. So good on though

Kevin Mitchell and the cat story >

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom