2016 MLB thread. THE CUBS HAVE BROKEN THE CURSE! Chicago Cubs are your 2016 World Series champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Took the 1 one hour BART ride from SF after a west coast NIGHT game and a game in NYC is still going on
That sounds so improbable :lol:
3 hour rain delay :lol:
Yankees were protesting to have the game cancelled but the umpires werent having it
And just like that, the Yankees lost the game due to a 9th inning comeback :lol:
Oh how must it suck to be a Yankees fan this year

And they're still only 3 games back in the wild card 
laugh.gif

Gonna be a tough choice on whether to trade Miller and Chapman now

And they're still only 3 games back in the wild card :lol:
Gonna be a tough choice on whether to trade Miller and Chapman now

Really would be a dumb move. Whether they are in or out of it.

Betances has 3 years left of arbitration after this one. You might as well get everything you can out of not having to pay him Top Closer money, which is what would be needed if he were a FA.

Just based on that, you gotta invest 3 more years in Dellin, Miller & Chapman.

Furthermore, even if you trade Chapman (who is who they would trade)... You would still have to invest significant money to fill in a bullpen after Dellin & Miller anyway.
- $4-5 mil on a lefty reliever
-$3-5mil on a 7th inning guy
(If you want to get halfway decent guy)

I'll take $34 mil on Dellin, Miller, Chapman... A LOOGY, and 2 fillers..

Versus $24mil on Dellin, Miller... LOOGY... 7th Inning Guy (Basically spending more on the lesser pieces)

Spend the extra $10mil, and have one of the best bullpens in the league

What they should be unloading, if they become sellers
- Beltran
- Gardner
- Teixera... Pay 80% of the last half year of his deal, would mean about $4-5mil for the team getting him.
- Headley

Get everything you can get for those 4 guys.

Last edited:
tbh the only guy who doesn't deserve to be on there is Russell
Agreed. Bryant and Zobrist should make the team, but Arenado and Murphy should start in their places. Harper shouldn't make the team IMO.

Nats All-Stars should be Murphy, Ramos, and Strasburg.

I wholeheartedly disagree with this.  This is about the STARTERS.  And the only Cubs player that should even be in the conversation about starting is Kris Bryant (and really he shouldnt be a lock to start either).  All the others have absolutely no business being a starter.

(Since I am sure someone will bring up Zobrist, he is NOT having a better year than Murphy).

Last edited:
I wholeheartedly disagree with this.  This is about the STARTERS.  And the only Cubs player that should even be in the conversation about starting is Kris Bryant (and really he shouldnt be a lock to start either).  All the others have absolutely no business being a starter.

(Since I am sure someone will bring up Zobrist, he is NOT having a better year than Murphy).
So u think Rizzo doesn't deserve to start?
Man you sound really bitter about the Cubs :lol:

Last edited:

So u think Rizzo doesn't deserve to start?
Man you sound really bitter about the Cubs
laugh.gif
Why would I be bitter about the Cubs?  I have no hatred towards them at all.  I simply believe Goldschmidt deserves it more than Rizzo does.

What Arenado does with his glove is phenomenal. That's always overlooked by most voters. That's the difference in my book. He got my nod.

Harvey gets pulled cause of the rain delay and then Terry Collins pulls the reliever brought in to replace him after one batter in the 4th inning...

It worked and he got the L/L matchup, but a surprising move with his bullpen being overworked yesterday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom