2016 MLB thread. THE CUBS HAVE BROKEN THE CURSE! Chicago Cubs are your 2016 World Series champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
:D You VA guys love to rep (it's warranted though)...Love my Steelers coach Tomlin. VA IN THE HOUSE!!! LMAO...

:D You VA guys love to rep (it's warranted though)...Love my Steelers coach Tomlin. VA IN THE HOUSE!!! LMAO...

Ha.....VA has some talent, it just goes unnoticed!

Vick, Iverson, Timbaland, Neptunes, Clipse, Missy, Foo Fighters, Dave Matthews,Trey Songz, Chris Brown.......and Verlander. Who knew!?

VA doesn't have much or even any professional teams (technically) they just adopted the Orioles/Skins/Bullets/Caps from the beginning of time.

The thing I love about playoff baseball is the pitching...There's nothing like seeing a pitcher on the top of his game playing in a pressure cooking inning when it's all on the line. Can't wait until the playoffs start...

That's what's crazy about baseball.....you play 162 games and it all comes down to one or two games in the postseason. A pitcher can be unstoppable all season and have one bad outing in the postseason and it's a wrap.

The O's find a way to get it done and I think Oakland might drop out of the wildcard. They have a tough tough schedule. They play the Yankees this weekend (please give them a few Ls) and 7 against Texas.......7 games.

That's what's crazy about baseball.....you play 162 games and it all comes down to one or two games in the postseason. A pitcher can be unstoppable all season and have one bad outing in the postseason and it's a wrap.

The O's find a way to get it done and I think Oakland might drop out of the wildcard. They have a tough tough schedule. They play the Yankees this weekend (please give them a few Ls) and 7 against Texas.......7 games.

dont count out the A's. it will be a great finish to the season :smokin

dont count out the A's. it will be a great finish to the season :smokin

I hope you guys sweep the Yankees. I just know that the Yankess, Rangers, Mariners, Rangers is no easy way to finish out the finally 13 games of the year.

Angels are looming close by......Yankees and O's look to be a lock for playoff spots, just a matter of who gets the wild card and who wins the division.

I hope you guys sweep the Yankees. I just know that the Yankess, Rangers, Mariners, Rangers is no easy way to finish out the finally 13 games of the year.

Angels are looming close by......Yankees and O's look to be a lock for playoff spots, just a matter of who gets the wild card and who wins the division.

The positive for us is that the A's are a strong road team. I'm definitely not expecting another sweep of the Yankees after what happened in July, but I won't put it past this team to take two from New York and head to Texas at least within three of the Rangers. And if the A's can win that series (I acknowledge how difficult this will be, but it's not impossible), we can find ourselves within two games of them and face the Mariners at home before seeing Texas one last time.

If we see the A's come back to Oakland still on top of the Wild Card, they are in.

It's been a hell of a ride so far...got a ways to go, but this O's team reminds me of the 2010 Giants

ummmmmmmm how?

He's probably referring to the experience.

People don't realize that team led the majors in team ERA; they were 2nd in the majors in bullpen ERA; 3rd in the majors in starter ERA and lead the majors in strikeouts. Tied for 1st in fielding percentage.

Could they hit? They weren't the best team htting team, but they could hit the homerun ball and played great at home; got timely hitting when they needed it and rode it all the way to the title.

Rangers had to chance against that pitching staff.

Last edited:
I hate Detroit
Why? I never knew the A's had a rivalry with any Tigers team... ever.

No, there's definitely not a rivalry between us and them. It's because of 2006, when we finally broke through the first round of the playoffs against the Twins just to get swept by Detroit in the ALCS. And hate is a strong word, I think with the tension cranked up because of how close the A's are to making the postseason after so long I've developed some anxiety when it comes to Detroit.

It's similar to how I hate the Red Sox for beating us in '03. I think it was Derek Lowe who faced our dug out after winning game 5 and pointed to his crotch and someone had to restrain Tejada in the dugout from leaping onto the field. Some **** you never forget.

Last edited:
Mets getting pounded by the Phillies 8 run 1st inning.

Kris Medlen would be the Braves starter in the 1 game playoff. Feel confident in him.

BTW, meant to comment on Ichiro earlier...Homey is getting old but he stole bases like a youngster in both games of the double header. He went from first to third a couple of times like he was taking a stroll in central park. LOL....

If it weren't for the O's, I'd like to see the Yanks go further so Ichiro could try to get a chip...

Braves rookie hazing Chipper Jones (in Glasses) is part of it looks like he's having a great time hope they win it all this year.

ummmmmmmm how?

He's probably referring to the experience.
People don't realize that team led the majors in team ERA; they were 2nd in the majors in bullpen ERA; 3rd in the majors in starter ERA and lead the majors in strikeouts. Tied for 1st in fielding percentage.
Could they hit? They weren't the best team htting team, but they could hit the homerun ball and played great at home; got timely hitting when they needed it and rode it all the way to the title.
Rangers had to chance against that pitching staff.

Repped for helping Mike. He needs it.

i know exactly what that giants pitching staff did that year thats why i ask how can you compare the 2. the giants had the best pitching in baseballl that year and just took over come playoff time

how do you look at that years giants pitching or team and see the O's of this year?

if you wanted to compare a team wouldnt it be the nats?

Last edited:
i know exactly what that giants pitching staff did that year thats why i ask how can you compare the 2. the giants had the best pitching in baseballl that year and just took over come playoff time

how do you look at that years giants pitching or team and see the O's of this year?

if you wanted to compare a team wouldnt it be the nats?

A bunch of castoffs - pretty much no-names (along with a dominant bullpen) who put it all together to do something special. There are similarities. Also, going into the 2010 season, how many people expected the Giants to make any noise?

Last edited:
Am I late on this?

:rofl:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom