2016 MLB thread. THE CUBS HAVE BROKEN THE CURSE! Chicago Cubs are your 2016 World Series champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Clippard walked the first guy that came in. Let's say he blows the game, then we're sitting here saying "why did they pull Strasburg when he only threw 80 pitches?"

let the guy finish the shutout. If you were watching the game, no one really had a chance. He was just throwing fastballs and no one made solid contact

I mean, I have a problem with all of it.

Even if you want to say that they are just playing it safe, think about it this way. It's a 2-0 game. They aren't up nine runs. And also, it's Opening Day at your home park. You're the World Series favorite; those tickets aren't cheap. Think the fans want to see their ace precautionarily pulled?

It's been two and a half years since his surgery. Come on.
All of this.

Call it nitpicking but I thought they would've let him get his chance at a shutout just to make a statement, so to speak. Oh well.

I agree with the side that believes Strasburg should have been left in the game. It worked, but it wasnt the correct move.

I put that in the same category as things that are widely considered "bad baseball" and that actually working out.

Mariners.

That started last year, but trust me... It's almost embarrassing to switch like this, but I gotta follow the heart. I can't wipe away all that history I have with rooting for the Twins back in the day though, so they're still a "favorite."

Last edited:
Where I grew up, man. My Dad would buy MLB Extra Innings every year, so I got my fair share of Twins, but they were on early here so I'd always watch the M's at night. Then since baseball is predominantly in the summer, when I'm out camping, fishing, at barbecues...The Mariners were always on the radio. I think that's where it came from. Listening to Rizzs and Niehaus.

Plus...Me and my Dad just loved baseball so we'd go to random Mariners games that didn't involve the Twins and when you get to see guys like Griffey, Buhner, Edgar, A-Rod, Randy Johnson...It all just adds to the experience and my personal past time of baseball.

Last edited:
Yep...That played a part too. I go to Mariners games for the hell of it now just because I love the atmosphere at Safeco.

Kershaw has been filthy
sick.gif
And then he went and did that.
laugh.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom