2016 MLB thread. THE CUBS HAVE BROKEN THE CURSE! Chicago Cubs are your 2016 World Series champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by WearinTheFourFive

Originally Posted by dland24

swag me the %%@! out. we a raw %+* team if our offense shows up in the slightest. I be drunk as vuck. whats goood. if you think we aint about to be there in the end you crazy. AL west champs whats good.
roll.gif
[frank lucas] I stand behind it, I guarantee it. [/frank lucas]

i dont care where yall cats finish but Cahill better have a oustanding year since hes on my Fantasy Baseball squad 
god knows i need all the help i can get

Originally Posted by dland24

swag me the %%@! out. we a raw %+* team if our offense shows up in the slightest. I be drunk as vuck. whats goood. if you think we aint about to be there in the end you crazy. AL west champs whats good.
roll.gif
[frank lucas] I stand behind it, I guarantee it. [/frank lucas]

i dont care where yall cats finish but Cahill better have a oustanding year since hes on my Fantasy Baseball squad 
god knows i need all the help i can get

Why are the Red Sox horrible?

They won 89 games last year. This year they added Carl Crawford, Adrian Gonzalez, Jacoby Ellsbury, Dustin Pedroia and Kevin Youkilis. What gives?
laugh.gif

Why are the Red Sox horrible?

They won 89 games last year. This year they added Carl Crawford, Adrian Gonzalez, Jacoby Ellsbury, Dustin Pedroia and Kevin Youkilis. What gives?
laugh.gif

They have a heavy left handed lineup which makes it easier to pitch to them. Youk still hasn't recovered from that wrist injury. Beckett bounced back but Clay is looking like AJ did last year. Take your pick.

They have a heavy left handed lineup which makes it easier to pitch to them. Youk still hasn't recovered from that wrist injury. Beckett bounced back but Clay is looking like AJ did last year. Take your pick.

Has anybody read The Extra 2%? I read the first 40 pages or so today. It was mehh. If anybody has read it, should I continue reading it?

Has anybody read The Extra 2%? I read the first 40 pages or so today. It was mehh. If anybody has read it, should I continue reading it?

Sunday night ended early for Raul Ibanez, who has now gone 14 days and 34 at-bats without a hit. He was double-switched out of the game in the ninth inning after at-bat No. 34 yielded a weak grounder to second with the bases loaded and two outs in a tie game.

Ibanez is down to .154 for the season and it is beginning to get ugly. Consider this: Ibanez's hitless streak is the sixth-longest for a non-pitcher in modern Phillies history, according to Baseball Reference. Granted, lots of game-by-game and play-by-play data from pre-World War years is unavailable, but this is what we have:

1. Danny Murtaugh -- 36 AB (1942-43)

2. Len Matuszek -- 36 AB (1982-83)

3. Desi Relaford -- 36 AB (1998)

4. Denny Doyle -- 35 AB (1970-71)

5. Joe Morgan -- 35 AB (1983)

The all-time record in all of baseball? That would be 46 at-bats by Brooklyn's Bill Bergen in 1909.
Raul Ibanez is chasing history
sick.gif

can he go hitless 12 more times?

Sunday night ended early for Raul Ibanez, who has now gone 14 days and 34 at-bats without a hit. He was double-switched out of the game in the ninth inning after at-bat No. 34 yielded a weak grounder to second with the bases loaded and two outs in a tie game.

Ibanez is down to .154 for the season and it is beginning to get ugly. Consider this: Ibanez's hitless streak is the sixth-longest for a non-pitcher in modern Phillies history, according to Baseball Reference. Granted, lots of game-by-game and play-by-play data from pre-World War years is unavailable, but this is what we have:

1. Danny Murtaugh -- 36 AB (1942-43)

2. Len Matuszek -- 36 AB (1982-83)

3. Desi Relaford -- 36 AB (1998)

4. Denny Doyle -- 35 AB (1970-71)

5. Joe Morgan -- 35 AB (1983)

The all-time record in all of baseball? That would be 46 at-bats by Brooklyn's Bill Bergen in 1909.
Raul Ibanez is chasing history
sick.gif

can he go hitless 12 more times?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom