2016 MLB thread. THE CUBS HAVE BROKEN THE CURSE! Chicago Cubs are your 2016 World Series champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
The side effects of steroids...

[QUOTE url="/t/287472/mlb-season-thread-play-ball/14400#post_18398778"]
Thats cute Iron Man.  Continue to believe that Ken Griffey Jr and his one MVP award are in the same conversation as Bonds and his seven.

Alright fine.  Lets just ignore the four MVPs that he won after he allegedly started using steroids.  I'm not a mathematician, but I swear that 3 > 1.  Thats not even counting the additional MVP that Terry Pendleton robbed from him.
[/quote]

still doesn't take away the fact he is a cheater

Stephen Strasburg 8 innings/2 hits/1 ER/12 Ks

Drew Storen .2 innings/3 hits/3 ER

This team makes me not enjoy baseball.

Puig scores from first on a base hit that bounced off the turf and over Colby Rasmus's head. Tough blown save for Janssen.

I said it last year...You should never EVER take the next season for granted. Who knows?...They may never have a better shot at the WS than they did last year.
Yeah because Strasburg pitching would've helped Drew Storen not pull the biggest choke job in DC sports history :rolleyes I'm not saying Strasburg wouldn't have helped, but if you actually watched his last couple of starts it's obvious that he was gassed at the end of the year. Of course, him gassed is probably better than that performance Edwin Jackson gave us in Game 3 :smh:

You cannot go by what happened because if Strasburg is available then the entire course of their postseason may have been different. Whether that be for the better or not. Point is simple...They sat him to preserve him for the future, but you're not guaranteed another shot. Last year was as good a shot as any, so you play your best players. You don't have to agree with me that things would've been different, because that's not the point and we will never know .It's the philosophy of the decision that I disagree with.

Tim Hudson to have surgery on that broken ankle. Wish him a speedy recovery.

We've been hit with the injury bug for the last couple of weeks, especially on our starting rotation :smh:

Last edited:
You cannot go by what happened because if Strasburg is available then the entire course of their postseason may have been different. Whether that be for the better or not. Point is simple...They sat him to preserve him for the future, but you're not guaranteed another shot. Last year was as good a shot as any, so you play your best players. You don't have to agree with me that things would've been different, because that's not the point and we will never know .It's the philosophy of the decision that I disagree with.

Definitely agree. Nats fans still have to be bothered by this

A little help Giants, jeez :lol: :smh:

Last edited:
LOL @ all of y'all complaining about your teams. I'm a diehard Astros fan. Just think about how miserable I am at the moment.

Agree to disagree. You protect your players that you expect to be cornerstones of your franchise. Strasburg is having a better year this year than he was last year, the difference is the team can't hit.

LOL @ all of y'all complaining about your teams. I'm a diehard Astros fan. Just think about how miserable I am at the moment.
But you're team didn't have expectations, that's the difference. When the Nats were cellar dwellers from 07-10 I was never too miserable because I didn't really expect anything except for players to develop. Watching this years team is much more frustrating than those teams to me.

What's harder? The Astros losing 100 games back to back seasons, or pirates not having a winning record or postseason berth since '92?

But you're team didn't have expectations, that's the difference. When the Nats were cellar dwellers from 07-10 I was never too miserable because I didn't really expect anything except for players to develop. Watching this years team is much more frustrating than those teams to me.

Very valid points.

Only reason Pirates fans have survived are:

Steelers are good
Penguins are good
Ballpark is ridiculous
Cheapest beer in any stadium

Seriously :lol:

Steelers are good
Penguins are good
Ballpark is ridiculous

Seriously :lol:

I couldn't believe all the Pirates fans that were here this past weekend. I think I saw more last weekend than I have total in my 24 years. :lol:

Steelers are good
Penguins are good
Ballpark is ridiculous

Seriously
laugh.gif
That or some of us actually like baseball and are still lucky to have a team after that many losing seasons.

<<<<<die hard fan always and forever
glasses.gif

valid points tho lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom