2016 MLB thread. THE CUBS HAVE BROKEN THE CURSE! Chicago Cubs are your 2016 World Series champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
You mean the batting champion of two years ago when he hit 337. He hit 287 last year and is now out for 3 months. And through 3 starts, how has dickey looked?

The blue jays are hitting 227, good for 24th in the league. Staff ERA of 5.11 which is the 2nd worst in the league.

It was an observetion through 2 weeks, no need to get your jimmies rustled over it.

revere.gif

I didn't see it live, so just going from the gif here... was that a Jim Edmonds highlight catch? ya know, a diving grab due to a bad route?

mark reynolds had a 10 pitch at bat against peavy where he started 0-2, then got down on a knee in his swing and singled between short and 3rd

I've never really been a Dusty hater but god damn has he mismanaged this pitching staff this year. :smh:

No reason whatsoever Bronson should have been pitching to Utley there. None whatsoever.

because he's working on a shutout, and at the point was still under 90 pitches? and he'd only given up 4 hits to that point in the game

eh, he was cruising... pitched well.

Pitched a hell of a game, but shouldn't of been in there, or pitching to Utley. What would it have hurt to do a double switch with Champman and put Robinson in right?

Wholeheartedly disagree with this. You dont pull your starter in that situation. Ever. You have confidence that your starting pitcher, who up to that point has shoved the bats up the other team's collective a**, will continue to.

Wholeheartedly disagree with this. You dont pull your starter in that situation. Ever. You have confidence that your starting pitcher, who up to that point has shoved the bats up the other team's collective a**, will continue to.

Bronson vs. Utley just isn't a good matchup. When Bronson starts getting up to 90 pitches he usually loses it, and loses it fast. I wouldn't have kept him in there with Chapman sitting in the pen only having pitched a third of an inning the past week.

Anyways, good win. :smokin

i'm sure dusty wanted bronson to finish his shutout. an extra day for the pen is valuable. and like dland24 said, he was pitching well. gotta have confidence in your starter

Ya that Arizona owner is an *******, I would've told him if it doesn't say that on the ticket then I don't have to do it and would've had a lawsuit ready to go by the end of the game. No way I pay 3k for some seats and you have the balls to tell me I can't represent my team.
No way i pay that much for tickets anyway............Real fans sit in the bleachers, 3b, 1b line.

Just one time I want to sit behind home plate, I was debating on doing that this year for my dads bday at dodger stadium or behind the dugout, closest we've been was when I was 18, pulled a whole bunch of double shifts at in n out and got my dad and I some tickets behind the barrier behind home plate, still wasn't close enough

I sat 12 rows up behind home plate once, sat on the the first row on both base lines plenty of times. The perks of no one going to Astros games

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom