2016 MLB thread. THE CUBS HAVE BROKEN THE CURSE! Chicago Cubs are your 2016 World Series champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
nfl would've been so embarrased if gm7 fell on a thursday
baseball :smokin

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...ings-chicago-cubs-cleveland-indians/93231896/

World Series TV ratings: Epic Game 7 was off the charts
A.J. Perez , USA TODAY Sports 11:44 a.m. EDT November 3, 2016

The Cubs pull off a thrilling win in 10 innings over the Indians to end their 108-year World Series title drought. USA TODAY Sports' Steve Gardner recaps how it all went down, and what Chicago and Cleveland can look forward to. USA TODAY Sports
2016-11-03-edwards-cubs

(Photo: David Richard, USA TODAY Sports)
561 CONNECTTWEET 1 LINKEDIN 7 COMMENTEMAILMORE

Wednesday night’s dramatic Game 7 of the World Series, as expected, led to some impressive ratings for Fox.

The broadcast of Chicago Cubs’ 8-7 victory over the Cleveland Indians in 10 innings earned an overnight rating of 25.2, Fox announced on Thursday. It was the most-watched baseball game for Fox since Game 7 of the 2001 World Series, a decisive game that featured the New York Yankees and the Arizona Diamondbacks that yielded a 27.0.

Outside of the presidential debates, the game was also the most-watched telecast since February's Super Bowl 50, according to Fox. The rating was also a 66% improvement over the last Game 7 in a World Series, a contest that pitted the San Francisco Giants against the Kansas City Royals in 2014.

Fox projected the telecast to be the largest it's had in prime time since January 2007

The game drew a record 51.2 rating in the Chicago market and a 71 share, meaning 71% of televisions in use in Chicago were tuned to the game. Cleveland had a 48.6 rating and a 69 share.

That national share was 40.

Overall, the series had a 14.9 rating and 25 share in markets metered by Nielsen, the highest-rated World Series since 2004 (Boston Red Sox vs. St. Louis Cardinals). It garnered 48% higher ratings than last year's New York Mets-Kansas City Royals World Series.

Last edited:
Last night I literally logged on for the first time in over a year to say congrats to C CP1708 and this mother ****** didn't even acknowledge me... god damn Cubs fan finally get a WS title and I get big-timed. :smh:

Last night I literally logged on for the first time in over a year to say congrats to C CP1708 and this mother ****** didn't even acknowledge me... god damn Cubs fan finally get a WS title and I get big-timed. :smh:
He finally rolled over and died last night.

His old *** was hanging on just long enough to witness another Cubbies championship.

My man! :pimp: Hope all is good w/ you bro...it's been a minute

Happy for Cubs fans.

Hope Mrs. CP gave him the best night of his life. (this should be the equivalent of Birthday relations)

Happy to see Royals gone from thread title.

Jewbacca that's dope man, go change the world.

:lol: I saw your name and clicked right on your post to try and rep you, but I am out and it won't freaking re-load for me. I just tried to rep this one and still out. :lol:

You need to be here more man, you and Pro both, and KLJ too. Y'all left us. :frown:

Cubs win and people I haven't seen in years start popping up.

:lol:

It's good to see them. You, WildK, Dirk, like old times in here. :pimp:

I need that ******* Zo to pull thru so I can slap the **** outta him thru the monitor. Go **** yourself Zo, eat a **** :D

Oh hey, Mike Matheny extension til 2020, today is even better than yesterday. :rofl: :pimp:

Last edited:

:lol: I saw your name and clicked right on your post to try and rep you, but I am out and it won't freaking re-load for me. I just tried to rep this one and still out. :lol:

You need to be here more man, you and Pro both, and KLJ too. Y'all left us. :frown:

I'm old and don't have the time to **** off as much... not as old as you, but still.

Pretty sure i've seen P proshares at the top of leaderboards playing Fanduel/Draftkings :nerd:

jjs07 jjs07 N41D N41D

The White Sox want Gary Sanchez, Aaron Judge, Clint Frazier, Justus Sheffield, & Jorge Mateo for Chris Sale :rofl:

Not even a Cubs fan, but that clip of Bryant smiling as he fielded the roller has not gotten old...

Also, does Rizzo get to keep the ball?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom