2016 NEW YORK AUTO SHOW

Land Rover is the brand, Range Rover is the model. Then theres a Range Rover Evoque, Sport. Theres the LR Discovery, LR3 or whatever, or I think thats how it goes anyways.

Land Rover is the brand, Range Rover is the model. Then theres a Range Rover Evoque, Sport. Theres the LR Discovery, LR3 or whatever, or I think thats how it goes anyways.

I see. Always wondered why they didn't just stick land rover on everything :lol:

Was really hoping Mazda brought out a new mazdaspeed 3 or 6, oh well. The miata is looking real nice. 

I have a 2003 Mazda6 that i love, but the new ones just dont do it for me. Need more power.

Jeep Tailhawk Grand Cherokee

Jeep sent the Grand Cherokee to the off-road gym to get tough with the result being the new Trailhawk version.

That’s right; if you ever wanted your Grand Cherokee to be better at off-roading without resulting in after-market solutions, Jeep has you now covered after a fancy NY debut where the new Trailhawk climbed down some stairs.

Jeep has tweaked the Quadra-Lift air suspension specifically for the needs of their new off-road model to offer improved articulation and a longer suspension travel. The new Grand Cherokee Trailhawk still uses the company’s Quadra-Drive II 4x4 system with rear ELSD as well as Selec-Speed Control with Hill Ascent Control.

New skid plates and a Traihawk-exclusive anti-glare hood decal are standard features while a removable lower front fascia allows the new model to increase its approach angle from 29.8 degrees to 36.1 degrees. The breakover angle is 27.1 degrees and departure angle is 22.8 degrees. Changes to the suspension now means that Jeep’s new Trailhawk offers up to 10.8 inches of ground clearance.

View media item 1965384View media item 1965385

Shiro Nakamura, Nissan's chief creative officer, told Auto Express there are no plans for an inexpensive, rear-wheel drive performance vehicle anytime soon. The niche product is just too expensive to develop.

"You need a proper platform because it has to be light and small and also affordable," he told Auto Express. "In reality that is not easy to find. It also has to be rear-wheel drive – if we make it front-wheel drive it would be cheating. It is expensive and we are struggling."

If there's any good news for those wanting an exciting Nissan, Nakamura tells Auto Express that the Z car and GT-R remain safe in the lineup. The next-gen GT-R reportedly arrives in 2020 or later, and it might use hybrid power. There isn't a firm date for the future Z, but Nakamura wants to take cues from the original 240Z for the new model.

Subaru-BRZ-STI-Performance-concept-front-three-quarter-02.jpg

Subaru president said eventually

My guess is 2-3 more years

Where did you see this? This was never said :lol:

That Genesis concept looks awesome from the front, TERRIBLE from the sides :x.

What were they thinking?

I want this SUV in my driveway. It's just as capable off road as the entry level wrangler unlimited with the comforts of the Grand Cherokee.

The vert Evoque is as pointness to me as the convertible Nissan crossover that came out a few years ago.
And Ive never understood why the Land Rover models are all riding on large rims with low profile tires if they are such offroad capable SUVs.

Acura should just let Honda absorb the brand. They have failed year after year from a design aspect.

MOPAR needs to offer the Hellcat in the Deep Water Blue.

Last edited:
^ ^ ^

I am surprised that the basic GC design has aged real well, they just do a little tweak and they look good.

With that said, I do think the regular Cherokee is one of the ugliest things on the road right now, should have just made it like a baby GC.

Subaru-BRZ-STI-Performance-concept-front-three-quarter-02.jpg

Subaru president said eventually

My guess is 2-3 more years

Where did you see this? This was never said :lol:
Dunno how reliable the sauce is but take how you want
http://www.motoring.com.au/more-stis-on-the-drawing-board-54765/

I truly believe it is inevitable

Also take into consideration that developing concepts takes millions of dollars, and with the auto industry struggling these days they would not waste money doing this kind of thing just cause or for fun.

There's probably an end game which is probably eventually releasing a BRZ STI

Also consider Toyota/Subaru invest a lot of money in motorsport

When the BRZ/86 near the end of their lifecycle I fully expect high performance TRD/STI models to be released to push the remaining parts they have put the door

They are likely being hush about it because announcement of anything of that nature would all but kill sales of any future sales of current brz/86 like what happens near a new iPhone release

I been closely following this car since it was still a concept

Just don't expect such a model to be "cheap". I can see it going for $50k+

Last edited:
Maserati SUV looks like too much like an infiniti. I think it will sell well tho.

The Acura front end looks better no beak.

Regular cherokee looks terrible. Wranglers and Grand cherokee are the only thing keeping that brand alive.

^ ^ ^

I am surprised that the basic GC design has aged real well, they just do a little tweak and they look good.

With that said, I do think the regular Cherokee is one of the ugliest things on the road right now, should have just made it like a baby GC.
I am too. They really nailed it with initial Grand Cherokee and the suttle facelifts to keep it relevant

I hated the Cherokee at first, but its something about the trailhawk edition Cherokee in the anvil color looks decent to me.

Last edited:
To me no color could save the headlights, in combination with that grill just makes it look like a weird bug and I really love their grill and that headlight just brings it all the way down that it makes me hate it on that vehicle.

no offense to those who owns one :lol:

Last edited:
Its actually not as offensive in person as it was when I first saw pics. That being said, id never ever buy one. :lol:

Yea I dont know where the hell those headlights came from. All those aggressive lines and then some soft looking headlights.

I still like the older Chargers better.

Back
Top Bottom