2016 Official NBA Off-Season Thread: Former Greatness

I hope my dawg OJ goes to the spurs to revive his career this summer [emoji]128591[/emoji][emoji]127998[/emoji][emoji]128591[/emoji][emoji]127998[/emoji]

The fact that he's a FA and no one is talking about it is so sad [emoji]128532[/emoji][emoji]128532[/emoji][emoji]128532[/emoji]

I hope my dawg OJ goes to the spurs to revive his career this summer [emoji]128591[/emoji][emoji]127998[/emoji][emoji]128591[/emoji][emoji]127998[/emoji]

The fact that he's a FA and no one is talking about it is so sad [emoji]128532[/emoji][emoji]128532[/emoji][emoji]128532[/emoji]

I think a team can get him back also.

Wonder who it will be.

It honestly wouldn't surprise me to see OJ not get picked up in free agency. I could honestly see him not signing until close to the season to fill a roster spot, which is sad.

It's an accomplishment that he's lasted as long as he did in the league. Slightly undersized at the 2. Not really efficient. Can't offer defense. He's 28. This next contract he signs might be his last?

"There has to be a level of understanding, a level of trust between teams," one former GM says. "I think Sam had a hard time opening up in that process. If you are trying to win the deal each time, that's fine, as long as the other side gets a win too. But if you are trying to kill them, then it makes it harder to work with them in the future." 
Adds the former GM, "There was a perception that Sam thought he was smarter than everyone else." 
Hmmm. Where have I heard this before?
laugh.gif

The league has never hidden its distaste for tanking, and sources around the NBA say Silver grew more irritated after the Sixers lost their first 18 games last fall and Okafor was involved in multiple off-court incidents.
Can't say I blame Silver for feeling that way...*shrugs*
By stepping in and facilitating the Jerry Colangelo move in Philadelphia, then, Silver sent a message: Gross incompetence is acceptable; strategic gaming of a flawed system is not. 
Oversimplifying things here a bit.
But in a way it is almost fitting that Hinkie's final message would be misconstrued -- and that he has once again closed himself off, refusing to talk to reporters to add clarity about his departure. He did agree to a photo shoot for this story but declined to comment on his exit or his future. One might be inclined to think that Hinkie just doesn't give a damn about messaging. 
Boooooooo. Misleading *** title for the article.
mean.gif

Good read though.

20 to Dwight, 10 to Lance and 10 to Waiters.

:lol:

Yeah, okay. There's no way the Knicks even do this. When have the Knicks recently signed a BAD contract under Phil Jackson? Questionable trades have been done, but there hasn't been one bad signing.

This rhetoric of the Knicks signing non-all stars for big money is over done and frankly played out. You need to find a new bag of jokes, because 2011 called and they're asking for their jokes back

Last edited:
IDK, Juice is still a career 37% three point shooter.

As long as he wasn't a locker room disturbance, he should latch on somewhere.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom