2016 Official NBA Off-Season Thread: Former Greatness

[emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji]

au contraire, lebron has already lost a step as far as athleticism goes. hes not jumping as high nor running as fast. and hes still taking a beating more than half the time since he likes to bulldoze. unless he pulls a wade and drops like 20+ lbs to make it easier on his knees and back, or REALLY develops that shot... he wont be in the league another 5 years.

:lol: at the last part

Last edited:
It's possible. Bron's son is about 5 years away from the league. If he stays on his current pace....he has a good shot of making the league. Think he's like the #6 ranked 8th grader in the nation.

Then again, I was ranked pretty high locally in 8th grade....and my "career" never made it past high school Jv :smh: :lol:

So anything can happen.
au contraire, lebron has already lost a step as far as athleticism goes. hes not jumping as high nor running as fast. and hes still taking a beating more than half the time since he likes to bulldoze. unless he pulls a wade and drops like 20+ lbs to make it easier on his knees and back, or REALLY develops that shot... he wont be in the league another 5 years.

Won't be in the league another 5 years??? :rofl:

he looked good as ever in the finals with some of those dunks and chase down blocks  but he paces himself. he chooses his spots. 

Last edited:
vaQMLjq.gif

imo karl malone is the best power forward of all time. i guess cuz im an 80's kid but tim duncan is right behind him at 2 or 3

i consider duncan a power forward

Difference is... Kobe was still working dudes at 34-35 base on his skills, his post up game, his shot.

He tore his Achilles, our for over a year, come back and messed up his knee. Ofcourse he was done.

Had he not gotten injured. He would still be playing putting up 25ppg.

LeBron does rely on size/athleticism. He is a no go.

Difference is... Kobe was still working dudes at 34-35 base on his skills, his post up game, his shot.

He tore his Achilles, our for over a year, come back and messed up his knee. Ofcourse he was done.

Had he not gotten injured. He would still be playing putting up 25ppg.

LeBron does rely on size/athleticism. He is a no go.

Bron is supremely skilled. And even when his athleticism goes....he'll still be an average athlete.

Y'all are delusional if you think he can't play at a high level for another 3 to 4 years....and play into his late 30's.

Bron has one of the highest IQs in basketball.....and I'm a noted Bron hater....but I won't front on him at all in the skill department.

he looked good as ever in the finals with some of those dunks and chase down blocks  but he paces himself. he chooses his spots. 
definitely is pacing himself. not to mention taking breaks midseason and seemingly human with minor injuries starting to pop up. dude is losing to father time slowly but surely. however, being SUCH a big dude putting that stress on his body? he will deteriorate faster than others unless he adapts.
Won't be in the league another 5 years???
roll.gif
yes, should he continue to bang in the paint and not switch his style up all the way through age 37.... he will not be in the league still. questions?

Let's take a look at some of the elite prep to pro stars career lengths....

Kobe was getting it done at 34. Bron is 31....and has 3 to 4 good years left. Then the real decline.

Kobe: 20 years
KG: 21 years
Bron: Already about to be at 14 years.

It's not a stretch to think Bron doesn't play til he's 38.
That's a big if, IF he goes injury free

This. He really hasn't lost anything yet. As you get older you just have less energy and can't do it as often

imo karl malone is the best power forward of all time. i guess cuz im an 80's kid but tim duncan is right behind him at 2 or 3

i consider duncan a power forward

Malone, Dirk, kg, lebron... take your pick

Last edited:
Love how nobody is saying how lebrons passing ability will definitely help him prolong his career. In 7 years he will be what Ben Simmons is now :lol:. Some Benjamin Button type stuff

yall really saying when lebron loses his athleticism, which is his main attribute, he will become some sort of elite pg? boy oh boy that koolaid was mixed well. bron will have to develop a shot for real. passing will extend the career? so lebron gonna just become magic johnson once he falls off? lol iight

roll.gif

That would be 100% voluntary if it occurred.
no. itd be from nearly 20 years of freak athleticism and stress at ~270lbs night in and night out. yall really forgetting dude is human. but on the other hand, he will adapt. hes not gonna be bulldozing for the next 5 years cuz hes smarter than that.

I doubt very seriously Lebron even wants to play until he's in his late 30s-40. 

His legacy is nearly complete...if he's not in a position to seriously contend it will certainly influence his future. Let's just assume Golden State becomes this dynasty...I can't see Bron playing for 2nd place for 8-9 more years. 

I can see it now. Just like with Kobe, when Lebron is 34, 35 dudes will be like "Yes! Yes! He's slowing down" like it ain't natural for players to slow down going into their mid 30's. I can easily see Lebron being a 20 and 8 player in probably his last 2 seasons.

Dudes been saying for a while he lost some bounce, while in the finals his athleticism was on full display at both ends of the court. Stop. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom