2016 Official NBA Off-Season Thread: Former Greatness

@DarthSka
"Yeah, we are definitely done here.

Find the offseason thread.

If some of you happen to... not find it...

*kanye shrug*"

:lol: :lol: i knew immediately that thread would go down fast once race was mentioned

The way I see it, he scheduled six meetings with teams but there's no way in hell he's going to play for boston or miami.

That leaves only okc, lac, spurs, or gsw. The idea that kd would go to the team that just beat him and won 73 games WITHOUT YOU is so unlikely I personally dont consider gsw as a likely destination.

Which means we have a shot :lol: :nerd:

I know KD loves CP and considers him one of his bestfriends so we'll see

Still think he resigns with okc though.

How do the clippers make a KD signing work though? They have 77M in guaranteed salary already plus cap holds which puts them at 83Mish. They going to go into a meeting with KD and offer him $11M and try to sign everyone else to veterans minimums?

I'm not try to hate, I honestly would like to know.

How do the clippers make a KD signing work though? They have 77M in guaranteed salary already plus cap holds which puts them at 83Mish. They going to go into a meeting with KD and offer him $11M and try to sign everyone else to veterans minimums?

I'm not try to hate, I honestly would like to know.

@LucasJHann   12m12 minutes ago

If the Clippers trade Griffin for Crowder, Brown, and future picks, they have enough room for max KD with a 100k paycut @celticsblog
And of course if the above doesn't happen it would have to be via a S&T involving Blake Griffin. Hope that PP retires, that clears up some more room. Renounce all your FA's and go from there. Or you can go about it like this

@LucasJHann   7h7 hours ago

Lucas Hann Retweeted Kaan Demirel

Could try to trade Blake to a different team for cheap contracts/picks, sign KD outright.
I'd imagine they already have some sort of skeleton in regards to how they would pull it off or else they wouldn't be meeting with KD. Clips get creative, move Blake via S&T with OKC, and go from there.

Last edited:
clippers need to let OKC know that a sign and trade for Blake would be a great option for them.

Assuming that works?

And of course if the above doesn't happen it would have to be via a S&T involving Blake Griffin. Hope that PP retires, that clears up some more room. Or you can go about it like this

I'd imagine they already have some sort of skeleton in regards to how they would pull it off or else they wouldn't be meeting with KD. Clips get creative, move Blake via S&T with OKC, and go from there.

is that Jaylen Brown?

No interest in having a courtesy meeting with Durant.

If he doesn't want to come here we should move on to guys who might sign here. No reason to waste time.
Dude's in OUR city entertaining OTHER organizations and MIGHT deign to see us 
grin.gif

In that hypothetical, Blake would HAVE to go if KD is going to get that max. I'm guessing that'll bring his value down a notch.

In that hypothetical, Blake would HAVE to go if KD is going to get that max. I'm guessing that'll bring his value down a notch.

thats what we are saying. Not sure how that would bring Blakes value down. If anything, it would bring it up, no? OKC surely would take Blake in a trade if KD told them he was leaving, right?

I've been talking about Blake for KD swap for years. Blake a OK kid who will sell tickets. They would still win 50+.

DREAMING I KNOW

The Teeth :rofl:

I think I root more for him because of it. Feel for him. But he's rich now. Will get fixed in 2 years.

Sign and trade him.. Which I assume we do.. Get a trade exemption or something

thats what we are saying. Not sure how that would bring Blakes value down. If anything, it would bring it up, no? OKC surely would take Blake in a trade if KD told them he was leaving, right?

I've been talking about Blake for KD swap for years. Blake a OK kid who will sell tickets. They would still win 50+.

DREAMING I KNOW

Didn't really think about KD for Blake in a sin and trade. That changes things. OKC would definitely do it if KD tells them he's gone.

But if Blake HAS to go - that definitely brings his value down. It's like a team with 2 PGs that can't play together. They'll never get full value on whoever they trade, you know?

Back
Top Bottom