2016 Official NBA Off-Season Thread: Former Greatness

Lakers fans don't want anyone but expect to get everyone 
laugh.gif

Not true. But at the start of the 2019 season when we trot out a starting 5 of D'Lo-Westbrook-Ingram-PG13-Whiteside and get to the Western Conference Finals against the Wolves don't say you weren't warned.
JD617 @FinallyFamous  I'm not good at remembering hilarious posts years later, so I'm gonna need you to save this one and trot it out in 2019 when the lakers don't trout out that starting 5.
Fixed.
Did he drop the manifesto? If so ima need a link to that.

Lakers fans don't want anyone but expect to get everyone :lol:

Not true. But at the start of the 2019 season when we trot out a starting 5 of D'Lo-Westbrook-Ingram-PG13-Whiteside and get to the Western Conference Finals against the Wolves don't say you weren't warned.

JD617 [@=/u/37297/FinallyFamous]@FinallyFamous[/@] I'm not good at remembering hilarious posts years later, so I'm gonna need you to save this one and trot it out in 2019 when the lakers don't trout out that starting 5.

Fixed.

Did he drop the manifesto? If so ima need a link to that.

no, but he dropped the ball.

pushed the release date more times than detox

Last edited:
Missed this last night but I saw someone said wade coasted thru the raptors series.

Game 1- 22

Game 2- 17

Game 3- 38

Game 4- 30

Game 5- 20

Game 6- 22

Game 7- 16

That's coasting?

Missed this last night but I saw someone said wade coasted thru the raptors series.

Game 1- 22

Game 2- 17

Game 3- 38

Game 4- 30

Game 5- 20

Game 6- 22

Game 7- 16

That's coasting?

He had one good game, and it was a 4th quarter (last 4-5 minutes I believe) and I assume that was game 3, the 38 pt joint.

He was clearly the best player on the floor by a long shot, and from my vantage point, he didn't do close to what he was capable of. He really didn't.

Best playoff performance prior to getting eliminated was your claim.....

Coasting is my claim.
I believe without a shadow of a doubt he could have won that series for them without Whiteside even with Jonas coming back, straight up

Last edited:
According to your own fanbase, y'all dont want anyone:
Didn't want Dwight, Carmelo, Wade, Lebron, KD, Chris Paul, and now Westbrook. Have fun with Harrison Barnes and Festus Ezeli
Dwight's soft *** can stay wherever the **** he wants to stay at.
Half of Knick's fans don't even like Melo.
Wade is never leaving Miami.
**** Bron Bron.
Obviously we all want KD but he won't even entertain a meeting with the team.
**** Chris Paul.

He had one good game, and it was a 4th quarter (last 4-5 minutes I believe) and I assume that was game 3, the 38 pt joint.

He was clearly the best player on the floor by a long shot, and from my vantage point, he didn't do close to what he was capable of. He really didn't.

Coasting is my claim.
I believe without a shadow of a doubt he could have won that series for them without Whiteside even with Jonas coming back, straight up

Random Winslow DNP was the difference between Heat in 6 and TOR in 7 IMO, completely changed the series... Especially with Whiteside out. Wade did all he could, from my POV

Last edited:
joe johnson didnt do ****. He had his annual 1 big game per year against the pistons in march and he clocked out for the season.

Game 1- 22

Game 2- 17

Game 3- 38

Game 4- 30

Game 5- 20

Game 6- 22

Game 7- 16

That's coasting?

Coasting is my claim.
Wade is 34, i think he ran out of gas and idk how Coach Spo was managing his minutes. If they wanted a Jordanesque performance from him every night idk what to tell heat fans. Dragic turned into Tragic in game 7. They need a young up and coming role player that could eventually turn into a star, but Wade isn't built like that anymore to carry and have 40 point games consistently. Also, they need a better backup for Whiteside incase he gets into foul trouble.

So, I'm the only one who wants Chris Paul and thinks he's the most appealing in that 2017 class, huh. Alright.

So, I'm the only one who wants Chris Paul and thinks he's the most appealing in that 2017 class, huh. Alright.

oh yeah, you're alone in that doggy

although in the near future I can see CP3 being what Kidd was for that 2011 Mav squad.

Last edited:
I can def picture curry in a lakers uniform after he showed us what he was made of in the finals

The only team that would even have 1 percent chance of landing Curry next year besides the Warriors is the Hornets.

I really wonder where Rubio ends up. To a lesser extent rondo

If the Wolves trade him, so be it, but I feel like they should at least start the season off with him and see how he and Dunn can work together. Give it a full season even. That way Dunn has tie to adjust and evaluate based on how they finish the season. If it looks like something that just wont work, part ways. As of now, I tgink the value to keeping him outweighs the return they get in a trade.

Last edited:
I would see what his value is and still try to trade him. If they had to keep him I wouldn't be mad at Dunn being eased in. I actually forgot he is 22

Back
Top Bottom