2016 Official NBA Off-Season Thread: Former Greatness

Not sure where to post this, but at what point does the marketing research team be like "that **** doesn't look like a swastika at all, go with it"?

Last edited:

Not sure where to post this, but at what point does the marketing research team be like "that **** doesn't look like a swastika at all, go with it"?

underarmour f*#(*#@(*@)*@)*# up.. kinda glad I've never bought anything of theirs

wish KD went with them now (even as a thunder fan, aint like I was buying any of his nike stuff anyways.. those days are long gone from me buying particular player's shoes or clothing)

adidas and puma have legit Nazi connections though

Last edited:
I mean I hate to assume, but I aint expecting much from mudiay...

but at the very least someone at the company has to see it and want to jump on that grenade before it turns into a big thing

Damn I didn't know the Jazz added all those pieces 
eek.gif

"all this Clipper talk"

:lol:

but at the very least someone at the company has to see it and want to jump on that grenade before it turns into a big thing

I feel the same way. Very Tyreke'ish like career, but could be completely wrong. The hype surrounding him is very strong considering he only had 1.5 months worth of solid basketball.

What's crazy is he really had a terrible rookie campaign overall. Had a great chance to at least be somewhat above average since he was given the starting role on a lottery team.

Last edited:
Damn I didn't know the Jazz added all those pieces :wow:
Rock Solid.
Hill is the Perfect fit.
Diaw is the perfect fit.
Don't see how Joe Johnson fits/would rather see Ingles
Even Exum is someone I'd rather watch somewhere else.

Let Hill run point and Mack back him up.

I feel the same way. Very Tyreke'ish like career, but could be completely wrong. The hype surrounding him is very strong considering he only had 1.5 months worth of solid basketball.

What's crazy is he really had a terrible rookie campaign overall. Had a great chance to at least be somewhat above average since he was given the starting role on a lottery team.
wasn't even talking about him as a player (which will probably take another year or two to figure out).. was talking about him picking up what the logo resembles

Mudiay's last 2 months of the season >>>>.

Him and Devin Booker were the best young guards the last 2 months of this season..

Mudiay shot the ball better than Booker and Ingram if you average out the last 2 months of the season. 38% from 3 on over 4 attempts per game.

It's not reasonable to think he can average 16/6/4 on 41/33/70 this year. And the nuggets will improve with the young core :pimp:

Last edited:
I think Joe fits nicely. Still a great spot up shooter, good playmaker + post up player and can run your offense for stretches. Utah needs all the shooting they can get to open up their offense. He should probably come off the bench though. Don't know if he's willing.

Joe fits well with Utah because they need another guy capable of creating for himself. They only have Hayward that's capable and he's not elite enough per say to be the ONLY guy on a offensive-limited team to do it.

Joe will fit in well when the team simply needs a bucket in the halfcourt after going 3-4 minutes scoreless like we saw many times last season :lol:

Adding 2 solid playmakers in Joe and Diaw should help make them a little better offensively.

Last edited:
Somebody said 1st Take is way more tolerable now that Skip is gone. Must be 2 1st Takes, cause all I've heard so far is SAS cutting promos

What is Utah's plan for their backcourt?

Hill is basically a 1-year rental as I don't anticipate them bringing him back. But, I wonder if they plan to move Burks soon since Hood has solidified himself as a starting SG. I guess the book is still out on Exum and I'm still not sure what he's going to do.

I mean blake broke his knee in preseason his OG rookie year,

but up until the last two seasons, he missed like 4 games in his first four years. He was extremely durable.

14'-15' he gets a random infection on his elbow, and last year was really the first time in his career where he got a real basketball injury.

That, plus his age, says he really isn't injury prone at all. Him and DJ are spectacular in that regard, especially DJ.

I mean blake broke his knee in preseason his OG rookie year,

but up until the last two seasons, he missed like 4 games in his first four years. He was extremely durable.

14'-15' he gets a random infection on his elbow, and last year was really the first time in his career where he got a real basketball injury.

That, plus his age, says he really isn't injury prone at all. Him and DJ are spectacular in that regard, especially DJ.

Okay, he's accident prone.

Somebody said 1st Take is way more tolerable now that Skip is gone. Must be 2 1st Takes, cause all I've heard so far is SAS cutting promos
hated hearing about it before.. now I look forward to it's ultimate demise

people don't care about fox, so hopefully I don't have to hear about skip anymore.. and SAS been through this already at espn

So who's more injury prone, Blake or Brow?

Blake Griffin isn't "injury" prone
Missed his entire rookie season.

Year 2 had arguably the best statistical rookie season since Bron/Reke & played all 82. Very impressive.

Year 3, missed nearly 20 games in the reg season, then sprained his knee in the playoffs & looked like a shell of himself. Limped past MEM, got swept by SAS.

Year 4, played 80 games, but severely hurt his ankle in the Grizz series & was a complete shell of himself. Couldn't get past MEM this time.

Year 5, his best season start to finish. Played 80 games, didn't get hurt in the playoffs. Might've eliminated OKC if Paul hadn't choked in G5.

Year 6, missed nearly 20 games in the reg season. Houston finishes ahead of them in the standings. Which is important because even though they went up 3-1 in the series, 2 of the last 3 games are in Houston.

And then of course this past season where he partially tore his quad, missed three months, & couldn't finish the season.

So 5/7 seasons he's either missed time due to injuries, looked like a shell of himself because of them, or both.

Amazing talent, but he just isn't durable man.

Back
Top Bottom