2016 Official NBA Off-Season Thread: Former Greatness

Staying in OKC was probably the smartest thing for Westbrook to do from a legacy perspective. He wasn't going to win a ring over these overpowered Warriors by going anywhere else except Cleveland or San Antonio which would've required one hell of a paycut. So since he won't win a ring, he's going for what's most realistic - the MVP.

View media item 2123688

He'll be one of the favorites, if not the favorite to win the award, especially now that he has the "good guy, he stayed with his team" image going for him. And while having the Thunder all to himself and assuming he stays healthy, he could average a 30-8-9 statline next season, albeit with low FG% and high turnovers. If he can get the Thunder past 50 wins, he'll probably get it. Him, LeBron and Kawhi are the only three candidates unless either Durant or Curry get injured early in the season and the Warriors win around 65 with the one of the two who is playing averages great numbers.

He'll probably go for the ring after this 3 year contract expires.
He can't win MVP. The team won't be good enough and I can't see the NBA breaking the unwritten rules of "must be a top three seed to win MVP" rule for this.

I've got Griffin for MVP.

ibtxIpvnvSm6e2.gif

Last edited:
Ehh, I can't see Blake winning it. I'm not sure if he'll be able to overshadow CP3 on the team enough. Even then, they have to be very close to the Warriors record wise to become notieceable. If they end up at the same spot (3-5 seed) like they've been over the last several years, it'll be difficult. Blake put up 24 and 9 in 2013-14 and still just made All-NBA 2nd team :lol: . I'm not sure what he'll have to do to win MVP this year, but it'll have to be better than that more than likely.

Ehh, I can't see Blake winning it. I'm not sure if he'll be able to overshadow CP3 on the team enough. Even then, they have to be very close to the Warriors record wise to become notieceable. If they end up at the same spot (3-5 seed) like they've been over the last several years, it'll be difficult. Blake put up 24 and 9 in 2013-14 and still just made All-NBA 2nd team :lol: . I'm not sure what he'll have to do to win MVP this year, but it'll have to be better than that more than likely.

He made all NBA 2nd team...and finished 3rd in MVP voting because KD and Bron were the 2 forwards on the first team.

And KD had one of the best perimeter seasons we've seen in 2014. Bron too :lol:.

I expect KD to take a slight step back statistically as a Warrior...Bron to coast a lil bit...and Blake to put up 24-10-5 and the Clips win about 57 games and a 2 seed. That should be enough to get him in the convo.

This is me being optimistic though. Not totally realistic :lol:

Last edited:
Staying in OKC was probably the smartest thing for Westbrook to do from a legacy perspective. He wasn't going to win a ring over these overpowered Warriors by going anywhere else except Cleveland or San Antonio which would've required one hell of a paycut. So since he won't win a ring, he's going for what's most realistic - the MVP.

View media item 2123688

He'll be one of the favorites, if not the favorite to win the award, especially now that he has the "good guy, he stayed with his team" image going for him. And while having the Thunder all to himself and assuming he stays healthy, he could average a 30-8-9 statline next season, albeit with low FG% and high turnovers. If he can get the Thunder past 50 wins, he'll probably get it. Him, LeBron and Kawhi are the only three candidates unless either Durant or Curry get injured early in the season and the Warriors win around 65 with the one of the two who is playing averages great numbers.

He'll probably go for the ring after this 3 year contract expires.

whats the point of mvp without a ring? Drose/KD anyone?

Damn zero mention of Steph so far in this MVP discussion :rofl:

with kd on the team its gonna be hard for him to put up those numbers like the last 2 years.

I agree,just thought it was pretty jokes :lol:

Really interested in seeing how everyone meshes together on that squad,Klay was just saying the other day that he's not gonna change a damn thing about his game :lol:

John Wall MVP book it

30 Triple doubles

28 pts / 12 dimes/ 9 boards

Wizards knock off Cav's after acquiring boogie from Kings for Gortat plus young talent

This is what I love about NT

How often have you seen a one man led team in the West with the majority of the players being average to below average win 50 games? :lol:

There will not be a single player outside of Westbrook coming close to making an all-star game and not even an All-Defensive team.
Neither is Conley or Parsons and yall just gave them a quarter Billi

Back
Top Bottom