2016 Official NBA Off-Season Thread: Former Greatness

My mom just bought me back some Topps BBQ from Memphis, got it at the house waiting for me to come kill once I get off work. They say it's crack.

KD just got a shiny new toy in Oladipo (maybe I'm shortchanging him, admittedly I am but I don't think by much, but how much better is he than Waiters? Seem incredibly similar). I still think he does the 1+1 everyone has been expecting him to do and gives us 1 more go round here. If not, that's a massive TPE to s&t him into and Presti can bring someone else in. Cats acting like OKC is about to become the nNuggets or something if/when he and Russ leave.

Rumors swirling heavy now that Ibaka's relationship with KD and Russ had deteriorated over everything from touches to defensive lapses and then being unhappy with his effort. They definitely all yell ad cuss at each other a lot but it has always been that way, especially KD/Perk/Ibaka on D. I guess getting something for him before he leaves for nothing is always a win.

I am not excited about Sabonis. Don't watch college ball, but he seems unathletic and is a rookie so who cares? We still have a left handed rookie forward in Mitch McGary waiting to get court time.

Hopefully this means Dion walks. Or do we still s&t him just to utilize the 10-13mil he is going to get? Presti never lets FAs outright walk.

I don't know how much of this is true, but Danny Ainge is a god damn lunatic.

http://www.celticsblog.com/2016/6/2...mors-what-was-offered-on-draft-night#comments

If Celtics general manager Danny Ainge, for example, proposed swapping Boston's No. 3 overall selection for Noel and the Sixers' top-3 protected 2017 Lakers pick (which would be unprotected in '18), as an NBA source heard happened, Colangelo had no choice but to decline. But he still needs to find a way to restore the roster balance.

Yea my guy Ainge has fallen off the thinline, after what he did to Brooklyn he thinks he's smarter than every other team.

He's the kid that was shoplifting from all the stores in the mall and making a killing. Then he got cocky and tried to get the Fendi belt from Neimen Marcus and got hit with that Grand Larceny charge.

He's souring relationships with all the other GM's with this ********, no point in having assets if nobody wants to work with you.

Yea my guy Ainge has fallen off the thinline, after what he did to Brooklyn he thinks he's smarter than every other team.

He's the kid that was shoplifting from all the stores in the mall and making a killing. Then he got cocky and tried to get the Fendi belt from Neimen Marcus and got hit with that Grand Larceny charge.

He's souring relationships with all the other GM's with this ********, no point in having assets if nobody wants to work with you.
If the guy really asked for the Lakers pick + Noel for the third pick then that is absolutely lunacy.  The guy is just trying to come up on everyone and is going to get stuck with a **** ton of assets he wont be able to use.

KD just got a shiny new toy in Oladipo (maybe I'm shortchanging him, admittedly I am but I don't think by much, but how much better is he than Waiters? Seem incredibly similar). I still think he does the 1+1 everyone has been expecting him to do and gives us 1 more go round here. If not, that's a massive TPE to s&t him into and Presti can bring someone else in. Cats acting like OKC is about to become the nNuggets or something if/when he and Russ leave.

Rumors swirling heavy now that Ibaka's relationship with KD and Russ had deteriorated over everything from touches to defensive lapses and then being unhappy with his effort. They definitely all yell ad cuss at each other a lot but it has always been that way, especially KD/Perk/Ibaka on D. I guess getting something for him before he leaves for nothing is always a win.

I am not excited about Sabonis. Don't watch college ball, but he seems unathletic and is a rookie so who cares? We still have a left handed rookie forward in Mitch McGary waiting to get court time.

Hopefully this means Dion walks. Or do we still s&t him just to utilize the 10-13mil he is going to get? Presti never lets FAs outright walk.

They're not saying you would stink just because Russell would leave.. What they are saying or how I think it will happen, is KD will see what Westbrook does... And if Westbrook wants to leave, KD will leave as well, but to someplace else.

If the guy really asked for the Lakers pick + Noel for the third pick then that is absolutely lunacy.  The guy is just trying to come up on everyone and is going to get stuck with a **** ton of assets he wont be able to use.

If I'm Philly I woulda hung up the phone as soon as the word Lakers came out his mouth and I'm blocking his #.

Dude couldn't be serious.

At least they have Giannis and Bari for the next 7 years.

GV trade was trash, MCW move was trash and so was the Monroe signing.

Yeah dont forget giving away zaza and dudley for nothing after both had above average years. Oh and drafting RV who had one of the worst rookie seasons ever :lol: still have hope for him though and the team all together just cant afford these **** ups

Yeah dont forget giving away zaza and dudley for nothing after both had above average years. Oh and drafting RV who had one of the worst rookie seasons ever :lol: still have hope for him though and the team all together just cant afford these **** ups

MAN. :x :lol:

I forgot about the Rashad Vaughn pick.

Rondae, Portis, Justin Anderson where all there too.

I will always think Westbrook has a secret handshake with the Lakers to come over next year, even if it doesn't happen.

*Not a Lakers fan.

Probably not a destination for him.

But he would fit basketball wise in my opinion better than Boston.

Russ seems like the type of dude to tell u he's down for something, only to **** on u behind your back, then when u find out, he makes excuses or avoids you at all costs :lol:

I could see KD resigning, then Russ leaving, and KD stuck for another x amount of years

Russ seems like the type of dude to tell u he's down for something, only to **** on u behind your back, then when u find out, he makes excuses or avoids you at all costs
laugh.gif

wtf? 
laugh.gif

MAN. :x :lol:

I forgot about the Rashad Vaughn pick.

Rondae, Portis, Justin Anderson where all there too.

Yeah RV was *** last year even went to dleague for a lil bit. Idk whats going on in the front office these days. I knw when kidd first got there it seemed like he was getting final say or backing from ownership of player moves. I believe hammond wanted portis that year but kidd got his guy. But after sering the results of kidds decisions it seems like ownership took some power away from him and made it more even with hammond again. I read ownership blocked a trade with NOP that either involved monroe and mcw or both. Also thank god that trade for DH didnt go through :lol:. Like what is the direction of this team. Now that we hired that dude from the jazz to be the gm in waiting I feel like hammond is going out shooting. In the press conference with thon when he was introduced he said he had a hint or feeling or something like that he would be drafted by the bucks and kidds face was funny as hell. Like dam ol johnny boy got his dude.

Last edited:

laugh.gif

You ain't lying though.

Don't forget about the finessin' he did on the Rondo trade, and getting Isaiah Thomas (on one of the most team-friendly contracts in the league) for just a late 1st round pick.

Other GM's have to be wary of dealing with him at this point, and apparently he's making it worse for himself always going for the kill on offers.

To be fair though, Ainge said he absolutely would've done most of the rumored offers out there floating from sources. He tried making the point that a lot of what's out there ain't exactly accurate in terms of full trade details and proposals. So that deal with the Lakers pick had more moving parts going both ways.  

But Ainge knows how to play the "source" game too and the backlash from anonymous GM's is gathering steam. There's enough smoke to think there must be fire so I assume there's some truth to it.
laugh.gif

I **** with Danny, but he's gotta chill w/ that.

My mom just bought me back some Topps BBQ from Memphis, got it at the house waiting for me to come kill once I get off work. They say it's crack.

Topps out of all the places? :smh:

Its okay, but if you think that's good, you got to try Central, A&R and Germantown Commissary. Real crack

Back
Top Bottom