2017 52 week money challenge

fx2

happy new year NT! you know saving money is part of everyone's new years resolution so why not do it with the 52 week money challenge? its an easy way to stack your money. if you have a savings account, you can just do weekly transfers through online banking. if not, you can do it the old school way and put money away in a shoe box or piggy bank.

View media item 2283512View media item 2283508
so who's with me?

im_ready_game_of_thrones.gif

I just set up my transfers through the end of April, starting at $52. let's get it!

I says ima do it every year. This time im forsure. I'm getting a lot of financial aid. I'm a put 1000 away and the do the challenge in reverse and double it.

Last edited:
I'm going to do a 52 for 52. $52 for $52 weeks. Use that money towards traveling next year.

Hoping to hit at least $100k in total savings this year -- 2016 was terrible for me savings-wise (only ~$25k)

Last edited:
Great thread....also, just would like to add that I've been using Acorn app which uses round-ups.  Its like that old school way of "keeping the change", so say you buy something for $1.45....it automatically adds .55cents to your ACORN account (rounds up/deducts from your linked bank account) and before you know it, you'll have a nice sum after a few weeks/months.

I linked my bank account and the transfers are pretty much next day.  Its a great way to save with the "out of sight, out of mind" concept.  Anyways, if you think this is something for you, here's the link:

Acorns.com -   Invest Intelligently Every dollar you invest is automatically diversified across 7,000 stocks and bonds to help improve your return while reducing risk.

Back
Top Bottom