2017 FANTASY FOOTBALL THREAD VOL. ZERO RB IS STILL KING

I think mocks are useless. The only way you can glean anything useful from it is if you did multiple and everyone involved stays to the end or close to it.

Has anyone tried Zero WR strategy and ended up making the playoffs?

Just did a 12 team mock (11th pick) and went with Melvin Gordon, Jordan Howard, Dalvin Cook, and McCaffrey as my first 4 picks.

I dont know if the zero WR strategy will pay off for you or not. I am wholeheartedly against the zero RB strategy as I find that more times than not, a team with great running backs wins the league. I wouldnt advise doing a zero anything strategy....but apparently the OP and his followers think that's the way to go.

I'd like to reiterate that Duke Johnson sucks no matter the OL or the opportunity.

Picked the draft order for one of my leagues earlier and I got 1st overall :pimp:.

Yea articles and PPR potential aside I think I'm steering clear of any Browns.

Better off staying away from all Browns, Jets, Jags, Ravens, Broncos, Giants besides Beckham, Niners besides maybe Garçon, Bears besides Howard, Bills besides McCoy and Rams depending on how high you need to draft Gurley.

Last edited:
got 2 drafts this Sunday (work league and just friends). I'm the back to back champ in my "just friends" league so i'm looking forward to defending my title again :lol: Don't know what my draft spot is until the day of the draft.

I don't know what to make of this year. Haven't done much research or doing any mocks. This year just seems strange for some reason

Better off staying away from all Browns, Jets, Jags, Ravens, Broncos, Giants besides Beckham, Niners besides maybe Garçon, Bears besides Howard, Bills besides McCoy and Rams depending on how high you need to draft Gurley.
Right....just learned to not to draft players on crappy organizations (I'm looking at you Allen Robinson).

Might have Julio, Evans and Shady/Gordon on the board when I pick...leanings RBs as I typically go RB or are one of the WRS the way to go?

Giants WR unit is worth a look, no? Unless ya mean b/c of ball distribution.

Shepard I believe is fine from his ankle scare last moth. Marshall is going for x-rays on his shoulder after last night.

Giants WR unit is worth a look, no? Unless ya mean b/c of ball distribution.

Shepard I believe is fine from his ankle scare last moth. Marshall is going for x-rays on his shoulder after last night.

Shepard and Engram look like they're going to get a bunch of looks on top of obviously needing to get Beckham the ball as much as possible and needing to establish some sort of running game at some point. Their OL is still possibly the worst in the whole league and Eli looks like he's getting about 1 second to throw. All this combined makes B-Marsh a not great value at where his current ADP sits.

Doug Martin looks good.

Yes he does, this would be the year to grab him. He plays great every time he has something to prove...rookie year, contract year and now this year where we can cut him at any point and owe him nothing. OJ's blocking, Sweezy being healthy and Marpet's move to center will also help the running game a lot.

And I feel as if Martin is going mid-rounds and not too early bc of the suspension >D .

Would you guys take Dalvin Cook over Ajayi or Gurley in a 0.5 PPR keeper league right now?

Would you guys take Dalvin Cook over Ajayi or Gurley in a 0.5 PPR keeper league right now?

I would have a hard time with that as of today with not really seeing cook play at all in the regular season. I would wait a week or two and get a better feel on how the preseason shakes out.

Back
Top Bottom