2017 FANTASY FOOTBALL THREAD VOL. ZERO RB IS STILL KING

I like it. How the hell did Jordy drop all the way to you at the end of the second round though? He should've been gone in the first :lol:.

This is one of those leagues where people take defenses and kickers in rounds 7-10. I'm not sure why I'm in it, but my homie wanted me in so I said eff it.

Tom Brady went 6th overall, Aaron Rodgers went 11th, Drew Brees went 16th, Marcus Mariota went 17th and Matt Ryan went 20th. With that many QBs going in the 1st and 2nd rounds, Jordy fell. Dudes were clowning me for taking him too; saying he's just going to get hurt :smh:

This is one of those leagues where people take defenses and kickers in rounds 7-10. I'm not sure why I'm in it, but my homie wanted me in so I said eff it.

Tom Brady went 6th overall, Aaron Rodgers went 11th, Drew Brees went 16th, Marcus Mariota went 17th and Matt Ryan went 20th. With that many QBs going in the 1st and 2nd rounds, Jordy fell. Dudes were clowning me for taking him too; saying he's just going to get hurt :smh:
:rofl:

You sure there isn't some crazy scoring for QBs? That sounds like the first two rounds of a 2QB league. You should be sitting pretty if those dudes were drafting crazy like that. Hope it was a nice buy-in :lol:.

I would have a hard time with that as of today with not really seeing cook play at all in the regular season. I would wait a week or two and get a better feel on how the preseason shakes out.

My draft is on Sunday. As long as Cook stays healthy in his game this week I think I'm taking the risk :lol:

Marshawn, Ajayi and Gurley all have more bust potential in their situations IMO

My draft is on Sunday. As long as Cook stays healthy in his game this week I think I'm taking the risk :lol:

Marshawn, Ajayi and Gurley all have more bust potential in their situations IMO

Oh god, I thought you meant trade one of those people. Yeah I would take him over all three but you can probably get him a round later. I thought I reached for him at 40 in my draft.

:rofl:

You sure there isn't some crazy scoring for QBs? That sounds like the first two rounds of a 2QB league. You should be sitting pretty if those dudes were drafting crazy like that. Hope it was a nice buy-in :lol:.

I was about to say. I had the same damn thing happen last year but the QB scoring was 6 points per TD instead of 4, for whatever reason QB's got points everytime they were sacked, and there were point bonuses every time a QB reached 200, 300, and 400 yards passing. I would double check the rules on that because QB's were putting up like 40-60 a week with those rules.

Oh god, I thought you meant trade one of those people. Yeah I would take him over all three but you can probably get him a round later. I thought I reached for him at 40 in my draft.

As much as I wish I could, there's no way I could now. This one dude already told me he wants to take Cook and Mixon with his first two picks and he's in the bottom 6 and I'm in the top 6 picks so he'd grab them both before I have the chance. I hadn't even said a word about Cook either so it's not like he was just saying that because of me. And this was before his two preseason performances.

As much as I wish I could, there's no way I could now. This one dude already told me he wants to take Cook and Mixon with his first two picks and he's in the bottom 6 and I'm in the top 6 picks so he'd grab them both before I have the chance. I hadn't even said a word about Cook either so it's not like he was just saying that because of me. And this was before his two preseason performances.

QB's getting sacked? What the hell :rofl:

My leagues winner from last season 'threatened' to leave because we decided today (draft is this Friday) to alter our waiver rules. Instead of Reverse order of standings, we voted and decided on bidding. He literally didn't understand how it worked and we had to explain it multiple times :smh: .

QB's getting sacked? What the hell :rofl:

My leagues winner from last season 'threatened' to leave because we decided today (draft is this Friday) to alter our waiver rules. Instead of Reverse order of standings, we voted and decided on bidding. He literally didn't understand how it worked and we had to explain it multiple times :smh: .
Bidding should be the default for every league. Started using it in mine like 3 years ago and haven't looked back. So much more fair (and fun [and strategic]).

Bidding should be the default for every league. Started using it in mine like 3 years ago and haven't looked back. So much more fair (and fun [and strategic]).

Yeah looking back IDK why we used Reverse order of standings last year.

Ran a mock last night. If my actual draft were to ever pan out like this I'd be stoked :lol: too bad I drafted with people who felt Ajyai could go 18th overall.

12th pick in a 12 man (in order):

1. Jordan Howard (Chi - RB)
2. Jordy Nelson (GB - WR)
3. Julian Edelman (NE - WR)
4. Travis Kelce (KC - TE)
5. DeSean Jackson (TB - WR)
6. Mark Ingram (NO - RB)
7. Andy Dalton (Cin - QB)
8. Denver (Den - DEF)
9. Danny Woodhead (Bal - RB)
10. Derek Carr (Oak - QB)
11. Adam Vinatieri (Ind - K)
12. Sterling Shepard (NYG - WR)
13. Zay Jones (Buf - WR)
14. Kareem Hunt (KC - RB)
15. O.J. Howard (TB - TE)

Ran a mock last night. If my actual draft were to ever pan out like this I'd be stoked :lol: too bad I drafted with people who felt Ajyai could go 18th overall.

12th pick in a 12 man (in order):

1. Jordan Howard (Chi - RB)
2. Jordy Nelson (GB - WR)
3. Julian Edelman (NE - WR)
4. Travis Kelce (KC - TE)
5. DeSean Jackson (TB - WR)
6. Mark Ingram (NO - RB)
7. Andy Dalton (Cin - QB)
8. Denver (Den - DEF)
9. Danny Woodhead (Bal - RB)
10. Derek Carr (Oak - QB)
11. Adam Vinatieri (Ind - K)
12. Sterling Shepard (NYG - WR)
13. Zay Jones (Buf - WR)
14. Kareem Hunt (KC - RB)
15. O.J. Howard (TB - TE)

Kareem Hunt in the 14th round? Those people have no idea what they're doing......

Kareem Hunt in the 14th round? Those people have no idea what they're doing......

Yeah dude. I'm nervous that at least 4 or 5 of us in my league (myself included) know about Hunt and take him fairly early. I'd love him late, maybe even in the middle somewhere, but not too early. When's the right time I should look to take him?

Back
Top Bottom