2017 FANTASY FOOTBALL THREAD VOL. ZERO RB IS STILL KING

Who do you all follow on twitter for your football information? I'm looking to get real time injury updates for the season because one of my leagues doesnt have waivers. Like the god damn wild wild west out there.

Who do you all follow on twitter for your football information? I'm looking to get real time injury updates for the season because one of my leagues doesnt have waivers. Like the god damn wild wild west out there.

No waivers? :sick:

Expectations for Woodhead??
If he can stay healthy he should eat in PPR leagues.

How early has Marty Bennett been getting drafted? He should have a great year right? I got the first pick and want to maybe draft him last of 4th round or first of 5th round...

10 team league... will he still be there or is that too early
You can get him in like the 9th round. No need to reach that early.

Download the sleeperbot app. Sends you a notification as soon as an injury or breaking news happens.

Download it but never open it tho cause the forums are a cesspool. :lol:

Download the sleeperbot app. Sends you a notification as soon as an injury or breaking news happens.

Download it but never open it tho cause the forums are a cesspool. :lol:

How do you set the alerts/notifications without opening the app :lol:

I play in a standard league where TD passes are 6 points. How much of a bump would you give the top qb's?

I play in a standard league where TD passes are 6 points. How much of a bump would you give the top qb's?
A huge one as they will significantly have more points because of the tds not as much yards.
Brady, Brees, n Rodgers make a difference

My PPR is 6 points for QB/TD passes as well. I have a feeling Rodgers goes fairly early. If I were able to get him the second snake around I am in a heartbeat. Doubt he lasts to me though.

Is taking one of Rodgers/Brady in the 2nd too early?

My plan is BPA in 1st
One of Rodgers/Brady in 2nd
Grab zeke rd 3

You really think zeke slipping to 3rd?

And really I don't like taking a QB early especially in the 2nd

In Mocks ive ran he seems to be going in the early 3rd, I don't think the guys in my league will risk it in the 2nd with a 6 game suspension.

Leveon lasted until pick 3 or 4 in the 2nd last year with the 3 game

Last year I didn't take a qb until the 10th but I'm just trying to decide if the 6 pts per TD if I should reach to lockdown a top one because some guys in the league like taking Rodgers/Brady/brees early

with OBJ's injury is anyone drafting evans/AJ green/Jordy over him? right now he might miss 2 weeks of regular season it seems

I got Julio, fohrnette, terrelle pryor, dalvib cook, and mixon my first 5 picks in a 12 man league. Also picked Taylor Gabriel and kareem hunt, my last two picks. Accidentally auto picked Andrew luck though. I dun goofed

I would cause I don't think you wanna rely on a rookie and Woodhead as your only two startable RB's. You could just slide Keenan into your WR slot and either Woodhead or Garçon into the flex.

Thanks to everyone for the advice. I did the deal and haven't once thought about it. I have a new, bigger question for the league I commission.

14 team keeper league, we I'm sitting at #8 and Zeke is my keeper in the 1st. We only start 1 back this season. Who do I go with in the 2nd?

There are 2-3 FSU fans in my league, and I know they're on Dalvin either in the second, or in the 3rd before the snake comes back to me. I'm thinking of snagging him @ 20, which seems crazy. After that I'd start snagging wide outs in the 3rd-6th. (Crowder, Garçon, Crabtree, Pryor) type guys that may be there in the 4th and 5th.

I'm doing mocks and every back that makes it to 36 (my third rounder) I'm not feeling. Joe Mixon, Adrian, Mark Ingram, Hyde, Crowell ish type guys).

Feel like Dalvin is almost guaranteed to be their 3 down guy. Murray isn't good.

Thoughts? Thanks in advance fellas.

Last year I didn't take a qb until the 10th but I'm just trying to decide if the 6 pts per TD if I should reach to lockdown a top one because some guys in the league like taking Rodgers/Brady/brees early
I'd still wait on a QB. I play in primarily 6pt/pass TD leagues and for the most part that's still the strategy. Drafting a QB early hampers your RB/WR slots so you have to get lucky on your later picks, which is a tough bet. Whereas it's alot easier to grab a QB later who will put up 20ppg.

with OBJ's injury is anyone drafting evans/AJ green/Jordy over him? right now he might miss 2 weeks of regular season it seems
I wouldn't bump him down too much. My ranks would be AB/Julio/Beckham/AJ Green.

What round is Doug Martin going in?
You should consistently be able to grab him in the 6th-7th.

Thanks to everyone for the advice. I did the deal and haven't once thought about it. I have a new, bigger question for the league I commission.

14 team keeper league, we I'm sitting at #8 and Zeke is my keeper in the 1st. We only start 1 back this season. Who do I go with in the 2nd?

There are 2-3 FSU fans in my league, and I know they're on Dalvin either in the second, or in the 3rd before the snake comes back to me. I'm thinking of snagging him @ 20, which seems crazy. After that I'd start snagging wide outs in the 3rd-6th. (Crowder, Garçon, Crabtree, Pryor) type guys that may be there in the 4th and 5th.

I'm doing mocks and every back that makes it to 36 (my third rounder) I'm not feeling. Joe Mixon, Adrian, Mark Ingram, Hyde, Crowell ish type guys).

Feel like Dalvin is almost guaranteed to be their 3 down guy. Murray isn't good.

Thoughts? Thanks in advance fellas.
PPR? How many WRs do you start?

If you're only required to start 1 RB and you already have Zeke waiting in the wings then I'd just wait to grab a RB until a bit later. That way you can stack up your WR slots in the first 3-4 rounds. Especially in PPR there are RBs that can be had later that can get you a respectable 10ppg while you wait for Zeke's suspension to end. And when he comes back you'll have at least two top flite WRs on top of a stud RB.

I'd still wait on a QB. I play in primarily 6pt/pass TD leagues and for the most part that's still the strategy. Drafting a QB early hampers your RB/WR slots so you have to get lucky on your later picks, which is a tough bet. Whereas it's alot easier to grab a QB later who will put up 20ppg.

I wouldn't bump him down too much. My ranks would be AB/Julio/Beckham/AJ Green.

You should consistently be able to grab him in the 6th-7th.

PPR? How many WRs do you start?

If you're only required to start 1 RB and you already have Zeke waiting in the wings then I'd just wait to grab a RB until a bit later. That way you can stack up your WR slots in the first 3-4 rounds. Especially in PPR there are RBs that can be had later that can get you a respectable 10ppg while you wait for Zeke's suspension to end. And when he comes back you'll have at least two top flite WRs on top of a stud RB.

We start 2 WR's in the league. I totally agree w/you, but I'm kinda worried about those late RB's, for whatever reason. I'm really torn. Draft is this weekend too. Dalvin at #20 is definitely a super reach, but the kid might ball out.

Great short read on Jordan Reed's price in drafts this year.
http://rotoviz.com/2017/08/hurry-up-jordan-reed-injury/

The Hurry Up: How Do You Price Jordan Reed’s Injury Risk?
August 24, 2017 | By Brian Malone

The Hurry Up keeps you up to date on the latest news through the filter of RotoViz tools and related content.

“[Jordan Reed] did good. He did everything today. We’re easing him into the lineup. He did some good things in the passing game, we put him in the running game a little bit – did good. He looks well.”

He is a critical part of our offense. We know that, so it is a comfort level when he’s in there.

Source: Jay Gruden on Jordan Reed, Kirk Cousins and more – Washington Times

A thought experiment:

1. If Jordan Reed had an average tight end’s injury risk, where would you draft him?
  2. If you knew Reed was guaranteed to miss the first six games of the season due to injury, but then he would return without heightened injury risk — just the average risk for a TE — where would you draft him?
The answer to (1) must be “mid-second round, at latest.” Picks 2.06 to 2.10 include T.Y. Hilton, Doug Baldwin, Dez Bryant, and Rob Gronkowski. Reed has scored at their level on a per-game basis over the past two seasons. And he’s a TE, which makes his production worth a little more compared to a replacement-level player.

Reed-et-al.png

For (2), we have an obvious comparison: Ezekiel Elliott, who fell from 1.04 to 2.02when the NFL announced his six-game suspension.

Reed, meanwhile, is available at the 4/5 turn in 12-team leagues. That’s more than two full rounds off of his injury-agnostic price. Player value based on ADP isn’t linear: the value gap between 1.04 and 2.02, for example, is larger than the gap between 2.06 and 3.08. But you’re getting at least as much discount on Reed as you are on Elliott.

That is to say, Reed is being priced as if he’ll miss six games more than a typical TE. But Reed hasn’t missed more than five games since his rookie season, when he missed just seven. To be sure, he’s at risk for a season-ending injury — probably even an enhanced risk, even though he’s never had one — but more likely, he misses two or three weeks.

I don’t claim to be an injury expert, but this strikes me as an excessive discount on one of the handful of potential TE difference-makers. In the late fourth round, I’m all over Reed. For more on Reed, check out Cort Smith’s fantasy faceoff advocating Reed over Travis Kelce (at price).

I agree.

1st pick in a 12 team league standard on Monday night: I went David Johnson
1st pick in a 14 team league DRAFTING THIS SUNDAY .5 PPR : Do I go DJ again or take Lev Bell?

Should I have multiple shares of DJ or should I go with both of them and go from there? Any opinions

Last year I went with different players in different leagues to keep things interesting. It took a lot more work than my usual tactic of trying to get the same players. #1 overall I'd keep the same dude

1st pick in a 12 team league standard on Monday night: I went David Johnson
1st pick in a 14 team league DRAFTING THIS SUNDAY .5 PPR : Do I go DJ again or take Lev Bell?

Should I have multiple shares of DJ or should I go with both of them and go from there? Any opinions
I'd go with Bell. End of season both of them should end up being studs, but if something happened to DJ and you took him both times you'd be kicking yourself.

Here's my team:

Qb: rivers
Rb: fournette
Rb: dalvin cook
Wr: Julio jones
Wr: terelle pryor
Te: jack doyle
K: none right now
Def: steelers

Bench:
Joe mixon
Martavis bryant
Doug Martin
Corey Coleman
Meredith
Andrew luck
Kareem hunt

Should I pickup rex burkhead? And if so, for who?

Back
Top Bottom