2017 NBA Playoffs Thread - CLE @ BOS Game 5 on TNT

Status
Not open for further replies.

That Championship Spurs team is built nothing like the current one. Can't compare them at all

So, by getting PG, who is going to command a max contract, that would be better for them in terms of not being by the threshold and make them a better team? Debatable

Melo could still come btw
PG will command a max contract, but he easily takes Blake's max slot. Not only that, he's younger, and he's a lockdown defender. So you have CP locking down guards, PG locking down best wing player, and DeAndre protecting the rim. Makes too much sense, huh? 

I don't see how you guys can get Melo with JJ being apart of the deal. I don't think Rivers and Crawford is enough to get Melo.

Jabari injury almost brought a thug tear to my eye [emoji]128549[/emoji].

Don't even feel right watching this. My man was averaging 20 & 6 on 49 from the field....and almost 40 from 3.....

He just needed to learn how to be a serviceable defender....and he was on his way. **** :smh:

[thread="661661"] [/thread]
[thread="661661"]How many teams you got Wavy? :lol: That's Nuggets, Jazz, Warriors, Wizards, Hawks. we gotta add Clippers to it? Damn homie.[/thread]

I feel like any team that got a Baltimore ***** on it, he root for :lol:  My ***** takes pride in his city :lol:

My man got 2 team in the Northwest division and 2 teams in the Southeast division. :lol:

PG will command a max contract, but he easily takes Blake's max slot. Not only that, he's younger, and he's a lockdown defender. So you have CP locking down guards, PG locking down best wing player, and DeAndre protecting the rim. Makes too much sense, huh? 

I don't see how you guys can get Melo with JJ being apart of the deal. I don't think Rivers and Crawford is enough to get Melo.
Makes too much sense? Not really but OK. Like I said it's debatable

Trying to use the year that SAS won the finals and compare that team to this one is what doesn't make sense. Saying LAC got lucky for beating SAS is what doesn't make sense

Carry on though

Sorry the Spurs are still elite.  They may not be able to go all the way like GSW due to age, but time and time again when they click at the right time they can tear teams apart.

How do you win a championship 7 years later with the same core guys? 

We all were bro, we all were

John Hammond still watched that hoopstvmixtape highlight and nothing else. Still believe that

I wasn't :lol:.

It's just crazy to me that a guy that was long considered the #1 prospect in his HS class since he was in 8th grade up until 12th grade......was reduced to a "hoopmixtape star" amongst some scouts after a disappointing hoop summit, and questions about eligibility. All of a sudden....everything about Thon suddenly became "oversold"....and y'all bought it.

Many just decided to not look at the obvious: a young, mobile, long, versatile big....with a workable jump shot.

You don't give up on guys like Thon and Skal.

I wasn't
laugh.gif

It's just crazy to me that a guy that was long considered the #1 prospect in his HS class since he was in 8th grade up until 12th grade......was reduced to a "hoopmixtape star" amongst some scouts after a disappointing hoop summit, and questions about eligibility. All of a sudden....everything about Thon suddenly became "oversold"....and y'all bought it.

Many just decided to not look at the obvious: a young, mobile, long, versatile big....with a workable jump shot.

Here's a cookie, bro 
laugh.gif

I wasn't
laugh.gif

If Giles grows a new pair of knees you'll have a solid conspiracy

I wasn't :lol:.

Who was considered a hard worker and his greatest asset was his motor. Don't see how he wouldn't at least be serviceable

Last edited:
Sad to say...but we should have seen Giles coming.

Dudes was wylin last year talkin bout "he'll be fine. knee procedures are so much more advanced than before". 

What happened to Norman Powelll?

I remember @awwsome saying something along the lines of....trade Derozen....and slide Powell into that starting spot.

Lowry can't even finish right now, barely looking to score. Sad state
He's at least getting into the paint and creating open looks for others

Also, getting PJ Tucker was a game changer for the rotation. He and Joseph taking the main back up guard roles.. kinda at Powell's expense for the playoffs. Powell still a nice bench prospect

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom