2017 NBA Playoffs Thread - CLE @ BOS Game 5 on TNT

Status
Not open for further replies.

It's not totally impossible.  Did Russ sign that extension yet?

I hope that happens.
As far as it seems, he's under contract next year and has the opt out option for the following year

Dude could still leave after everyone praised him for staying lol

perfect situation for russ is with POP.. he would turn him into parker on steroids

That would mean Russ having to: play team defense, not crash the offensive boards madly leading to leak outs. Take smart shots. Takes care of the ball. Move the ball, even if it doesn't mean getting an assist. Play disciplined and still reckless (a la manu). Trust his teammates.

Playing for Pop....would have Russ averaging 23/7/7. That's not fulfilling for Russ because.....no triple doubles.

Russ will pass on that easily :lol:.

He is a GREAT playmaker, but that didn't happen until MDA came into the picture.
No. Harden's been a devastating pick and roll player for years. The elite court vision has been there.

Maybe I'm wrong though, maybe D'Antoni could make Russ into the ultimate PG.  That would be something to see.

Nash was a primarily a shooter/scorer in Dallas, people forget that.

It'll never work. Russ is just too stubborn and set in his ways.

I honestly believe he'd rather average a triple double for the rest of his career than win an NBA championship. I don't blame KD one bit for leaving him. I'd do it too.

As far as it seems, he's under contract next year and has the opt out option for the following year

Dude could still leave after everyone praised him for staying lol
It would be so amazing if he went to the Spurs.

Sets up the ultimate Western Conference battle every year and we get to see that pathetic Thunder franchise shrivel up and blow away like tumbleweed.

mo will made a great point last night though. i bet russ wants to be coached. but it takes a strong minded, respect earned coach. pop would have russ looking sick. so would D'Antoni.

i'd love for russ to go to san an. but he's have to understand ahead of time that pretty much all of his numbers would come down for the betterment of that system. like LMA

perfect situation for russ is with POP.. he would turn him into parker on steroids
That would mean Russ having to: play team defense, not crash the offensive boards madly leading to leak outs. Take smart shots. Takes care of the ball. Move the ball, even if it doesn't mean getting an assist. Play disciplined and still reckless (a la manu). Trust his teammates.

Playing for Pop....would have Russ averaging 23/7/7. That's not fulfilling for Russ because.....no triple doubles.

Russ will pass on that easily
laugh.gif
2015, KD got injured.. and then there is this year:

http://www.espn.com/nba/player/stats/_/id/3468/russell-westbrook

Sets up the ultimate Western Conference battle every year and we get to see that pathetic Thunder franchise shrivel up and blow away like tumbleweed.

Maybe it could work, because Kawhi isn't so outspoken and forward. But don't you think Russ would have a issue having to sacrifice his game? He's never shown a keen interest to doing it thus far.

Russ wont leave OKC, he has it made for himself there. He'll get to do what he likes to to do best, which is whatever he wants as long as he has the ball in his hands the entire game. And no matter how many times he ends up losing because of it his fan base will defend him his entire career because stats.

Last edited:
Reactions: OTG

Maybe it could work, because Kawhi isn't so outspoken and forward. But don't you think Russ would have a issue having to sacrifice his game? He's never shown a keen interest to doing it thus far.
2015, KD got injured.. and then there is this year:

http://www.espn.com/nba/player/stats/_/id/3468/russell-westbrook

I honestly have no idea.  This is his first season benefitting from all of this individual attention.  Maybe the bloom will be off the rose soon and he'll want to win + be more amenable playing in a team system.

Last edited:
Maybe I'm wrong though, maybe D'Antoni could make Russ into the ultimate PG.  That would be something to see.

Nash was a primarily a shooter/scorer in Dallas, people forget that.

It'll never work. Russ is just too stubborn and set in his ways.

I honestly believe he'd rather average a triple double for the rest of his career than win an NBA championship. I don't blame KD one bit for leaving him. I'd do it too.
but based on what are you making that assessment? you don't actually know that to be fact. Just thinking it based on what he has had as direction and been asked to do. Pop would ask him of different things.

Remember the early growing pains kd had at gsw. The early part of the season he would still settle and go iso until draymond yelled at him and let him know that THAT is not a go and that's not how they play there. Dude adjusted and they flourished. Russ has been the alpha even over his coaches and they bend to him. Pop wouldn't. And he'd come in respecting pop. I really do believe this dude wants to win. You don't play that hard and get that upset after having a big night and taking the L if you care about just the stats. He just needs to proper direction to learn how to win. and also the personnel.

Didn't he come off the bench for Team USA with EG? Mike Szcz and CoLangelo and Kids and then had nothing but glowing things to say.

And TP didn't exactly play much defense his Spurs tenure. And he certainly wasn't much of a set up guy.

But what PG or player at any position would you 1 for 1 swap Russ out with this Thunder team and win this series?

Last edited:
Mo will said Lebron wanted and wants to be coached. And he believes Russ does too. It just takes a better coach to actually command them. Pop would be that guy.

or he should go to houston and be the 2 guard :nerd:

No. Harden's been a devastating pick and roll player for years. The elite court vision has been there.

I LOVE how this narrative changed so quickly... in OKC he was a playmaker, first few years on the rockets he was labeled a inefficient chucker... now he has magic like basketball IQ :lol:

I LOVE how this narrative changed so quickly... in OKC he was a playmaker, first few years on the rockets he was labeled a inefficient chucker... now he has magic like basketball IQ :lol:

well he couldn't run pnr when he first got to housotn because dwight hated pnr and was unwilling to ever set picks.

From demanding post ups from one of the great PGs of our time to getting outplayed by Marcin Gortat, who was losing minutes to Ian Mahinmi

Life, man. It doesn't wait for anyone

I LOVE how this narrative changed so quickly... in OKC he was a playmaker, first few years on the rockets he was labeled a inefficient chucker... now he has magic like basketball IQ
laugh.gif
I think this is accurate though, lol. In Houston he was THE guy, which is what he wanted so his style of play definitely changed. Evolved as a scorer, and now that MDA is here, he's being reeled back in and more refined as an overall player. He's always had high IQ though, that's not even a question

He's went through phases as a passer but remained the same in terms of his smarts. I don't think Harden was an inefficient chucker, more so got away from making his teammates better...

Last edited:

I LOVE how this narrative changed so quickly... in OKC he was a playmaker, first few years on the rockets he was labeled a inefficient chucker... now he has magic like basketball IQ
laugh.gif
it's not technically wrong.. but you can tell who really don't know what the hell they're talking about..

brooks was forced to give harden control of the 2nd unit his last year in OKC because eric maynor got hurt.. which was also the primary reason why harden averaged over 30 mins per for the first and only time with OKC

a lot of convenient conversation going about: brooks, westbrook, harden and KD.. hell even ibaka

aint hard to figure out who legit watched what was going on back then.. and who all of sudden decided to pick up and have an opinion like they're on first take or whatever skip's show is called

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom