2017 NBA Playoffs Thread - CLE @ BOS Game 5 on TNT

Status
Not open for further replies.
They need to send Roberson to a sports psychologist or something. There's no way he shoots 3/21 on free throws in practice.

That spotlight makes him shrivel up. He's gotta overcome that.

Dude must be having visions of the Rockets bench dying of laughter each time he shoots FT's :lol:
:lol: he looked petrified man.

I'm not sure how we can still give Westbrook a pass after this season.
Games 2-5 they got outscored by 50 when he was on the bench. That's on Presti and Donovan.

Blake going back to Oklahoma to join Russ.

Doc gotta be gone too if the jazz win this series.

It's not like they fare much better when he's off the court :lol:

Read that he was out of the game for 6 minutes last night and in that time,they got outscored 27-9 :rofl: :x

Last edited:

Read that he was out of the game for 6 minutes last night and in that time,they got outscore 27-9 :rofl: :x

Well, if they are used to standing around for 34 mins per game, you honestly expect them to be able to flip that switch for the other 14 minutes? Nah, doesn't work that way

This, "Russ has bums for teammates" narrative HAS to stop. They aren't bums, he just doesn't bring out the best in them.

Oladipo shot 9-43 from the floor in the road games. He had more fouls than shots made.

Roberson shooting 3/21 from the free throw.

They lost games 2, 4, & 5 by a combined 14 points. The team was -50 w/ Russ resting in those games.

I mean the guy was far from perfect, but the team had major major holes elsewhere.

I always thought a player should bring out the best in himself. Yeah a superstar can help but when your superstar rests for 6 minutes and you're immediately outscored some 27-9 I'm not sure what he can do.

The thing is, I don't believe they are bums at all though.

Remember the progress Steve Adams made in the playoffs/end of season last year? What did we all think coming into this year? He can possibly break that Top 5 Centers list pretty soon. His progression has halted this season for sure.

Oladipo is sitting out there taking close to 7 3's a game. Damn sure isn't his game. (I never liked that signing in the first place because of how similar he and RW were).

Kanter is a bucket getter.

They need more shooting for sure, but I don't view his supporting cast as bums by any stretch.

The GOAT didn't bring out the best in his teammates until he did
So you are saying give RW time to figure it out?

If so, hopefully he does. I want him to evolve his game because that athleticism will fade and what will he be left with?

I hope he figures it out.

Either way, this was a special season for dude man.

Read that he was out of the game for 6 minutes last night and in that time,they got outscored 27-9 :rofl: :x
For real.
Teams that are out of the playoff race gets the whole starting units rested down the stretch and the back ups hang with Clevelands and GSW's but, you take Russ out for 5minutes against any team on Earth, and they get out scored. Against any team any roster.

It's not because "Russ doesn't bring the best out of them".

It's simple if you Math Basketball, the team is built wrong, And we all know why, we just forget, conveniently in this case.

Last edited:
Vic would have been fine if Durant stayed

Without Durant, Vic is forced to be in a role he's not suited for and is forced to do way too much

For real.
Teams that are out of the playoff race gets the whole starting units rested down the stretch and the back ups for Brooklyn hand with Clevelands and GSW's but, you take Russ out for 5minutes against any team on Earth, and they get out scored.

It's not because "Russ doesn't bring the best out of them".

It's simple if you Math Basketball, the team is built wrong, And we all know why, we just forget, conveniently in this case.
I see what you are trying to say here but This is where we disagree.

If players never really get their mojo WHILE he is in the game, why are we expecting them to do anything when he is out of the game.

I feel if he did a better job of getting everyone involved (just getting Iverson assists doesn't count), they would have more confidence/reps to NOT produce such a drop-off when he isn't there.

The team IS built wrong but he also doesn't bring out the best in his teammates.

Both theories can be true at the same time

Games 2-5 they got outscored by 50 when he was on the bench. That's on Presti and Donovan.
It's on Westbrook too, considering he literally lost them the last 3 games and almost cost them Game 3.  He has Kanter and 2 other solid post players in Adams/Gibson, a good two way player in Oladipo, solid shooters in Abrines and McDermott...there's no reason he or Donovan should be allowed to go full iso ball like he did. 

If you put Kevin Durant on this same OKC team...do the role players magically become better shooters?
There is no way for us to know.

They would also not be asked to be in the game without ONE of them present (If the rest minutes given to KD/RW were staggered).

It's on Westbrook too, considering he literally lost them the last 3 games and almost cost them Game 3.  He has Kanter and 2 other solid post players in Adams/Gibson, a good two way player in Oladipo, solid shooters in Abrines and McDermott...there's no reason he or Donovan should be allowed to go full iso ball like he did. 
Why do we keep saying players shouldn't be "allowed" to do certain things. If a star player WANTS to do something, he is going to do it.

What is Coach Donovan going to do? Bench him? Coach has zero leverage.

This is the same thing yall did with Coach Brooks. Yall blamed HIM for Super ISO Ball. Nah, those dudes did what they wanted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom