2017 NBA Playoffs Thread - CLE @ BOS Game 5 on TNT

Status
Not open for further replies.
true but bron accomplished way more in his first 7 years than curry.
I don't dislike Curry at all but it's pretty obvious to see why someone would, and it isn't cause he's lightskin.

What did Bron do that Burry didn't info his first 7 years?

This is year 8 for Steph. 1st 7 seasons 2x MVP (1st ever unanimous), scoring champ, title.

Bron 1st 7 seasons: 2x MVP, scoring champ. No title.

Breaking 3 points record and errrthanggg... it's because Steph is lightskin. I don't know why y'all denying it.

I remember this.

Grown men hating on another grown man for doing well. "I'm happy for you as long as you ain't doing better than me."
extremely ironic coming from you :lol:
part of the reason you hate Bron is because he had a 100M bag from Nike straight out of HS
it's quiet for you

http://www.houstonchronicle.com/spo...s-Kawhi-Leonard-a-pass-from-high-11131117.php

"There are some people who are frustrated Kawhi has gotten as much love as he has," Windhorst said. "It's not just LeBron, actually. There's other top players who feel the same way."

Not really what the article is about but the above quote caught my attention. Either the media lying or Bron petty asf.

Bron def hates Kawhi.

lebronkawhi.gif

every good player in history is hated on but Steph is hated on because he's lightskin not because he's good?
see how ridiculous that sounds :lol:

What did Bron do that Burry didn't info his first 7 years?

This is year 8 for Steph. 1st 7 seasons 2x MVP (1st ever unanimous), scoring champ, title.

Bron 1st 7 seasons: 2x MVP, scoring champ. No title.
Bron had almost 4k more points 2k more rebounds and 600 more assists = Steph missed majority of the 2011-12 season + no playoffs runs early
Steph won a ring that Bron didn't have but Steph wasn't FMVP = Steph still won
Bron taking the 07 Cavs to the Finals is also impressive too = Steph went to 2 Finals
Plus Steph has had better rosters = That Steph fault because?

Last edited:
every good player in history is hated on but Steph is hated on because he's lightskin not because he's good?
see how ridiculous that sounds :lol:

That's not the sole reason. Don't be this disingenuous and reduce it to solely that. But it IS a factor. Not the fact that he's "light skin"....it's the fact that he's perceived as privileged, soft, babied....and the idea that he benefits from this NBA, and wouldn't be able to play in previous years.

Every player gets hate. It comes with the territory....but there is always an effort by Steph's contemporaries and players of the past to reduce or discredit what he's accomplished.

http://www.houstonchronicle.com/spo...s-Kawhi-Leonard-a-pass-from-high-11131117.php

"There are some people who are frustrated Kawhi has gotten as much love as he has," Windhorst said. "It's not just LeBron, actually. There's other top players who feel the same way."

Not really what the article is about but the above quote caught my attention. Either the media lying or Bron petty asf.

Bron def hates Kawhi.

lebronkawhi.gif

This gif never gets old :lol:

Kawhi is definitely elite player! The man that took down the Heat Dynasty and won Finals MVP with back 2 back DPOY.

Bron had almost 4k more points 2k more rebounds and 600 more assists
Steph won a ring that Bron didn't have but Steph wasn't FMVP
Bron taking the 07 Cavs to the Finals is also impressive too
Plus Steph has had better rosters

I would hope Bron would have better stats considering the bevy of injuries Steph sustained his first few years in the league. But even those statistical differences don't really mean much when looking at the accolades. Steph is ahead of where Bron was at the same juncture of his career, especially when he gets another chip this year. KD is more of an apt comparison.

extremely ironic coming from you
laugh.gif

part of the reason you hate Bron is because he had a 100M bag from Nike straight out of HS
it's quiet for you
Again, never said I hated Lebron. Society got you fooled if you think a teenager deserves 90 milly straight out of HS.

Hold tight to your hero though

Bron had almost 4k more points 2k more rebounds and 600 more assists
Steph won a ring that Bron didn't have but Steph wasn't FMVP
Bron taking the 07 Cavs to the Finals is also impressive too
Plus Steph has had better rosters

I would hope Bron would have better stats considering the bevy of injuries Steph sustained his first few years in the league. But even those statistical differences don't really mean much when looking at the accolades. Steph is ahead of where Bron was at the same juncture of his career, especially when he gets another chip this year. KD is more of an apt comparison.

This.

Steph was basically out more than half his 3rd season.

And better roster? Excludes Steph's last 3 years. Who did he exactly play with?

every good player in history is hated on
Sorry, but this take is absurd.

Where are these large groups of people that hate Larry Bird?  Hakeem Olajuwon?  Tim Duncan?  Clyde Drexler?  Bill Russell?  I could keep going, but my point has been made.  To claim that every good player in history is hated on is absolutely ridiculous.

Steph could win 7 chips, 5 mvps, finish with twice the amount of 3s anyone else has and shoot 50-40-90 for his career and ****** will still bring up that finals mvp going to iggy instead :lol:

Bron: 6x all star 2x all defensive 1st team 4x all nba first team 2x all nba second team rookie of the year
Steph: 3x all star 2x all nba second team 1x all nba second team

Steph hasn't accomplished more man. He has a ring and that's it.

and didn't you say the best ability was availability?

Last edited:

Bron: 6x all star 2x all defensive 1st team 4x all nba first team 2x all nba second team rookie of the year
Steph: 3x all star 2x all nba second team 1x all nba second team

Steph hasn't accomplished more man. He has a ring and that's it.
Isn't that why you play the game?

Comparing LeBron and Curry to start their careers lolol

What were you watching. LeBron was a force in the league at 18 years old.

Where are these large groups of people that hate Larry Bird?  Hakeem Olajuwon?  Tim Duncan?  Clyde Drexler?  Bill Russell?  I could keep going, but my point has been made.  To claim that every good player in history is hated on is absolutely ridiculous.

Clyde doesn't belong with this group.

Are you really comparing those times to a time where everyone has social media and an opinion, a time where people root for someone to lose just so they can share the first wave of memes?

Last edited:

every good player in history is hated on

I remember my dad telling me people HATED Bird with a passion 
laugh.gif

Clyde doesn't belong with this group.
Clyde wasnt a good player?  Because that was the idiotic point he was trying to say.  "Every good player in history is hated on" which, obviously, is not true.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom