2017 NBA Playoffs Thread - CLE @ BOS Game 5 on TNT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Making it to 7 consecutive finals in the history of any sport, in any context, is impressive no matter what way you look at it. The only reason it doesnt seem impressive to yall is because its LeBron.

Of course winning 7 consecutive Finals would be even more impressive.

Last edited:
Boston. Vs wash. I just want this series to end. What a waste of time.
I just want to see Cavs vs warriors already to be honest.

Not Bron fault these boys can't box with the God

East got just as many good players as out West

It's been rings culture forever yet now we gotta change the rules for Bron. Just like he gets excuses none of the other greats are allowed to have.

Right. It's just so illogical.

Someone should let LeBron know he should throw the ECF on purpose. Otherwise his legacy is ruined.

Again I don't remember anyone Critical of LeBron when he said that. It's almost like People think differently and have different opinions. Who knew.

And I agree with you by the way.
Look at the full quote, man.
Well, of course you question it, especially when you get to this point. I always look at it would I rather not make the playoffs or lose in The Finals? I don't know. I don't know. I've missed the playoffs twice. I lost in The Finals four times. I'm almost starting to be like I'd rather not even make the playoffs than to lose in The Finals. It would hurt a lot easier if I just didn't make the playoffs and I didn't have a shot at it. But then I lock back in and I start thinking about how fun it is to compete during the playoffs and the first round, the second round, and Eastern Conference Finals. If I'm lucky enough to get here again, it will be fun to do it. But put my body through a lot, you know, but it's the price for your body feeling this way for winning. Did I win? I didn't win a championship, but I've done a lot of good things in this first year back, and hopefully I can continue it.
He was speaking as someone who exhausted himself and was bitterly disappointed right after a loss. He's not saying he's a worse basketball player for advancing further.

Look at the full quote, man.

He was speaking as someone who exhausted himself and was bitterly disappointed right after a loss. He's not saying he's a worse basketball player for advancing further.
touche '

who really argues he's a worse basketball player for advancing further tho. Besides like 2 dudes

Last edited:
So, a finals appearance>a finals win? Because that's essentially what you guys are saying. The same way making 7 straight is impressive so is NEVER losing when you do get there. If I have a couple less appearances yet I have no losses, how is that worse than you having half the wins I do? And how is it worse to lose when you get there than to lose in the first round? I don't understand why people can't account for nuance in their argument and use this stupid black/white logic for every argument

Last edited:
So, a finals appearance>a finals win? Because that's essentially what you guys are saying.
No. Who said this? We're talking about losing in the Finals somehow being this big bad black mark... compared to losing in the 1st or 2nd round which is fine.

Ring culture but no one advocating B Russell and his 11 in 13 seasons. The reason Lebbys finals record is brought up is because if not how would his career be questioned otherwise. Like Rickey Bobby "If you're not first you're last" and those losses remove him from GOAT talk but his overall body of work makes him an all time great

Is Bron the greatest player y'all ever seen?

I'm 26. Not gunna front like I watched MJ's career. One of my first basketball memories is watching him hit the shot over Russell.

So to answer your question, yes. From rookie year to when he eventually retires, Lebron is the best player I've seen. It's not particularly close either.

Last edited:

Absolutely. 
sick.gif

lebron is easily the greatest athlete of my life time.....born in 88'.

hate all you want but he literally makes it look easy. his weakest highlight is the ALL time highlight of another player.

this guy will be doing stuff at 38 years old that lavine and wiggins cant do today. rns .

Ring culture but no one advocating B Russell and his 11 in 13 seasons. The reason Lebbys finals record is brought up is because if not how would his career be questioned otherwise. Like Rickey Bobby "If you're not first you're last" and those losses remove him from GOAT talk but his overall body of work makes him an all time great

People talk about Russell all the time, more old heads but that was definitely a different time with their only being 8 teams in the league. But he's still an all time great top 10 because those accomplishments can't be ignored.

they can be ignored when the NBA was a JOKE before the 80's.......bruh i watch videos and i can not respect anyone that takes basketball serious before magic and bird came in .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom