2017 NFL off-season thread / We have moved threads, mod please lock!

Does NickFolarin want to be a Lion fan again?

• Yes, too bad he can't go back

• No, he will wear his Bortles jersey with pride (but really shame)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's been a few days since the draft and I just don't see how my team isn't all in on the tank job for at least a year.

How we take a project qb in the 1st and a project TE in the 2nd then draft a dude that had a broke leg last year and tore his ACL in 2014 and a ****** 5'9 rb that can catch the ball while doing back flips.

It was no way I seen us going anything better then 3-13 this up coming season anyways now I'm sick that we didn't get the best guys or trade back for more picks.

I wouldn't have faulted the Bears if they took Mitch at #3 but that trade up is one of the most baffling draft days moves in history after learning they weren't competing against anyone

Last edited:
Just saw on our subreddit that Tanoh Kpassagnon is an anagram for "Gonna shank pat so". Either we are losing our QBOTF, or week 1 is gonna be glorious :nerd:

I wouldn't have faulted the Bears if they took Mitch at #3 but that trade up is one of the most baffling draft days moves in history after learning they weren't competing against anyone

yeah. the only logical explanation is that the smoke screens that the niners threw out about potentially taking Mitch really made them worry. they had to have bit on that hard

"Doesn't say nice things about my QB? Must be because he's a trash reporter" - NT Logic

:lol: not really. I thought Carr wasn't very good his first year and criticism was warranted (a lot of dink and dunks, I didn't see that much potential). A lot of that had to do with his supporting players (his best weapon was James Jones) & terrible coaching staff (S/O to Greg Olson bum ***). But now Carr has an oline, receivers and a better running game, yet Cian is still dying on that Carr isn't good, he doesn't throw deep, he's not a top 15 QB hill.

That's trash I'm sorry. Carr has proven himself in the last 2 years. Cian still doesn't have him in the top 10-15. **** him :lol:

Last edited:

yeah. the only logical explanation is that the smoke screens that the niners threw out about potentially taking Mitch really made them worry. they had to have bit on that hard

Agreed, but I still think Mitch at 3 would have been questionable, unless the made it clear he wouldn't have a chance to start until 2018, or if Glennon went down with an injury.

it was more then just that it was the fact that they could take him or trade the pick to somebody that could take him, so I can understand that thinking.

But my problem is the fact that we signed a QB and don't even give him a chance this **** was dumb. If you knew you was gone go after a QB in the draft this year don't sign a ******* QB keep the ones we had last year and draft and let him sit behind them until he ready. Now before people say our QB is just a bridge then at least make sure the QB is a good one damn.

We'll be in the same spot next year if not higher with from all accounts a better QB class. Take the best player or trade back and play the year out with your qb if he isn't a long term QB draft one next year

Carr can be a bottom half QB in the eyes of all NFL analysts, changes nothing about what happens on the field. So long as he continues to play at the level he has the past couple of seasons and get even better from there I'll be happy.

Jeff Howe‏ @jeffphowe 32s32 seconds ago
Pats gave Harvey Langi $100k in guaranteed base salary. No other UDFA in the NFL has gotten more than $30k guaranteed base salary in '17.

anyone know anything on this dude? supposedly if we had a 7th round pick, we would have taken him there. but clearly we want him badly :lol:

Speedy Noil is still a UDFA

Dude was a Top 10th recruit in 2014
my guy from SC State still available too
Did he really enter the draft? 
sick.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom