2017 NFL Offseason Thread - jetpacunlimited enters the Witness Protection Program

Who's going to win the Super Bowl?

• New England Patriots

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kansas City Chiefs

• Dallas Cowboys

• Atlanta Falcons

• Detroit Lions

• Seattle Seahawks

• New York Giants

• Green Bay Packers

• Miami Dolphins

• Pittsburgh Steelers

• Oakland Raiders

• Houston Texans

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually experienced my first live game last week when ATL beat NO. I'm in Army stationed at Fort Benning and as a Falcons fan I was too stoked to go when my unit asked for volunteers to go. Even better part is that I found out that my unit got tickets for the game vs. the Seahawks this Saturday and I get to go again
smokin.gif

Game was awesome. Section I was in didn't sit once the entire game and was with a ton of fun people.

Davante catching the ball down the sideline and flexing right in front of me. The angle in which I saw Rodgers throw that rope was unbelievable.

View media item 2292758
Cobb caught that Hail Mary right under that goal post in front of me. Seeing that ball drop right over everyone from right there was unreal. Definitely the highlight of that game with how everyone reacted. Beer went flying and 70k + people were scrambling to hug anyone they could find.

That's awesome man :pimp:
It's a shame alot of this thread thinks that NFL games suck live

That's because some of the stadiums/atmosphere does suck. I think a lot depends on how close to the field you sit as well. They appear much faster the closer you are to the field.

I am a loose cannon right now
mean.gif

I am out
pimp.gif

Game was awesome. Section I was in didn't sit once the entire game and was with a ton of fun people.

Davante catching the ball down the sideline and flexing right in front of me. The angle in which I saw Rodgers throw that rope was unbelievable.

Cobb caught that Hail Mary right under that goal post in front of me. Seeing that ball drop right over everyone from right there was unreal. Definitely the highlight of that game with how everyone reacted. Beer went flying and 70k + people were scrambling to hug anyone they could find.
That's awesome man
pimp.gif

Going to road games and talkin' that talk >>>>

Been to a couple nfl games With good seats. Would not go to one again.
Props to you who would go in freezing cold weather. Guess I'm not as big a fan as some folks but you couldn't pay me enough to go to a football game in ice cold weather.
Rather watch football in the comfort of my home with a better view.

Last edited:

Nah, went to Packers @ Minnesota home opener this year and it was exhausting dealing with people that bitter. The **** i had to deal with. Feels good to see where both teams are currently at though.

Last edited:
That's because some of the stadiums/atmosphere does suck. I think a lot depends on how close to the field you sit as well. They appear much faster the closer you are to the field.

All of this. I've been to Gillette, NRG and AT&T Stadium and AT&T was by far the worst atmosphere at that time (2015 season). The crowd was not into the game at all and it seemed like depending on where you sat, your eyes gravitated towards the gigantic screen instead of the field.

The games I've been to at Gillette and NRG were lit. Going to Lambeau is on my list of stadiums to visit for sure.

I am a loose cannon right now :smh:

I am out

:pimp:

That's awesome man :pimp:

you would know

Nah, went to Packers @ Minnesota home opener this year and it was exhausting dealing with people that bitter.

Agreed, road games are not as fun as home games. Being around fellow fans >>

You go to a road game and you might have to deal with that one guy who got way too drunk and decides it would be fun to call you a f***** for 3 and a half hours.

Haven't had a chance to go to Houston yet for a game.

Been to jets / Giants games where dudes cursing at me for no reason with beer muscles :smh:

Had some dude tell me at me to take my Mexican *** back to Houston.

Yelled back im Puerto Rican and live 10 mins away.

He didn't know how to reapond :lol:

Fans calling in saying we gotta get rid of Eli and ODB. Hahahaha, what a ******* joke. Send ODB to GB today so he can get his ring. Send Eli to Houston so he can have a warm retirement in an awful division. Giants fans are ******* fools.

That's awesome man
pimp.gif

Who thinks that?
live games are an experience.. but you gotta look at it like that.. go all out, go tailgate and all that jazz and enjoy the environment

but if you to watch the actual game, you cant really see shht no matter where your seats are (you can see what's happening in front of you but that's it).. even if you're on the field you can see what's right in front of you..

like I'll usually go to at least a dolphins or canes game every year or every other year, but I don't really care about either that much.. I've seen a couple eagles games already, ive knocked that of my 'to do' list

if the eagles are playing I want to be home on my couch with my nice HD tv and no one bothering me

You go to a road game and you might have to deal with that one guy who got way too drunk and decides it would be fun to call you a f***** for 3 and a half hours.

Agreed. There's always that one guy. :smh:
I don't mess with road games unless I'm plugged in the city it's in.
I've had a better time with college road games than NFL.
Auburn fans>>>>>> Super hospitable. Town is way too tame for me though.

When I want to laugh, I'll tune into AM 560 (Le Batard works for 790 The Ticket, 560's main competitor) to hear Omar Kelly and his stans give their opinions about the Dolphins.

I am a loose cannon right now
mean.gif

I am out
pimp.gif

That's awesome man
pimp.gif

you would know

roll.gif

In no scenario am I swinging over football trash talk... 

Nah, went to Packers @ Minnesota home opener this year and it was exhausting dealing with people that bitter.

I don't know how you guys carry yourself's, but nobodies gonna bully and/or call me names for 3.5 hrs anywhere. I've been going to road games for years and have never had a bad experience.

Last edited:
Fans calling in saying we gotta get rid of Eli and ODB. Hahahaha, what a ******* joke. Send ODB to GB today so he can get his ring. Send Eli to Houston so he can have a warm retirement in an awful division. Giants fans are ******* fools.

We've been saying this.

I totally disagree with this.  Most of the time, I think it is much better from a viewing perspective to be further back. 

No offense to @Jay02  , as sitting anywhere and being a Packer fan yesterday would have been awesome.  But I would much prefer a view like this:

than where he sat.  Tried to find a pic that had a similar angle as his seats.  But yeah, I prefer to be higher.  Much better view of the entire field to see everything that takes place.  Just my opinion though.

That's awesome.

How much were those seats? When I went out to GB in 2010 I was surprised by how reasonably seats were priced... I was 20 rows up from the field and they were $110-120 range.  You cant park for that much at Metlife...
With $100 in fees through some seller via seat geek they came out to $150 a person. They were 5th row.

You may not have seen what I said yesterday with the way the thread moved but i mentioned there was so many seats open to the public because the season ticket holders didnt reserve them like they usually do because they thought we weren't gonna make the playoffs. I somehow got these tickets the night before the game. Gotta be an anomaly. 5 minutes after we got to our seats we heard someone else say how the hell did we get these seats so cheap.

$110-120 for 20th row seems like a great deal to me as well. Face value for those was probably around $90 at that time.
God damn.

I gotta make more trips out there... Too bad the flight situation to GB sucks... I don't think a direct flight to Appleton exists from any airport within 200 mi from here.

I know one guy that went out from NYC to the game... not sure how much his total trip was though. Trying to find out for future reference.

My trip in 2010 wasn't bad. Maybe $300 for plane tickets and $110 for game tickets and then only $79/night at the Hampton Inn when I worked for Hilton made it pretty affordable.

I'd rather watch NFL from a bar or my couch

College football live > NFL live

but Lambeau is a bucket list event for me

I've never been to a road NFL game. I've been to a bunch of road college games though and they've all been a great time. My dad didn't know what to expect when I took him to a road game for the first time this season. Asked me if I was ready to fight if needed when we were walking though wsu campus. I was like what? And than somebody invited us to their tailgate and he looked at me like damn nevermind these guys are cool :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom