2017 NFL Offseason Thread - jetpacunlimited enters the Witness Protection Program

Who's going to win the Super Bowl?

• New England Patriots

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kansas City Chiefs

• Dallas Cowboys

• Atlanta Falcons

• Detroit Lions

• Seattle Seahawks

• New York Giants

• Green Bay Packers

• Miami Dolphins

• Pittsburgh Steelers

• Oakland Raiders

• Houston Texans

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
No love for the OG Bow Wow movie? 
Like_Mike_poster.jpg

CO6fIH3W8AAxWfX.jpg

madj55 madj55 @The Collector

:nerd:

No one is more plugged in w/ the Shanahan's than Schefter.
Interesting. His dad will probably be the GM too.

I think SF is a real possibility for Kirk. Never thought about his dad being the GM. If that's the case, and with Kyle being the HC, I think there's a VERY good chance that Kirk ends up a 49er. Mike S. has done nothing but talk him up since he was let go by the Skins. I just wonder if they'd be bold enough, and also believe in Kirk enough, to put the #2 overall on the table in trade talks.

That being said, if the Skins let him go to the 49ers, McCloughan better have a viable plan B at quarterback. Colt McCoy ain't it. Maybe he tries some sort of reclamation project and takes a flyer on a guy like Jay Cutler, but I just don't know.

Right now, there's no OC, no DC, and the QB position is in limbo.

Also, IMO, there is no QB worthy of the #2 overall selection that's going to make an immediate impact.

I wonder what the 9ers would give up for him thou..

and kirk is a guy you need to surround with weapons (this applies to all QBs obviously.. but some guys can make more out of less).. he can succeed in the right situation.. but I don't think the 9ers are it

just an example of my point, I don't think Montana is as successful as Elway was in the 80s if he's on those broncos teams

Last edited:
I think SF is a real possibility for Kirk. Never thought about his dad being the GM. If that's the case, and with Kyle being the HC, I think there's a VERY good chance that Kirk ends up a 49er. Mike S. has done nothing but talk him up since he was let go by the Skins. I just wonder if they'd be bold enough, and also believe in Kirk enough, to put the #2 overall on the table in trade talks.

That being said, if the Skins let him go to the 49ers, McCloughan better have a viable plan B at quarterback. Colt McCoy ain't it. Maybe he tries some sort of reclamation project and takes a flyer on a guy like Jay Cutler, but I just don't know.

Also, IMO, there is no QB worthy of the #2 overall selection that's going to make an immediate impact.
No to Cutler. I'd entertain Tyrod or Glennon if he's available.

I would absolutely trade Cousins for the #2 pick if he has no intention of staying long-term. If they could get their 1st and another pick, the Skins could draft an impact defender #2 overall and take a QB with the #17 pick.

I wonder what the 9ers would give up for him thou..

and kirk is a guy you need to surround with weapons (this applies to all QBs obviously.. but some guys can make more out of less).. he can succeed in the right situation.. but I don't think the 9ers are it

just an example of my point, I don't think Montana is as successful as Elway was in the 80s if he's on those broncos teams

Kirk was afforded the luxury of having some explosive playmakers on offense over the past two seasons. 49ers certainly won't be on the Skins level in that regard. We'll have to see if the Shanahan's TRULY believe in Kirk, or if he was just a byproduct of Gruden/McVay's system.

He played like a top-10 QB this year, but he wasn't without his warts. I'm still in the camp of making sure he's signed long term...but that 2nd overall pick, which would most certainly be used to get a defensive player (Allen//Garrett), could change things.

No to Cutler. I'd entertain Tyrod or Glennon if he's available.

I would absolutely trade Cousins for the #2 pick if he has no intention of staying long-term. If they could get their 1st and another pick, the Skins could draft an impact defender #2 overall and take a QB with the #17 pick.

Glennon is a local kid, so I could see the Skins being an enticing spot for him. I honestly don't want anything to do with Cutler either.

If they can somehow get the #2 overall for Kirk, I'd go defense (Allen/Garrett.) Then with the #17, try to trade back...assuming Foster is off the board. I wouldn't take on a developmental QB at 17 with Sudfeld already on the roster.

Kirk was afforded the luxury of having some explosive playmakers on offense over the past two seasons. 49ers certainly won't be on the Skins level in that regard. We'll have to see if the Shanahan's TRULY believe in Kirk, or if he was just a byproduct of Gruden/McVay's system.

He played like a top-10 QB this year, but he wasn't without his warts. I'm still in the camp of making sure he's signed long term...but that 2nd overall pick, which would most certainly be used to get a defensive player (Allen//Garrett), could change things.

Then what's the answer at QB?

Nm I see your answer. Dk if there's any impact players in the draft worth giving up Kirk for. He's not elite, but he's good enough for a Flacco type run

Last edited:
I mean dude had:

desean, garcon, crowder and doctson at WR

reed, VD was decent last year and niles paul when healthy

and Chris Thompson was a good 3rd down receiving back

9ers aint matching that

if 9ers offer the 34th pick, would you guys take it?

hard for me to see them trading the 2nd overall.. I could see a alex smith type deal (two 2nds)

Last edited:

Then what's the answer at QB?

hiv0vd35spmiepnryzgp.gif

:lol:

But honestly, I just don't know. Weird situation....

I mean dude had:

desean, garcon, crowder and doctson at WR

reed, VD was decent last year and niles paul when healthy

and Chris Thompson was a good 3rd down receiving back

9ers aint matching that

if 9ers offer the 34th pick, would you guys take it?

hard for me to see them trading the 2nd overall.. I could see a alex smith type deal (two 2nds)

I think Cousins value as a starter for the Skins > 34th pick.

I'd personally so no to that...

so if they offer the 34th pick + a 2018 2nd (the alex smith/matt cassel trades), yall wouldn't want it?

so if they offer the 34th pick + a 2018 2nd (the alex smith/matt cassel trades), yall wouldn't want it?

Well, now the pot has just been sweetened. I'd be hard pressed to say no to that, but I really believe that if a trade w/ the 49ers is in the works, a first would have to be coming to DC.

Obviously a lot of this hinges on who Kirk's replacement will be. There really isn't any point in drafting a QB, because the Skins used their 6th round pick last year on Nate Sudfeld. Sudfeld, who's that? I couldn't tell you much about him other than they kept him on the roster...so someone sees something worth developing in him.

Not really sure who's out there in FA that would be a good candidate to start for the Skins next year....Hoyer? Fitzpatrick? Glennon? Gabbert? Yuck.

I don't think Kirk is worth the 2nd overall pick.

Prob picks 20-32 or like someone stated 2 2nds if that's your choice.

Kirk was in a way better situation this season, him going to the 49ers is a step back.

Then the skins are pretty much saying ok, let's rebuild ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom