2017 NIKE NFL Apparel, Footwear & Jerseys

I honestly believe all the teams and owners/fans will see the attention the seahawks are getting and say hey "hmmmm maybe we should let nike take control and get the attention on us"

For a team like Jacksonville, Panthers, Saints,  Texans, or Titans this woulda been a excellent time to do that.....

I can understand teams like the Bears, Raiders, Packers, Browns and so on not changing there uniforms.......if you ask me they dont need to change

and JERRY JONES please pull the trigger in making the Cowboys jersey set to either royal blue or navy blue not 5 different shades of blue in one uni

Originally Posted by CLU713

texans jersey 
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

I hate that thick %@# neck collar.  I was thinking of copping a jersey this year but I'm going to wait till next and hope they do a complete jersey makeover.  We've had the same look since the day we came into the league.

PleaseSayTheBaby23 wrote

and JERRY JONES please pull the trigger in making the Cowboys jersey set to either royal blue or navy blue not 5 different shades of blue in one uni

This don't get why the uniform can't be one shade of blue if you not going to do anything else.

The Jags owner has said that the Jags unis will lead the way and get an overhaul for next season.

Originally Posted by PleaseSayTheBaby23

I honestly believe all the teams and owners/fans will see the attention the seahawks are getting and say hey "hmmmm maybe we should let nike take control and get the attention on us"

For a team like Jacksonville, Panthers, Saints,  Texans, or Titans this woulda been a excellent time to do that.....

I can understand teams like the Bears, Raiders, Packers, Browns and so on not changing there uniforms.......if you ask me they dont need to change

I 100% agree with you that the teams that are not steeped in tradition will be looking at the fan reaction to the seahawks and the sales numbers that seahawks gear brings in. I also think that some of the traditional teams who are opposed to changing their jerseys (Raiders, Packers, Browns) might make an alternate uniform that is worn once a year and that way, they can appeal to the younger crowd while still keeping their traditional uniforms and not alienating the fan-base who love the uniforms the way they are.
Think of a Raiders uniform with a black helmet, grey jersey, grey pants.  That would be dope to see once a year.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-videos/09000d5d8280e669/Nike-how-we-work?continuous=true
Here is a link to a video about the Seahawks jerseys.  It talks about the twelfth man but does not mention feathers.  Also, I think Nike is making the official NFL socks now.

Here are some screen shots:

2961606be229115c35492c5ee2f321f1e0e8819d_r.png

I dont get how these look like feathers.

9111646de02e17563ec04ea88569ae5dd166f19c_r.png

Twelfth man on inside of the collar

3b13655d61a1eec6266413675db23f175a589d29_r.png

Socks that look like they have the vapor style wrap on the side along with the swoosh on the top of the foot.

The Seahawks jerseys are TOUGH!!!

Not a lot of changes like expected, more changes to come after this year.

Originally Posted by cutthroat

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-videos/09000d5d8280e669/Nike-how-we-work?continuous=true
Here is a link to a video about the Seahawks jerseys.  It talks about the twelfth man but does not mention feathers.  Also, I think Nike is making the official NFL socks now.

Socks that look like they have the vapor style wrap on the side along with the swoosh on the top of the foot.
The top photo isnt suppose to resemble feathers........... They are suppose to resemble the totem pole/
I can't wait to pick up a texans elite jersey. 

I wish the texans would of had a bigger change though.

As a Raiders fan I'm just disappointed that team didn't take advantage of the Elite 51 treatment Nike had to offer. I mean they could of still stuck with traditional aesthetic and did the no Flywire option (i.e. Patriots, Chiefs, etc.) but with that said I'm probably still going to pick up an Elite this year, unless I can find a good deal on an authentic from last season. 

Just remember, if several teams get their makeover next season, they can't change again for 5 years. This isn't college where you can change whenever you want. Like someone mentioned, I like the idea of every team having one alternate with a design controlled by Nike.

Guys
As we've been saying all along ... SUBTLE changes. Details, performance enhancing. If you look at the jerseys CLOSELY you'll see A LOT of differences.

It's not the LEAGUES decision to changes things drastically. It's the TEAMS. You saw that with Seattle. You saw that with some teams that bought in a little. Some that bought in a little more.

These uniforms are leaps and bounds better than last years. BE HAPPY, CHANGE IS GOOD !!

this has probably been covered in this thread already, but wasn't vick wearing a reebok jersey today with a swoosh on it?

Originally Posted by anhuynh16

Originally Posted by cutthroat

The top photo isnt suppose to resemble feathers........... They are suppose to resemble the totem pole/
I can't wait to pick up a texans elite jersey. 

I wish the texans would of had a bigger change though.
I kinda get the totem pole, which is supposed to be vertical, like the stripe, but then why is that symbol all over the stripe on the helmets and the inside of the numbers on the jerseys?

Seahawks was the only team to have enough balls to stir things up. All the anticipation, hype, fabric used, blah blah blah is nonsense to the general consumer. Yeah we're blinded and brand loyal to Nike, but really? I was unimpressed. Then you got New Era. Trying to hit us over the head w/ $35 plus tax, Made in China inconsistent sizing fitted.

wait the "limited jersey"....is that really a limited run or is it just a way to draw hype? I was hoping to wait for a sale to get them

I actually thought the design that the Seahawks use, as a tribute to the 12th man, were totem-inspired wings.

Edit:
Nike inc's site calls them "wing icons"

Back
Top Bottom