2017 NIKE NFL Apparel, Footwear & Jerseys

That's probably true. The steelers team site usually put up the Number 1 pick in all 3 versions, and I thought Conner would be a big enough story/marketing with playing college ball here and the cancer survival that they would do it for him too. Looks like I'm going to be stuck with the screen print version, and they took down the Customize jerseys for the authentics on their site too so that's not an option right now.

Looking through again. All the Authentics and Limiteds are on sale on the team shop. 

It's down because they are switching to the vapor cut.

Sorry couldn't find anything on Google about vapor cut. Can someone please educate me? This is coming from an NFL jersey enthusiast. Thanks.

Sorry couldn't find anything on Google about vapor cut. Can someone please educate me? This is coming from an NFL jersey enthusiast. Thanks.
Going by the pictures on NDC the main thing's I noticed was that there's no long mesh panels and they look like they changed the shield/front color area

after all this vapor talk went to NDC to see the NYG stuff. looks like they switched the Limiteds to the new model.

now i cant wait to see what the Elites will look like.

Id probably rather buy the current version at 180 minus the discounts out there on NDC or team site if still available. 

Last edited:
Hey guys, completely new to the NFL jersey game so I was just wondering if there are ways to tell a jersey is legit or not. Brand is Nike by the way.

Also, how do Nike NFL jerseys run? True to size? A little big? I wear a large in Nike soccer jerseys but medium in NBA swingman jerseys.

Last edited:
Hey guys, completely new to the NFL jersey game so I was just wondering if there are ways to tell a jersey is legit or not. Brand is Nike by the way.

Also, how do Nike NFL jerseys run? True to size? A little big? I wear a large in Nike soccer jerseys but medium in NBA swingman jerseys.
The Elite from previous years, for me was big and very stiff. I havent bought a Limited or Replica since theyve changed to Nike. 

Cant help in regards to L/Cs

A large Nike XL soccer jersey is just a little snug on me, whereas a Nike XL Game/Limited or 48 Nike elite fit more comfortably on me. As far as legit checks go... if you're looking at elites. It can be a little tough just through pictures. Main things I look at are...

the location of the jock tag. A lot of fakes the jock tag is about an inch higher than it should be

the NFL shield in the neck sizing tag. It should be all clean shapes. Most fakes have a weird looking football or the curve in the shield outline is a little off.

Also look at the sticking of the nameplate. Many fakes have sloppy stitching there.

Creases in the shoulders are often an indication of being fake as well.

Have only bought limited/game jerseys through fanatics or team stores so can't help spotting fakes there. I just know most fakes are of elites. Not sure they even make knockoff limited or game jerseys.

There are Limited fakes of popular players.

A member on here helped me out with purchasing a Cam Newton alternate last year.

I've come to the conclusion that for best peace of mind just bite the bullet on price and buy from a reputable retailer. Way too many fakes of all jerseys.

Some teams are easier to distinguish fakes. For example, The Raiders numbers are never the correct material on fakes, and the Giants "NY" is often the wrong size/placement.

Another dead giveaway is letter connection by a small thread on the nameplate. It's gotten tougher to tell fakes over the years, but if you post pics I'm sure ppl in here can help.

I think everyone who commented has a valid point. Another thing I like to add is the jock tag (ie. placement being too high, #s and nfl has a "pop" to it, reflective tag, etc.).

The Nike swoosh on the arms are glued and embroidered, and has a certain thickness.

Post a picture of the jersey in question, and i'm sure some of us will give you our 2 cents.

Last edited:
Id probably rather buy the current version at 180 minus the discounts out there on NDC or team site if still available. 

If this question hasn't been answered or discussed, does anyone know if there will be an elite retail version of the color rush jerseys? I would love to get my hands on a Brady or Flacco color rush.

If this question hasn't been answered or discussed, does anyone know if there will be an elite retail version of the color rush jerseys? I would love to get my hands on a Brady or Flacco color rush.
I havent seen one. I dont think it was done. 

I was going to do a custom Elite from NFL shop for Conner, but now I'm thinking that he wouldnt have worn the older elite and I should probably wait. Probably not serious to most but I will like it would bother me   

​I'm sure a bunch of us have, and it seems to be hit or miss.  For example, in the past if you order a Raiders custom the numbers will be a different shade of silver than the pre-made numbers.  Some people have gotten much worse results though.

Here's a link to pics of my custom Woodson.

http://niketalk.com/t/332565/2017-nike-nfl-apparel-footwear-jerseys/3540#post_27065975

Thanks. It's a white steelers jersey so it has black numbers. Should be pretty hard to mess it up. Hopefully the yellow letters don't end up looking a different shade like the knock offs.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom