2017 NIKE NFL Apparel, Footwear & Jerseys

The elites they are pumping out now are definitely thinner and cheaper material fabric they are using. My Hebert Vapor elite felt like a napkin compared to a Vapor elite I ordered last year.

Just looking at your pics you can tell how thin it is by all the wrinkles. Looks like a $6 dollar plain tee from H&M lol
yes; quality is a slap in the face for us collectors.

Tom Brady jersey came in yesterday and I was extremely disappointed. I doubt the fanatics replacement will change the quality of the fabric other than the crooked NFL shield and Nike check marks. The material and weight on this jersey felt so thin and light compared to my VUE TB Patriots jersey I purchased in 2017. This coming from a collector of Elites since 2012. Anybody want to chime in, thoughts?

PXL_20211118_220339095.jpg PXL_20211118_220356159.jpg PXL_20211118_220405503.jpg PXL_20211118_220418562.jpg PXL_20211118_220518177.jpg

Fanatics took over making NFL jerseys in 2020 I believe. They produce them and then put a Nike logo on it. Fanatics ruins everything they touch.

Hey what can you tell me about this Brady jersey. As a collector of Elites since the beginning, the quality has definitely gone downhill. Mine came with crooked nfl shield, damaged Nike checks and the materials on this vapor untouchable elite feels thinner than the ones I got in 2017, etc. What's your take?
Oh yeah they are definitely thinner. When I got it I was moving around jerseys and noticed how much thinner it is compared to the Brady Pats I have. Luckily mine did not have the damaged swoosh like yours. The nfl shield was also straight. Material wise they definitely aren’t worth full price.

Tom Brady jersey came in yesterday and I was extremely disappointed. I doubt the fanatics replacement will change the quality of the fabric other than the crooked NFL shield and Nike check marks. The material and weight on this jersey felt so thin and light compared to my VUE TB Patriots jersey I purchased in 2017. This coming from a collector of Elites since 2012. Anybody want to chime in, thoughts?

PXL_20211118_220339095.jpg PXL_20211118_220356159.jpg PXL_20211118_220405503.jpg PXL_20211118_220418562.jpg PXL_20211118_220518177.jpg
The elites they are pumping out now are definitely thinner and cheaper material fabric they are using. My Hebert Vapor elite felt like a napkin compared to a Vapor elite I ordered last year.

Just looking at your pics you can tell how thin it is by all the wrinkles. Looks like a $6 dollar plain tee from H&M lol
Fanatics took over making NFL jerseys in 2020 I believe. They produce them and then put a Nike logo on it. Fanatics ruins everything they touch.
Oh yeah they are definitely thinner. When I got it I was moving around jerseys and noticed how much thinner it is compared to the Brady Pats I have. Luckily mine did not have the damaged swoosh like yours. The nfl shield was also straight. Material wise they definitely aren’t worth full price.
Replacement Brady came in today. Salute fanatics for their quick turnaround but that praise is short lived. 2nd jersey confirms the quality has gone down. It seems fanatics has backwards mentality, apparently quality is not part of their mission statement.
PXL_20211123_231920332.jpg PXL_20211123_231902023.jpg PXL_20211123_231802012.jpg PXL_20211123_231754918.jpg

Replacement Brady came in today. Salute fanatics for their quick turnaround but that praise is short lived. 2nd jersey confirms the quality has gone down. It seems fanatics has backwards mentality, apparently quality is not part of their mission statement.
PXL_20211123_231920332.jpg PXL_20211123_231902023.jpg PXL_20211123_231802012.jpg PXL_20211123_231754918.jpg
Crazy how inconsistent the NFL shield is that they be using on the Elites. Sometimes they are shiny and sturdy and other times they are Dull and flimsy. At least on the limited jerseys they are the same quality every time .

Also checked Nike site, doesn’t look like they carry any Elites at all. Probably will be from fanatics only at this point :smh:

Also the “Limiteds” are now called “Untouchable” jerseys. Doesn’t look like there’s any material difference and price point remains the same at $150

At the rate fanatics is going. These jerseys will indeed be "untouchable" because nobody would want to overpay for subpar quality and that's the truth.

Truthfully, I have been leaning toward game issued nfl elites. They are much better made in USA and high quality. Of course we all know Brady's caliber. GI one is probably at least $10k.

It’s like they want you to buy those $20 bootlegs. 😂😂😂

it’s wild that ppl actually pay retail for the bs they put out.

Why are you guys blaming fanatics for jerseys produced by Nike? :lol:

I thought we were blaming Fanatics for trash customs. But yeah, Nike is definitely on some bs with these prices for their authentics. MLB is even worse. Not sure if the quality is bad though.

I thought we were blaming Fanatics for trash customs. But yeah, Nike is definitely on some bs with these prices for their authentics. MLB is even worse. Not sure if the quality is bad though.

we won’t know about MLB jerseys really until this coming season when they’re actually using their template. They’ve been using Majestic’s template and similar pricing since they took over.

we won’t know about MLB jerseys really until this coming season when they’re actually using their template. They’ve been using Majestic’s template and similar pricing since they took over.
OG majestics can still be have on ebay for the low. we talking about the 6200, 6300 cool base, and flex base. Majestic got greedy when they started their Flex Base line with their insanely high prices. I think the Diamondbacks flex base was like $400 ish retail. I had to do a double take.

new royals jerseys still the same template. Not sure if it’s coming or not.
As for the nfl elite, I like the softer material. The old stuff felt like cardboard and stiff as hell. Uncomfortable to wear.

Last edited:
OG majestics can still be have on ebay for the low. we talking about the 6200, 6300 cool base, and flex base. Majestic got greedy when they started their Flex Base line with their insanely high prices. I think the Diamondbacks flex base was like $400 ish retail. I had to do a double take.

I need to peep. Bought my Cardinals authentic back in like 04 when I was buying everything 2 or 2 sizes too big. I don’t even want to talk about my failed attempt at getting an XXL jersey tailored to be smaller. 🤦🏽‍♂️

I love the detail in the stitching on the authentic Cardinals jerseys.

I need to peep. Bought my Cardinals authentic back in like 04 when I was buying everything 2 or 2 sizes too big. I don’t even want to talk about my failed attempt at getting an XXL jersey tailored to be smaller. 🤦🏽‍♂️

I love the detail in the stitching on the authentic Cardinals jerseys.
yes cardinals jerseys have great detail. same with braves

MLB wild charging $400 for an authentic jersey

surprised NBA authentic are $200-225

remember when people praised Adidas and didn't have an issue with trash rev 30 being $300 and almost no authentic being released :rofl:

I picked up a Todd Gurley Falcons limited for $24 on Fanatics yesterday. I know he no longer plays and the quality might be less than usual but…$24!!

I picked up a Todd Gurley Falcons limited for $24 on Fanatics yesterday. I know he no longer plays and the quality might be less than usual but…$24!!
That's a steal and I'm certain the vapor untouchable limiteds are more comfortable to wear than the elites. The quality on those are nice too. Dri fit.

Last edited:
That's a steal and I'm certain the vapor untouchable limiteds are more comfortable to wear than the elites. The quality on those are nice too. Dri fit.

I know, it's crazy. I checked again yesterday and they were down to $18.

I have a Matt Ryan limited, and I think the Limited jerseys are great. They fit well, you get some stitching so they look like they won't fall apart like the screen prints do, but my only criticism on the Atlanta jerseys in particular is that the ATL on the front collar is not stitched on. Really no reason to cheapen that part of the jersey up.

I know, it's crazy. I checked again yesterday and they were down to $18.

I have a Matt Ryan limited, and I think the Limited jerseys are great. They fit well, you get some stitching so they look like they won't fall apart like the screen prints do, but my only criticism on the Atlanta jerseys in particular is that the ATL on the front collar is not stitched on. Really no reason to cheapen that part of the jersey up.
@$18/pop I pulled the trigger on black and red Todd Gurley Vapor Limiteds, Fournette Limited for my wife at $4.50!!!! Out of curiosity, I did more scouring and scored some authentic Adidas soccer jerseys on the low. All together 8 football jerseys and couple multi packs of face covering for less than $112. Got it down to $79 after stacking 20% Costco GCs and $13 fan cash.

This deal definitely puts things in perspective. 20 items cost less than 1 VUE jersey at disco. 😭

Bought another Fournette. I love these GI unis I don't think I want to buy anymore retail authentics anymore. The quality on these are unbeatable.
PXL_20211204_035558411.jpg PXL_20211204_035636529.jpg
This.
Once you start dabbling with team issued and game worn it’s hard to go back to anything with the minimum being an Elite. This is going to come off as snobbish but I tried a Mahomes Limited and just couldn’t do it. The fit and feeling just aren’t the same.

Though this goes against my jersey rules about customizing players onto jersey styles they never wore, I had to get my hands on this after seeing it on eBay. Apparently if you get an authentic customized at Allegiant Stadium, they use silver and black numbers like the ones used on field. I also fully expected the numbers to just be glued down considering it was done on the spot, but I was pleasantly surprised to find they were fully stitched down. Good to know that there is another option since I discovered Raider Image uses Stahl's for their customization now.
PXL_20211205_193528452.jpg
PXL_20211205_193558835.jpg

Back
Top Bottom