2017 YANKEES SEASON THREAD VOL: All downhill from here

Awesome ceremony :pimp:. **** like this makes you realize how fast the years go by, and how old I'm getting :lol:

Those 20 yrs Jeter was a Yankee flew by. And already been 3 yrs since retirement.

Man I am getting old.

And on that note I hope Tanaka opts out so he goes elsewhere. E, I know you say we cant let him go but the money he will command I dont think will be worth it. And the injury concern with the elbow is worrisome.

Those 20 yrs Jeter was a Yankee flew by. And already been 3 yrs since retirement.

Man I am getting old.

And on that note I hope Tanaka opts out so he goes elsewhere. E, I know you say we cant let him go but the money he will command I dont think will be worth it. And the injury concern with the elbow is worrisome.

This was a feeling i had after that opening day start, not having much of an expectation for this season, my thought was if at some point there are in no way in contention making a move with Tanaka to a team that is winning Ala Chapman to the cubs the return could be even greater.

Last edited:

Tanaka has had 2 bad starts out of 8.. Relax guys.

That began in July 2014, Tanaka’s rookie season in MLB, when it was discovered he had a partial tear in his ulnar collateral ligament. Three doctors advised a platelet-rich plasma (PRP) injection and rest. But every time the righty has pitched poorly since, many folks without medical degrees and no examination decided cutting into Tanaka’s arm was best.

Well, since that first diagnosis, Tanaka has made 63 starts, gone 31-13 with a 3.45 ERA while being the Yankees’ ace. You can argue that financially it worked against Tanaka to not just get Tommy John. He can opt out of his contract after this season, and had he had the procedure in 2014, interested teams this offseason may feel his elbow is less of a time bomb. Wait, that sounds like another hot take.

Had 2 starts since then, and will end up 32-14. I even went back and looked at games he had cheap wins, games where he had tough losses, and No Decisions on Quality starts and it would be at 40-15 over 65 starts, I mean come on, just relax. Why do we need to do this once a month?

Tell me the 5 guys you are putting in the rotation within the next 2-3 years when we're contending? Luis Severino, Michael Pineda, Jordan Montgomery, CC Sabathia? Jordan Montgomery is the only guy who has more than a decent chance of making it, and he doesn't even remotely have front end stuff

Kaprielian is 2 years from making a debut because of his injury. As is Abreu & Sheffield. Acevado is now a bullpen flamethrower with very little chance of being a rotation guy.

Tanaka is your bridge, and your stability between now and the future.

Also, you say the money isn't worth it... We've cleared out so much money that paying him really means nothing overall to the team payroll. Who are you replacing him with? Who is a Free Agent that won't be 32 or 33 and have to pay until they are 40 or what Ace are you getting in a trade to replace Tanaka... And even then you're in the same spot... No SP, and no chance to do anything with any of our actual good players.

Last edited:
giphy.gif

:pimp:

Hal Steinbrenner says #Yankees will be "active in the free agent market, I assure you" this offseason, considering $ coming off books

Shohei Otani? :nerd:

Game tomorrow is calling for heavy thunderstorms around 9:30 PM. We better score early and often. There is no way this game will go the distance. 

Back
Top Bottom