2018 NBA Playoffs Thread

Who will win The Finals

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is one of the worst, most nonsensical takes that is common on NT. You guys actually believe Kerr is not a good coach. It’s insane.

Mike Brown went undefeated last playoffs with this same group. Luke Walton lost looke 4 games with them. I don't think it's THAT hot of a take.

You can’t be a good coach if your players are too good. But good coaches actually make players look good by putting them in situations to succeed. But if they make them look TOO good then the coach isn’t actually good. So the best coach formula is you make your players look good and win but not too good and don’t win too much. -NT logic

Yeah it is pretty ridiculous that Kristine has her own show before Molly or Joy Taylor when both of them are leaps and bounds better then she is.
to be honest, i think they are all pretty average, at best. We know they have their gigs for their looks.

Mike Brown went undefeated last playoffs with this same group. Luke Walton lost looke 4 games with them. I don't think it's THAT hot of a take.
When the system had been fully implemented and team chemistry was fully formed, the assistants are empowered to coach the team to wins. If anything that’s a positive for Kerr in my mind.

Sitting on the sidelines for 4 games is like 15% of being an nba head coach but you guys think it’s 96%.

This is one of the worst, most nonsensical takes that is common on NT. You guys actually believe Kerr is not a good coach. It’s insane.
put your shirt back on. All I said is I don't know. I didnt say he sucked. I just dont know what kind of coach he would be in a different situation like NYK.

This goes to players as well. Some people are put in a great position to succeed, some not. Its not crazy to think Kerr would be on the hot seat in NY with the current talent they have assembled, is it?

When the system had been fully implemented and team chemistry was fully formed, the assistants are empowered to coach the team to wins. If anything that’s a positive for Kerr in my mind.

Sitting on the sidelines for 4 games is like 15% of being an nba head coach but you guys think it’s 96%.

So in game adjustments and in series adjustments aren't a huge part of the game? Training camps are shorter, less practice time for these players overall but with GS specifically the talent is so great literally any halfway competent coach can steer the ship.

MDA gets killed for being married to his system and lack of adjustments all the time.

System is only as good as the players are to run it see MDA's stints in NY and LA.

So in game adjustments and in series adjustments aren't a huge part of the game? Training camps are shorter, less practice time for these players overall but with GS specifically the talent is so great literally any halfway competent coach can steer the ship.

MDA gets killed for being married to his system and lack of adjustments all the time.

It’s less important than managing an org, installing offensive and defensive systems, putting players in positions to succeed, managing team personalities and chemistry. This isn’t the NFL. There’s a reason Phil jackson is rightfully one of the greatest ever and it ain’t in game adjustments.

Fans have no idea what they are talking about when it comes to coaching. Zero insight into what goes on behind the scenes when 85% of the work is done. Kerr’s relationship with his players, especially what he has done with Draymond speaks for itself.

Luke Walton and Mike Brown were watching players expertly execute the system Kerr put in place and taught to them. And somehow that’s a knock on Kerr. LOL.

So if here had all this genius as the sun's gm why didn't he fire the coach and take over that team. I'm giving Kerr the same amount of credit for these wins as y'all would give Mark Jackson. NONE.

Klay slander will nit be tolerated. How many guys can lock up defensively and drop 20 in a qtr in minutes
Top 5 two way guys in the league

Reactions: God
if you let most people tell it the only good coaches in the nba are pop and brad. everyone else is "trash and has horrible rotations"

Klay slander will nit be tolerated. How many guys can lock up defensively and drop 20 in a qtr in minutes
Top 5 two way guys in the league

He's great but he can be inconsistent. He can afford to have 8 pt games every now and then because he plays with Curry and Durant. I wouldn't want him to be my #1 guy where I have to rely on him to get me 25 every night. And like I've said with Durant, it's easy to play ultra-efficient basketball when you're not the primary guy opposing teams are game planning against they can never afford to double team you (pause)

So if here had all this genius as the sun's gm why didn't he fire the coach and take over that team. I'm giving Kerr the same amount of credit for these wins as y'all would give Mark Jackson. NONE.
4qtH2Cj.gif

I just want to reiterate that westbrook has played with KD, harden, paul George, melo, and Oladipo and hasn't won a championship.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom