2019 NFL Discussion Thread: StaXX talking to himself

Should @Hahahaha be allowed byke?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like Mike Shanahan's agent decided to ask for some favors...

Woody Paige: Mike Shanahan could be back with Broncos if not for Joe Ellis, sources say

According to Paige, John Elway and Mike Shanahan met in secret last year and "seriously discussed" a deal that would put Shanahan back as the team's head coach. Vance Joseph, the Broncos' current coach, had gone 5–11 during his first season on the job. Elway was reportedly ready to replace Joseph with Shanahan, who led the Broncos to consecutive Super Bowl wins in 1997 and 1998, before Broncos CEO Joe Ellis refused to agree to fire Joseph and hire Shanahan.

Charley Walters: Could Mike Shanahan get best out of Kirk Cousins?

If the Minnesota Vikings don’t make the playoffs, and if they decide to make a head coaching change, Mike Shanahan would seem a likely choice.

If you’re Zygi Wilf and you make a coaching change, you’re probably going to pick a guy who gives you the best chance to win next year, and that should be a guy who well knows what Kirk Cousins’ strengths and weaknesses are to make him better.

If the Vikings fired Mike Zimmer for Mike Shanahan, they would lose the team. That would be a disaster.

Edit: I should also add that unless Kyle Shanahan comes with Mike to be the OC, that move also won't end well. And we know that won't happen, so again...disaster.

Last edited:
Cam Nem dont want no smoke
Screenshot_2018-12-17-16-44-24.png

Colts need to get that 6th seed from the Ravens and the AFC playoffs will be fire from top to top bottom. Colts vs. Pats and Steelers vs. Chargers or Chiefs in the WC round. That's appointment television.

Off topic, but the way the refs have been using forward progress as a cop-out this year is getting wild annoying.

Off topic, but the way the refs have been using forward progress as a cop-out this year is getting wild annoying.

The refs have been the laziest I have ever seen this season. Forward progress, spotting the ball, fumble and letting the play go vs. ruling incomplete have all been killing the game. Later on in the season now, PI calls have gotten bad, holding has gotten bad...I know those big type of calls usually are debated anyway, but it's so much worse this season. They have no vision at all anymore and don't know what they're seeing.

First the packers now the Vikings. Where is this Mike Shannahan stuff coming from. It ain’t happening.

@rolaholic getback getback DeadsetAce DeadsetAce

I was trying to put this thought together during the game but couldnt really get it.

Now credit Pitt's defense they didna good job but it didnt seem like a typical offensive gameplan for NE. I dont know the team that well but we've all gotten a fair share of them on tv, just didnt seem right with how they usually play. This year just been weird all together though for them

Injuries
Clashing egos and organizational turmoil to a certain extent
Age (Gronk seriously looks washed)

Just need to get to the tournament, preferably with a bye and then pray for their best defensive output of the season. They can't outshoot anyone anymore. I'm setting my expectations real low TBH.

IMG_2371.PNG

Who y'all got sneaking in dat wildcard

It's the Vikings or Eagles. Makes me nervous. I think Texans vs. Eagles will be a good game but I can see Philly winning that, which means the Vikings would need to win out (If Philly beats Houston then they won't lose to Washington after that). Seattle only needs 1 win to clinch, so they'll be in whether they beat KC or Arizona in week 17.

The refs have been the laziest I have ever seen this season. Forward progress, spotting the ball, fumble and letting the play go vs. ruling incomplete have all been killing the game. Later on in the season now, PI calls have gotten bad, holding has gotten bad...I know those big type of calls usually are debated anyway, but it's so much worse this season. They have no vision at all anymore and don't know what they're seeing.

I agree, man. The way they approach fumbles has always bugged me, especially when there's an opportunity to scoop and score. If you have the slightest bit of doubt as to whether or not it was a fumble, you have absolutely nothing to lose by letting it play out and going back and reviewing the play. So ****ing stupid.

My biggest gripe with the PI calls is when they throw the flag on severely underthrown balls. Such a ****ing bailout for QBs.

Also, not sure if you've noticed it or not, but they've began to take a "wait and see" approach with certain penalties - primarily defensive holding - in favor of the offense.

Is it me or should the way playoff seedings work should be done completely different?

I think it should be if you win the division you’re still not guraeented a top 4 spot, only thing a division title will get you is a WC spot. It should go by straight up better record. Let’s say Chargers and Chiefs both finish at 13-3, whoever loses out on that division (don’t know that scenario off the top of my head) has to go to Pitt or Indy just because they won their trash division? Not fair.

I’m not being biased. I was at the WC game where Indy had to come to San Diego. The one where Sproles took over and it ended up being Tony Dungys and John Maddens last game. No way should Indy should’ve have to come and play a 8-8 team:lol:

@rolaholic getback getback DeadsetAce DeadsetAce

I was trying to put this thought together during the game but couldnt really get it.

Now credit Pitt's defense they didna good job but it didnt seem like a typical offensive gameplan for NE. I dont know the team that well but we've all gotten a fair share of them on tv, just didnt seem right with how they usually play. This year just been weird all together though for them

you're pretty much right there. the game plan and play calling has been off. they've forced the run game when it's not there. it's def. been odd. typically anytime the offense is stuck, we go up tempo and let brady call it from the line. i've literally seen that TWICE this year. it's just been a strange year. mcdaniels has also gotten a little two cute at times. makes me wonder if the whole "bill is transitioning the reigns to josh" thing is hurting his ability to effectively call the offense. i dunno...yesterday was such a winnable game. and then that final drive where we just kept running verticals in the red zone was just stupid.

Why does Gase have to go????

I have some issues with the roster overall, but coaching is not the issue there. Talent level is.

He's 13-9 with Tannehill as his starter. Before yesterday, he had won 12 of his last 16 with Tannehill starting. Of those 4 losses, two of them were at Cincy this year (up 17-0 at Cincy before Tunsil went down) and up 27-17 at Indy before they collapsed late)

He's 10-15 with Moore, Cutler and Osweiler.

Gase and Tannehill lost 4 of their first 5 games together. Then went 12-4 after that. (Now 12-5) The losses being At Cincy, At Indy, (they should have held on to both those) At Balt, and At NE and now, at Minny.

Gase needs to be fired, for that? :lol:

Good Lord.

don't listen to that stay safe wishing pinhead, man :lol:

Is it me or should the way playoff seedings work should be done completely different?

I think it should be if you win the division you’re still not guraeented a top 4 spot, only thing a division title will get you is a WC spot. It should go by straight up better record. Let’s say Chargers and Chiefs both finish at 13-3, whoever loses out on that division (don’t know that scenario off the top of my head) has to go to Pitt or Indy just because they won their trash division? Not fair.

I’m not being biased. I was at the WC game where Indy had to come to San Diego. The one where Sproles took over and it ended up being Tony Dungys and John Maddens last game. No way should Indy should’ve have to come and play a 8-8 team:lol:
I get what you're saying but I still think winning your division regardless of how trash it is is deserving of a home playoff game

tbh the Chargers might be better off on the road this year given their situation
manny.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom