2021 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: Media Day...SHENANIGANS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Russ a 🐍 🐍 🐍 🐍

Tried to get out on Paul George, on the low. This is accurate as hell lmao

CBC9E473-A2CD-4804-B2AA-A58B8B563C5A.jpeg

Russ was trying to leave PG in OKC, after convincing him to resign…while Russ was looking to try to force his way to LA to team up with Kawhi :smh: :lol:

Cold world!

actually seems like kawhi is the snake here

What's getting ready to happen is that one of these teams in East that drafted their stars is getting to shoot from the bottom right past them in the next 2-3 years while they wait for the "superstar" to come through FA.

So IQ, RJ, Obi, Mitch w.e wont get better in 2-3 years also?
No one the Knicks draft will develop?
We dont have the assets for a trade?
We dont have the money for a FA?

actually seems like kawhi is the snake here

Russ saw that G5 vs POR and coming off the G6 vs Utah the previous season and deduced that Playoff P wasn't it. Kawhi seems like the dummy though, if his takeaway was yea that's the guy I want my incumbent team to mortgage everything for. All the while PG still ended up being good 4th or 5th choice. All I got from this is Kawhi is a pretty lousy GM.

he made a huge leap to 40% this season after being TERRIBLE last year. dude puts the work in to improve his game. him and Julius just had a dog **** playoff series.

oh I agree. Just need to see another season of good shooting from him to buy his shooting ability. Hopefully it was legit

Last edited:
So IQ, RJ, Obi, Mitch w.e wont get better in 2-3 years also?
No one the Knicks draft will develop?
We dont have the assets for a trade?
We dont have the money for a FA?
I feel like you’re saying things that he didn’t even say :lol:

Which one of those guys do you think can or will develop into a franchise cornerstone and bonafide star?
What type of package can the Knicks put together to trade for a star that doesn’t decimate the roster and picks?
..he didn’t say that you don’t have the money. You know that.

I feel like you’re saying things that he didn’t even say :lol:

Which one of those guys do you think can or will develop into a franchise cornerstone and bonafide star?
What type of package can the Knicks put together to trade for a star that doesn’t decimate the roster and picks?
..he didn’t say that you don’t have the money. You know that.

Kevin Knox playing summer league again

🔥🔥🔥🔥

dacomeup dacomeup

I'm the most pessimistic Knick fan there is. No one we drafted will be a bonafide star. All Star? Maybe if RJ keeps improving.

But shoot right up over someone in 2-3 years means the Knicks make zero improvements, no one develops, and they make zero moves to improve the team.

I dont see any team in the East outside of maybe the Hornets doing this. Pistons are still years away, and they never get any free agent there so they have to keep hitting on draft picks to build around Cade.

Sure in most cases you need a bonafide star through the draft, but so much luck is involved (with actual draft positioning) and we dont have luck on our side. Past 30 years we only moved up once relative to our draft position (usually move down) and that was for Ewing. Kinda insane.

There is always a disgruntled star available, we have the room to take back bad contracts, we have the draft picks. There are assets here to improve and build continuity.

dacomeup dacomeup

I'm the most pessimistic Knick fan there is. No one we drafted will be a bonafide star. All Star? Maybe if RJ keeps improving.

But shoot right up over someone in 2-3 years means the Knicks make zero improvements, no one develops, and they make zero moves to improve the team.

I dont see any team in the East outside of maybe the Hornets doing this. Pistons are still years away, and they never get any free agent there so they have to keep hitting on draft picks to build around Cade.

Sure in most cases you need a bonafide star through the draft, but so much luck is involved (with actual draft positioning) and we dont have luck on our side. Past 30 years we only moved up once relative to our draft position (usually move down) and that was for Ewing. Kinda insane.

There is always a disgruntled star available, we have the room to take back bad contracts, we have the draft picks. There are assets here to improve and build continuity.
I didn't take that the mean the Knicks make zero improvements. Just that teams who draft guys with real star potential make leaps and pass the Knicks, who are currently relying on Julius Randle as your #1 guy. Love Julius and the year he had, but he's likely not that type of guy.

The Knicks can definitely benefit from a disgruntled star trade but I just don't think any of your young guys are good enough to make a centerpiece of a deal like that. That means you end up decimating your roster and picks to make that deal happen, a la the Melo/Denver deal.

I think we saw you don't need to necessarily have the greatest young core to pull off a trade for a disgruntled star.

The Nets arguably had the worst package possible for Harden, all Harden had to say was I want to play in Brooklyn. The Rockets didnt even get Levert in that deal.

I think we saw you don't need to necessarily have the greatest young core to pull off a trade for a disgruntled star.

The Nets arguably had the worst package possible for Harden, all Harden had to say was I want to play in Brooklyn.

jarrett Allen is about to get $100 Ms and Caris Levert will be a 20/5/5 guy. It wasn’t all that bad. Just took a lot of back flips

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom