2021 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: Media Day...SHENANIGANS

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not going to go into a deep back and forth about it, but judging by the last few responses from multiple posters, I see that most of you couldn't care less about the big picture. :lol:

To deny that ESPN will put a picture of Simmons up to promote an upcoming NATIONALLY TELEVISED game..... or for 2020, Ben Simmons had the #11 jersey sales, for 2019 he was #9 (not in top 15 for 2021).... or that just in April, for 2021 he was ranked seventh on the top 25 under 25 list.....

And you throwing out multiple question marks as if the reasons I listed are sooooo ridiculous?

Yeah, aiight. :lol:

Only time Ben is on the marquee is when Joel is out.

From #9 to #11 to not on the list at all. You do realize that's him getting progressively less popular right?

Would YOU pay your hard earned money to go watch Ben Simmons play basketball?

How much money Schroeder leave on the table compared to Nerlens Noel?

edit:

Noel $75/4

Schroeder $80/4

Sixers have a MVP caliber Center on their team with a big personality on a playoff contender. Moving Ben for a Brogdon type ain't affecting their bottom line
mjlol (1) (1).png

Ben isn't anywhere near as good or valuable as any of those other guys you named.

As for being box office...ppl coming through the turnstiles to see him pass up on a dunk when Trae Young in the paint, shoot 10 shots a game or shoot 40% from the line? C'mon man.

You're missing the point.

It's not about whether or not YOU guys think he's "good" or "valuable".

Having to justify trading Ben Simmons for Malcolm Brogdon and some picks goes through the team governor. And if THAT guy (or to a lesser extent the bean counters) doesn't think getting Brogdon will move merchandise or generate buzz or fan interest/excitement, then what are we really doing?

Come on, look past the surface level. :smh:

If YOU owned a team and had Ben Simmons, would YOU ok a trade of him for Malcolm Brogdon and 2 picks? Let's see how honest you are here.

76ers asking for an AD package without AD numbers.. if that’s the case then they know they’re purposely playing Simmons out of position

How much money Schroeder leave on the table compared to Nerlens Noel?

edit:

Noel $75/4

Schroeder $80/4

I think the final offer the Lakers gave Schroeder was 4 years, 84 million dollars.

I think he's going to end up taking an offer around the full mid level ($9-$10m) and then trying free agency again next summer. I don't think you'll ever recoup the money he lost from the Lakers though.

He's just not that good! One dimensional point guards who can't shoot are a dime a dozen. He definitely overplayed his hand thinking he had leverage.

None of those guys ever averaged 9 points in a series and shot 33 percent from the line stop it . Triple single Simmons got worse throughout the years stop it . All the people you named shoot better 3 pt percentage than Ben did on the ft In the hawks series . Dame and Beal lmaoooooooooooooo

Same question for you that I asked MVP MVP :

If YOU owned a team and had Ben Simmons, would YOU ok a trade of him for Malcolm Brogdon and 2 picks? Let's see how honest you are as well.

I think it's funny that the 2004 Lakers are viewed as some type of abject failure and they've become kind of a punching line when describing older teams.

That team still made the NBA finals despite all of the injuries and dysfunction. Most teams would be lucky to make it that far.

Still one of my favorite Lakers teams ever.

lakers-last-stand-will-kobe-leave-whill-shaq-stay-will-phil-may-17-2004-sports-illustrated-cover.jpg

I’m not about participation trophies but people don’t realize how difficult it is to get to the Finals. It’s wild when you think the Lakers made SEVEN (5-2) Finals in 11 years (2000-2010). Bulls of six Finals in eight years is also extremely impressive. I’d lump Bron’s streak of eight straight and 9/10 in there as being crazy too. Meanwhile some franchises haven’t been in 20,30, 40 years.

Last edited:
I’m not about participation trophies but people don’t realize how difficult how hard it is to get to the Finals. It’s wild when you think the Lakers made SEVEN (5-2) Finals in 11 years (2000-2010). Bulls of six Finals in eight years is also extremely impressive. I’d lump Bron’s streak of eight straight and 9/10 in there as being crazy too. Meanwhile some franchises haven’t been in 20,30, 40 years.
Yet this is the reason why people mock Lebron

better to miss the the playoffs than lose in the finals/s

I’m not about participation trophies but people don’t realize how difficult how hard it is to get to the Finals. It’s wild when you think the Lakers made SEVEN (5-2) Finals in 11 years (2000-2010). Bulls of six Finals in eight years is also extremely impressive. I’d lump Bron’s streak of eight straight and 9/10 in there as being crazy too. Meanwhile some franchises haven’t been in 20,30, 40 years.

Exactly. NBA media was ready to build Chris Paul a statue for making the Finals for the first time in his 16-year career yet they clown the 2004 Lakers for losing in the finals and clown LeBron for making the finals and losing.

Making the finals is incredibly difficult. There are many all-time great players that have only been to the finals once or never made it at all.

It's especially wild to look at those Kobe-Shaq Finals runs because you'll see how many 50 win teams they beat along the way.

If I remember correctly, I believe Kobe has beaten the most 50 win teams during the playoffs.

Last edited:
You're missing the point.

It's not about whether or not YOU guys think he's "good" or "valuable".

Having to justify trading Ben Simmons for Malcolm Brogdon and some picks goes through the team governor. And if THAT guy (or to a lesser extent the bean counters) doesn't think getting Brogdon will move merchandise or generate buzz or fan interest/excitement, then what are we really doing?

Come on, look past the surface level. :smh:

If YOU owned a team and had Ben Simmons, would YOU ok a trade of him for Malcolm Brogdon and 2 picks? Let's see how honest you are here.

If YOU owned a team and had Ben Simmons, would YOU ok a trade of him for Malcolm Brogdon and 2 picks? Let's see how honest you are as well.

Winning is going to have a greater impact on your bottom line than Ben Simmons and his jersey sales, pictures in promos for nationally televised games or being linked to Kardashians/Jenners. Brogdon gives you a better chance of winning than Benjamin. It’s not that hard to understand where everyone is coming from.

Only time Ben is on the marquee is when Joel is out.

From #9 to #11 to not on the list at all. You do realize that's him getting progressively less popular right?

Would YOU pay your hard earned money to go watch Ben Simmons play basketball?

Aaaaaaand, how often is Joel out? :nerd:

ESPN/TNT/NBATV producer: Embiid out tonight? Ok, good thing we can use Malcolm Brogdon to promote this game. High 5 guys.

:smh:

Who said he's not on the list at all? I said he's not top 15 because that's all the list goes up to. For all I know, he could be #16. Tell me where you think Malcolm Brogdon is on that same list though? :nerd:

And I don't really go to games like that so I'm the wrong one to ask that question.

Bro numbers don’t lie y’all worried about the wrong thing winning comes first and then numbers after . I am trading a guy who just averaged 9 points and 33 from the line who ain’t improve in 5 years . You paying brogdon 21 mill next season he averaged 21 last season . You paying Ben 33 mills he’s shooting 33 from the line . Ben Simmons ain’t Luka Zion marketable brogdon and two firsts gets it done majority of Philly fans are taking this trade trust me he literally fits philly team perfect

76ers asking for an AD package without AD numbers.. if that’s the case then they know they’re purposely playing Simmons out of position
He wants to be “point guard”, but doesn’t actually try to improve on “point guard” things. We brought in guys to do those things and he mopes around (see Jimothy Butler)

Exactly. NBA media was ready to build Chris Paul a statue for making the Finals for the first time in his 16-year career yet they clown the 2004 Lakers for losing in the finals and clown LeBron for making the finals and losing.
It’s kind of interesting because it makes me think of the argument you made about Mike Tyson not being Top 5 because he hasn’t beat other all-time greats in comparison to his peers that you consider Top 5. It makes me think about all the folks MJ stopped from winning a championship and all the people who Lebby has beat and lost too. It’d be interesting to compare and contrast.

Sixers have a MVP caliber Center on their team with a big personality on a playoff contender. Moving Ben for a Brogdon type ain't affecting their bottom line
mjlol (1) (1).png

An injury prone center who misses games frequently. Who in these very playoffs got hurt and looked like he would miss games and actually faded pretty badly in the 2nd half of most, if not all of the games in his elimination series.

You guys are being extremely short-sighted.

Sixers on the verge of becoming a bottom feeder if they **** around and get rid of Simmons for the **** trades some of you are proposing and then WebEmbiid (shout-out to I think nickman, great name) either leaves or misses significant time due to injury.

Then what? I guess they can rebuild around Brogdon and those 2 picks. >D

ESPN/TNT/NBATV producer: Embiid out tonight? Ok, good thing we can use Malcolm Brogdon to promote this game. High 5 guys.

:smh:
Bro nobody is losing significant dollars over this. This happened a million times with all the injuries this past season.

I remember seeing Schroeder himself on one 😆

He obviously isn't worth anywhere near what they're asking so yea for what the Sixers need and what would be practical that's a fair deal. They aren't getting an all star caliber player in return unless one specifically asks to come to Philly and even then they are going to have to add more to any deal.

Sixers are supposed to be a championship contender. Brogdon definitely helps that cause jersey sales be dammed.

Winning is going to have a greater impact on your bottom line than Ben Simmons and his jersey sales, pictures in promos for nationally televised games or being linked to Kardashians/Jenners. Brogdon gives you a better chance of winning than Benjamin. It’s not that hard to understand where everyone is coming from.
*I hate to be THAT guy*

Brogdon gives you a higher ceiling. -name redacted- gives you a higher floor. Yea I know it’s him but if you take Jo off the Sixers, that’s still a .500 team led by you know who

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom