2022 NBA Offseason Thread: Preseason kicks off; Things are fine in Los Angeles, Draymond beats the charges

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feel like Hart, Morris, and Luke are the 3 clippers most likely not on the team next year.

3 guys who teams should be all over.

I’m willing to package Mann and Boston jr with Morris for a center. We can’t play all those guys anyway.

If it’s anything other than the minimum, I don’t like it.

You definitively close the door on Hartenstein. Of course it’s possible he’s gets a great offer & you lose him anyway. But even looking beyond that, when it’s time to win a title Kawhi/PG will be on the ball for 40 minutes & Wall has never been asked to play 2 guard in his life. His jumper still needs work & he doesn’t cut or do anything off the ball.

Tall order asking him to learn a new position for a title contender when he’s barely played recently.

If it’s anything other than the minimum, I don’t like it.

You definitively close the door on Hartenstein. Of course it’s possible he’s gets a great offer & you lose him anyway. But even looking beyond that, when it’s time to win a title Kawhi/PG will be on the ball for 40 minutes & Wall has never been asked to play 2 guard in his life. His jumper still needs work & he doesn’t cut or do anything off the ball.

Tall order asking him to learn a new position for a title contender when he’s barely played recently.

He’s played nearly 430 games in that span, so you’re talking 2 attempts per game. Low volume, especially today. Tough to extrapolate

In a playoff series the better defenses are going to make him triple that & will live with the results. He likely won’t even be in any sort of rhythm either given the new role.

I like Wall, so I truly wish him the best of luck.

Other than zubac clippers got any bigs? They needed a PG tho
don't think their closing lineup will involve a big

wall is a solid pickup. it lightens the load on Reggie and gives him a breather. if he can give 10-15 minutes a gm and fill in when PG13 is off, it will be a plus for LAC. team is deep, just needs their main guys healthy come postseason. low risk move

Last edited:
Eye don’t think they needed a PG

They run Paul with the 2nd unit when healthy.

Between PG / Terance / Amir / Reggie, they were just fine in that department.

Taking the ball out of those guys hands for this version of Wall, ain't it. They've never had a problem being a top 10 offense with Kawhi / Paul / Reggie on the floor. 'Point guard' has supplanted centers as being the most overrated position in the league. Allocating actual resources for that position when the pg can't shoot is just not the wave.

I trust Ty though. He'll bench him if it doesn't work.

Wall still has the vision, can grease the offense and bend a defense. So that's beneficial. Just gotta sign a center for the minimum or trade Kennard for one (Holmes?).

I get wall for the regular season but nothing matters if Kawhi/PG aren’t healthy or if they can’t figure out how to compliment each other in the same game

Reggie is really the perfect PG for them

Not to mention, you're using real resources on a player who (at least at the moment it appears) will not be in the Clippers playoff rotation.

It's a gamble. Clips have done outstanding with Nico, Reggie on the reclamation side of things but idk, older guards who rely on athleticism who can't shoot? I was always down for Wall for the vet min but this? Ehhh.

Right when Kawhi tore his ACL, he and PG had figured it out. Cracking the Mavs and Jazz skulls wide open. Reggie provides jusssttt enough downhill juice while being a fantastic CAS guy. They looked their best when this dynamic was at work

Wall still has the vision, can grease the offense and bend a defense. So that's beneficial. Just gotta sign a center for the minimum or trade Kennard for one (Holmes?).
He’ll definitely be a huge asset when they’re load managing Kawhi & PG in the regular season.

Like HIM HIM said, gotta package a few of those perimeter guys for a big. They have until February to do that.

Reactions: HIM
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom