2023 Official MLB Season Thread

not ashamed to say i cried.

houston sports didn't just deserve this, but the city of houston. all the heartbreaks and tragedies.

them boys did it.

shoutout my other H-Tine boys on here man. we world series champs baby.

condolences to dodgers fan, great series.

The 281/713/832. Houston is home to me now even though I grew up in FL and currently live in San Diego. I'll be back. Clear Lake/League City/Midtown areas were my stomping grounds for 9 years. Even was a Rockets season tickets holder for 3 years before I had to move West. Not the prettiest place and the weather is hot and humid, but it's special to me. :nthat:

No lie, quite a few NTers have made appearances. Some I've never even heard of. DSA the biggest disappointment for sure

:lol:

i had to get them giveaways mayne! even tho a couple were definitely not worth it :smh:

learned about the re-entry option on the last day unfortunately

@jewbacca2 Retroballer Retroballer @Peep Game congrats fellas! Craziness to see that SI cover come to life, especially with Springer being the donning image.

Please sweet baby Jesus let the Mariners take Jacoby.

Edit: Man, that Ellsbury/M's connection is nothing with nothing :rolleyes

• Look for the Yankees to shop Jacoby Ellsbury after a disappointing season in which he sat in the ALCS while Aaron Hicks, who slumped badly, played. The Yankees would have to offset much of the contract. But they are trying to get below the $195 million mark, have a surplus of outfielders and believe Ellsbury might do better with a change of scenery. He actually had a nice second half after returning following a concussion suffered while crashing into the center-field wall, but he still finished with a .264/.348/.402 slash line, which was still below average for an outfielder, and below his career norm. (In fact, in none of his four years in New York has he reached his .760 career OPS.) Ellsbury has three years to go on his $153 million, seven-year deal, so there would have to be a significant paydown to facilitate a deal. Some have always envisioned Ellsbury going home to play in Seattle, which could use an outfielder but is not believed to have a lot of money in its budget. Agent Scott Boras expressed strong disappointment that after having a very nice second half, Ellsbury was relegated to nine at-bats in the postseason (he was 0 for 9) and watched while Hicks played center in the ALCS. Hicks wound up going 2 for 25 in the series. Boras pointed to Ellsbury’s strong play after returning from the head injury, and his success as a postseason player for Boston. “He helped them win two rings,” Boras pointed out.

Last edited:
Excited for the off season! Curious to see what my Angels can do to get back in the playoffs and try and keep up with the champs :rofl:

Reactions: HIM
so Darvish was tipping his pitches ?

i was rushing out the door this morning when they were describing it on ESPN any one got video

something like if it was a slider he'd shake his wrist and if fastball no wrist movement

i was rushing out the door this morning when they were describing it on ESPN any one got video

something like if it was a slider he'd shake his wrist and if fastball no wrist movement

I read that too. And that's how they got to him as often as they did early on.

His slider was flat. Stros were treating it like batting practice

If the Astros get some real pen arms. **fans self**

They are very fortunate they even got past the Yankees with the way the pen was pitching TBH. But obv. even more to have won the whole damn thing with that bad a bullpen.

I was too young to remember the rockets winning everything so last night was as epic as I’d wished it would be

Back
Top Bottom