2024 NBA Draft Thread - the hawks might be on the clock

I really like Walker Kessler the more I watch him.

he doesn't need to be catching lobs at the square to be an effective threat as a roll man
he's got really good hands, good touch on non dunk finishes.

I think he's goy quicker feet than you would expect,
and seems like he's pretty good feel for containing guards and contesting shots in drop coverage.

center is the least valuable position,
but if he can be a Brook Lopez level rim protector and catch lobs to me that's worth a pick outside of the lottery.

ss.PNG

Not the first time that's been posted about Sharpe either. The very workout video that was posted in here seemed to be received differently behind the scenes

“A lot of what came through from sources was that absolutely nothing was done at game speed, with most of the drills in terms of his handle being executed more slowly than what he’ll face on an NBA court,” The Athletic shared Monday. “He didn’t do anything complex. For a player who few have actually seen at high-level game speed much, the workout didn’t provide any insight into the actual questions to which decision-makers would like some semblance of an answer before potentially selecting him on draft night.

“It was a prime example of why these pro days can be so frustrating.”

How high you really trying to draft him though?
Top 7 so definitely not far off that now

Meant more his NBA potential than draft range

High level winner in HS and even Memphis turned the season around and got going

Also not a complete struggle on offense just young

Top 7 so definitely not far off that now

Meant more his NBA potential than draft range

High level winner in HS and even Memphis turned the season around and got going

Also not a complete struggle on offense just young
I think he'll be a good pro. Big, strong, plays hard. Good athlete.

Skillset just a bit limited for me to want to take him that high personally. The wings in that range just have more upside I feel like. Closer to that 10-12 range feels right for him, IMO.

Personally, I'm not taking a rim runner/rim protector w/ a high end lottery pick unless he projects to be transcendent in those categories. It's why I was so against the Wiseman pick.

I'm comfortable w/ Duren mid-late lottery. I'd love him @ 10.
I don't see the value there in non premium skilled bigs and I could kind of paint this with a broad stroke for all drafts

Duren and Williams are two guys I really like for the Knicks but picking a big in the lottery isn’t good business anymore.

Reality of the modern game.

I can see why Chet would want OKC. I think that’s the spot that would offer him the most space to max out offensively.

Back
Top Bottom