2024 NFL Draft Thread

I don't feel like we need to trade any of our draft capital man. Let's just stay at 11 and go from there.
I like the idea of staying at 11 and getting Penix somehow at 30-40. But if they think they know they have a QB who will be a star they can trade up for in the early first, who am I to say they’re wrong—we just don’t have any evidence this front office can identify the right QB. They’ve never attempted to do it.

Random question: What if the Niners offered us Purdy for Cousins? :lol:

I like the idea of staying at 11 and getting Penix somehow at 30-40. But if they think they know they have a QB who will be a star they can trade up for in the early first, who am I to say they’re wrong—we just don’t have any evidence this front office can identify the right QB. They’ve never attempted to do it.

I would hope Kwesi isn't fooled that easily. Kyle's offense has a tendency to make QBs look better than they are. I feel Purdy would be extremely mid with us

I would hope Kwesi isn't fooled that easily. Kyle's offense has a tendency to make QBs look better than they are. I feel Purdy would be extremely mid with us
That’s why I think the idea of the trade is interesting, because I fully believe the non-athletic Kirk pre-injury will have no trouble recovering. Not like he ever moved. But then you’re taking a chance on Cousins’ age versus a QB people still question, despite where he and his team are.

We’re at 11.

With most mock drafts in a consensus with 10 offensive players going in the first 10 picks, what do you think about the possibility of not moving at all and getting the best defensive player in the draft?

651akathepaul 651akathepaul TipsyMcStagga TipsyMcStagga @carver K Kierris
I wouldn't mind moving up for Daniels if we can but I'm not mad at staying put at 11. Go defense and grab Penix later.

I wouldn't mind moving up for Daniels if we can but I'm not mad at staying put at 11. Go defense and grab Penix later.
I can’t decide if I think they have their eyes on Maye or Daniels. Preliminarily, it seems like the Patriots like Daniels. So I almost think we like Maye… so I think this is a No. 2 pick thing if they trade up. Caleb is unreachable obviously.

But how much do the Pats like Daniels to let a team move up to No. 2? Or is it a smokescreen and the Patriots like Drake Maye?

28DC2FA0-B926-47B5-9534-82838991ACEE.gif

We’re at 11.

With most mock drafts in a consensus with 10 offensive players going in the first 10 picks, what do you think about the possibility of not moving at all and getting the best defensive player in the draft?

651akathepaul 651akathepaul TipsyMcStagga TipsyMcStagga @carver K Kierris

I don't feel like we need to trade any of our draft capital man. Let's just stay at 11 and go from there.

That’s why I think the idea of the trade is interesting, because I fully believe the non-athletic Kirk pre-injury will have no trouble recovering. Not like he ever moved. But then you’re taking a chance on Cousins’ age versus a QB people still question, despite where he and his team are.

I can’t decide if I think they have their eyes on Maye or Daniels. Preliminarily, it seems like the Patriots like Daniels. So I almost think we like Maye… so I think this is a No. 2 pick thing if they trade up. Caleb is unreachable obviously.

I'm cool with the initial scenario. Grab best defense available.

Yall know my thoughts on Penix, but I'd still prefer he'd sit behind Cousins for a season and not sure how feasible that is. Can't grab him in round 1 though...Durability is concerning.

First and foremost...Pay Jefferson. Should've been done before the season.

Maye at 11?
i’ve heard rumors that he’s slippin but that just seems ridiculous IMO.

I think the thought too is Pats get a vet. Fields to ATL. I think the other question mark in the top-10 is the Giants but they might roll with Danny Dimes again? so i guess it could check out in theory in a mock where no one trades…

Revisionist history going CRAZY there :rofl:

Nobody believed Houston was a QB away or some perfect landing spot for one a year ago, Stroud and Demeco balling out doesn't change that.

More often than not, top pick rookie QB's go to awful situations and learn from there.

Your Jordan Loves or Mahomes getting to sit behind establish starters on well run teams as they learn are the rare exceptions.

The way I look at it, its rare for most teams getting a top 3 pick period. So if you still need a QB while having a top 3 pick, might as well take the opportunity to go get a top prospect there then build your team around that. Especially with an uncharacteristically strong QB class coming in and the next one looking average rn...

I could see an argument for trading back to stockpile picks and getting a veteran guy (Cousins/Baker/Russ) in short term but I don't think that picking a skill at 3 instead, like I'm seeing in a few mocks, is gonna do much at all until the QB question is settled.

Revisionist history going CRAZY there :rofl:

Nobody believed Houston was a QB away or some perfect landing spot for one a year ago, Stroud and Demeco balling out doesn't change that.

More often than not, top pick rookie QB's go to awful situations and learn from there.

Your Jordan Loves or Mahomes getting to sit behind establish starters on well run teams as they learn are the rare exceptions.

The way I look at it, its rare for most teams getting a top 3 pick period. So if you still need a QB while having a top 3 pick, might as well take the opportunity to go get a top prospect there then build your team around that. Especially with an uncharacteristically strong QB class coming in and the next one looking average rn...

I could see an argument for trading back to stockpile picks and getting a veteran guy (Cousins/Baker/Russ) in short term but I don't think that picking a skill at 3 instead, like I'm seeing in a few mocks, is gonna do much at all until the QB question is settled.
:lol: click bait material that I just want to be true.

Back
Top Bottom