2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

happy halloween y’all

stay safe out there!

B9EFD2A0-D54F-4CDE-93AD-F420AA72026A.jpeg

Came home from our trip to my very first Premier win.
20211027_113527.jpg

I gotta say, the leather used is x10 better than those blue pleathers. . .
20211027_113617.jpg
I got these about 4 weeks ago, and you’re right…they’re amazing. I love this OL pair. Haven’t worn mine yet, but they’ll definitely get rocked often.

The mummies aren’t even Part of Halloween collection. Why do u guys keep saying that?
Whether they were included in Nike’s Halloween “collection” or not, they’re definitely part of a long line of Halloween holiday/character/color inspired Dunk SBs that have dropped around the Halloween times for years. And also, even Nike referenced Halloween in their description…
677917CC-B8F7-4440-9D75-77C852F92FF0.png

I just said they wasn’t part of the Halloween collection lol. I guess those strawberries was part of the Halloween theme too?

I was lucky to have been able to secure a pair of the orange Mummy’s, and they’re my 3RD favorite Halloween Dunk SBs, behind only the Jason Voorhees Highs (which I have) and the Dia De Los Muertos Lows. I personally love the more neutral tones of the Mummy’s, even with that bright az glowing sole. Some other past Halloween-esque pairs have been dope, like the 2 or 3 back and orange pairs that’ve dropped in the past (not counting the Night of Mischief pair as I’m not a fan at all of those), but I’m not a huge fan of orange. Actually wore my Jason’s (with Blacksheep splattered laces) yesterday.
C851FD09-6D50-4C7B-8898-2BD59644C560.jpeg

While im not surprised at the ls on these raffles im happy i got the night of mischief sbs when they dropped so not too bummed out.

You must not have been trying to buy a next gen console for the past year... and games go out of print and up and price all the time, though not as bad as back in the day since digital releases have changed everything. I feel what you are saying though.
Oh I recognize that the systems are hard to obtain due to supply and such, but what I’m saying is that EVENTUALLY everyone that wants an Xbox or PS will be able to get one. It’s not like they only make 500K PSs or Xboxs, and everyone else just has to take the mindset of “oh well, I’ve got to move on to another video game console.” And with games going out of print, that’s like down the line in the lifecycle of a game. I know they don’t make the same game forever. When the popular GTAs, CoDs, Marios, Halos, etc., games first dropped before digital was a thing, sure there would be times when games were sold out everywhere, but eventually you’d be able to get one. Again, never in my 35 years of life and being a video game player and collector, can I ever remember a time when there were consoles and only physical games, and there was ever the notion that you wouldn’t be able to get said console and/or game. Might have to wait because the trickling inventory would get scooped quick, but you’d get to own and play eventually.

And don’t get me started on the reselling of video game consoles. I despise that even more than reselling kicks.

Oh I recognize that the systems are hard to obtain due to supply and such, but what I’m saying is that EVENTUALLY everyone that wants an Xbox or PS will be able to get one. It’s not like they only make 500K PSs or Xboxs, and everyone else just has to take the mindset of “oh well, I’ve got to move on to another video game console.” And with games going out of print, that’s like down the line in the lifecycle of a game. I know they don’t make the same game forever. When the popular GTAs, CoDs, Marios, Halos, etc., games first dropped before digital was a thing, sure there would be times when games were sold out everywhere, but eventually you’d be able to get one. Again, never in my 35 years of life and being a video game player and collector, can I ever remember a time when there were consoles and only physical games, and there was ever the notion that you wouldn’t be able to get said console and/or game. Might have to wait because the trickling inventory would get scooped quick, but you’d get to own and play eventually.

And don’t get me started on the reselling of video game consoles. I despise that even more than reselling kicks.

Disney also used to do this when they put movies back into the vault, before you could stream everything. Unfortunately it's a ****ty business model that is easily abused but it works.

Disney also used to do this when they put movies back into the vault, before you could stream everything. Unfortunately it's a ****ty business model that is easily abused but it works.
I totally get what you’re saying, but also both these examples are definitely unique and rare in their respective industries. The Nintendo article is even about how perplexed fans are of this decision, because again, video games aren’t and haven’t been limited. And Disney’s vault system was about BRINGING BACK OLD STUFF, most of which are like 20+ years old. But if a movie comes out today from Disney, or anyone else for that matter, there’s no limitation from people seeing it in theaters (outside of like full theaters and viewing times), and before streaming, when movies released via VHS & DVD, even the crazy popular movies were eventually obtainable.

Again, I just wish that just like these two aforementioned industries, getting a pair of kicks that released was more so a matter of being patient with supply, knowing that you could eventually get, as opposed to having to alter and change your tastes, because what you really like and want is artificially limited. I’ve said it before, and while I don’t expect it to ever become commonplace with kicks, I’d have ZERO PROBLEM with kicks turning to a pre order model.

The mummies aren’t even Part of Halloween collection. Why do u guys keep saying that?
Who said they were part of the “Halloween Collection?”

You’re amongst some of the knowledgeable SB heads on the planet. Of course we know the Mummy Dunks aren’t part of some standard Nike pack. No SB ever is.

I totally get what you’re saying, but also both these examples are definitely unique and rare in their respective industries. The Nintendo article is even about how perplexed fans are of this decision, because again, video games aren’t and haven’t been limited. And Disney’s vault system was about BRINGING BACK OLD STUFF, most of which are like 20+ years old. But if a movie comes out today from Disney, or anyone else for that matter, there’s no limitation from people seeing it in theaters (outside of like full theaters and viewing times), and before streaming, when movies released via VHS & DVD, even the crazy popular movies were eventually obtainable.

Again, I just wish that just like these two aforementioned industries, getting a pair of kicks that released was more so a matter of being patient with supply, knowing that you could eventually get, as opposed to having to alter and change your tastes, because what you really like and want is artificially limited. I’ve said it before, and while I don’t expect it to ever become commonplace with kicks, I’d have ZERO PROBLEM with kicks turning to a pre order model.

Once again... I am not a fan of the business model, but I am just pointing out specific cases of games doing the exact same thing. Nintendo has been doing it for a minute. If you really collected games like I do you would know how it goes with limited collector's editions of games. Think of certain model of shoes for Nike as the same, let's use Jordan 1s as an example. Every High OG is basically the limited edition version of whatever hype game. They charge a $20-30 premium, in this case Nike charged $50+, for a "better" version of the game, or one that comes with more trinkets, a steel book, or whatever. The base version of the game that anyone can get is basically the Jordan 1 mid. Every now and then you get your super over priced collector's edition for like $2-300 for a dumb as statue and/or art book and soundtrack, lithograph, whatever... That is your over hyped Collab shoe. It's been going on forever in different shapes and forms for various different types of media. Other clothing brands do it too, with various different labels of clothes. Think of Polo and their various labels and collections like Stadium, Snow Beach, Purple Label, so on and so forth...

Once again... I am not a fan of the business model, but I am just pointing out specific cases of games doing the exact same thing. Nintendo has been doing it for a minute. If you really collected games like I do you would know how it goes with limited collector's editions of games. Think of certain model of shoes for Nike as the same, let's use Jordan 1s as an example. Every High OG is basically the limited edition version of whatever hype game. They charge a $20-30 premium, in this case Nike charged $50+, for a "better" version of the game, or one that comes with more trinkets, a steel book, or whatever. The base version of the game that anyone can get is basically the Jordan 1 mid. Every now and then you get your super over priced collector's edition for like $2-300 for a dumb as statue and/or art book and soundtrack, lithograph, whatever... That is your over hyped Collab shoe. It's been going on forever in different shapes and forms for various different types of media. Other clothing brands do it too, with various different labels of clothes. Think of Polo and their various labels and collections like Stadium, Snow Beach, Purple Label, so on and so forth...
I agree too that the system is dumb, and I accept that it’s not gonna change. I I’ve been into video games my entire life, my passion before kicks, and I’ve bought more than my fair share of limited and collector’s editions of games. But you and I both know that often collector’s/limited editions are the EXACT SAME GAME, save for like special boxes, books, and trinkets (nothing actually game related), and IF the GAMING EXPERIENCE is any different, it’s usual aesthetic or super duper minimal like some different skins, special characters (which 9 times out of 10 you can buy separately anyways), etc. If kicks were more like this, it be like if everyone could get the Jordan 1 High OG Retros, but there was like a limited amount of pairs that came in like special boxes, with like special laces and dubraes, and maybe super minimal differences. At the end of the day they’re virtually still the same shoe.

IMO comparing a standard edition of a video game to a limited/collector’s edition of game, isn’t quite analogous to a Jordan 1 High OG to a Mid. A more correct analogy IMO would be like comparing regular Chi’s to like the Origin Stories or the Trophy Rooms, or some WC 3s to the Free Throw Lines, or like some Concord 11s to the DMP 11s. All the same builds, models, shapes, and color ways/color blocking, making the standard versions totally available to everyone, while the special/limited editions are just that, limited.

But like I’ve said before, I know shts not gonna change, but I can dream. Hahaha.

Back
Top Bottom